time for a change??

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

branston to go? thats a joke surely? two bad games and suddenly he's no longer the marshaller of our team?

mansell cant go back to rb, hes essential to our midfield at the moment, senda if fit, or robbo. charnock can slip in when ellis goes

its a trustworthy striker we need, not had one for ages now now, shame we cant stretch to just one more player
still keeping the faith
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

4-4-2 with Zebs up front

Buckle will come good, look at last season.
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

bixieupnorth wrote:branston to go? thats a joke surely? two bad games and suddenly he's no longer the marshaller of our team?

mansell cant go back to rb, hes essential to our midfield at the moment, senda if fit, or robbo. charnock can slip in when ellis goes

its a trustworthy striker we need, not had one for ages now now, shame we cant stretch to just one more player
At last a sensible post! The Pickler has had a mare the last two games, but that's the first two bad games he's had since joining the club. And now we have fans calling to get rid of him? Please.

Mansell right now is one of the first names on the team sheet and needs to stay in CM. I dread to think what will happen when he picks up that fifth yellow card.

The only change I'd like to see is Carlisle back in the team ahead of Stevens. He offers us more defensively, is a more intelligent footballer and puts a better delivery in the box. Play Wayne for the first hour and then bring Stevens on to run at a tired defence.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Yellow4life wrote:Would change Branston, Robbo CB, Mansell RB and oastler CM with O'kane.

The rest can't really change except possibly Macklin for Stevens which won't happen.
Was that a joke? :O
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Yep, kick Branston out and move Mans back to where he didn't want to be............. if you want 10 times more problems than we currently have.

PB is more than aware that if we, and ultimately he, are to progress he will need to change and add. Easy said I know, particularly with TQY s own austerity measures, but I wouldn't mind betting he will be saying as such to his employers on Monday. I heard an unconfirmed rumour a while back that we where enquiring about Bradford s unsettled Tommy Doherty. I dismissed the idea at the time as him being of the wrong age bracket for PB. Maybe experience is something we've lacked over the last few weeks.
yellowmonkey
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Watches from: Pop side

Post by yellowmonkey »

Benyon to put on a plane with DO NOT RETURN TO SENDER and shipped anywhere but back to us, what a total waste of space yesterday we NEED a STRIKER and soon not a wet fart. His efforts yesterday were abismal, danny played well and seemed to tackle better than our defence, who NEED to learn how to tackle instead of tracking back. And NO i dont believe Mr Buckle should go with the buget constraints his efforts at keeping us in the top of the table have been magnificent even if he needs to learn when to sub but he is still learning. We ned some more contacts from better teams to get in some decent loanee's and sent GRITTON packing. Thats my piece now bring it on whiners!!!!
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

I did; if I'm honest, for get about Senda ;-)

That's worked out better then, robbo and Ellis at CB- Mansell and O'kane CM.

What I'm saying is- drop Branston. Giving away three penalties in 2 games really wouldn't help your confidence.
YellowMurphy
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Saah

Post by YellowMurphy »

yellowmonkey wrote:Benyon to put on a plane with DO NOT RETURN TO SENDER and shipped anywhere but back to us, what a total waste of space yesterday we NEED a STRIKER and soon not a wet fart. His efforts yesterday were abismal, danny played well and seemed to tackle better than our defence, who NEED to learn how to tackle instead of tracking back. And NO i dont believe Mr Buckle should go with the buget constraints his efforts at keeping us in the top of the table have been magnificent even if he needs to learn when to sub but he is still learning. We ned some more contacts from better teams to get in some decent loanee's and sent GRITTON packing. Thats my piece now bring it on whiners!!!!
Are you serious? Without Benyon last season AND this season where would we be? All of our potential strike partnerships pretty much need benyon. To say we dont need him anymore and he is crap is just absolutely crazy. Weve just scored 3 goals, something must have clicked yesterday? Its the defence we need to concentrate on at the moment.
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

YellowMurphy wrote: Are you serious? Without Benyon last season AND this season where would we be? All of our potential strike partnerships pretty much need benyon. To say we dont need him anymore and he is crap is just absolutely crazy. Weve just scored 3 goals, something must have clicked yesterday? Its the defence we need to concentrate on at the moment.

Personally getting rid of benyon won't help, I would however taken him off instead of kee(who I thought had a good game without having a shot!) I agree with sending gritton back but we will need to find someone of the same stature to replace him. Kee won a lot of the aerials yesterday and I would start him again next week. At the moment benyon is our only scoring CF(zebroski plays in midfield!) so we cannot drop him completely.
YellowMurphy
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by YellowMurphy »

Exactly, Benyon is the kind of breed of striker that can be quiet for a whole game, even over a spell of a few games, then easily score 2 or 3 in one game. We CANT keep on chopping and changing each week, a strong 4-4-2 got us that great start, no 3-5-1-1 or 4-5-1 or 4-3-3, no wing backs, no 5 in midfield, just 4-4-2. Benyon and Kee up top, Mansell and O'Kane in the middle, O'Kane just needs a few games, its not like hes had any horrific games. He cant do what he does in a 4-5-1 in a 4-4-2, he is limited in a 4-4-2, but he will fit in, Im pretty sure Lathrope would fit in perfectly, but for now, O'Kane gives us that extra bite going forward. As for Gritton, not bothered where he goes in January, hes good cover, and a good reserve striker. Hes good enough, but with Kee & Benyon I doubt he will get a good run in the side. He seems to have 10 minute spells where he wins a lot, and looks a threat then he just fizzles out. If Gritton goes back, that leaves us with 3 strikers:

Benyon
Kee
Zebs

I think we could get away with that. We just need to get a good partnership going between Kee & Benyon. Time is all we need, anyway were 11th? Its not like were going down.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

3 strikers isn't enough, especially when one is a first choice winger too. Zebs is 10 times more effective on the right than anywhere else on the pitch. If Benyon/Kee were to get injured, then who've we got? Yeoman? Move Zebs up the middle where he doesn't enjoy playing as much?

I agree with Gritton going back, but I can't see it happening until PB lines up a suitable replacement - a targetman who can do the dirty work.

And dropping Branston for two dodgy games? Charnock was no better yesterday.
yellowmonkey
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Watches from: Pop side

Post by yellowmonkey »

C'mon are you serious? Are defence is scoring more goals at the moment than Benyon!
YellowMurphy
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by YellowMurphy »

Nick, Coming in at half time against a front pairing like Ajose and Lowe isnt exactly the easiest scenario to come into. Look at their two second half goals, a wonder strike, and nico not getting tight enough on his man/a slight deflection. Charnock + Ellis should be the way forward. I remember about this time last season was when Nico got dropped for about a month or two, came back in the form of his career. Maybe that is what Branston needs.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

YellowMurphy wrote:Nick, Coming in at half time against a front pairing like Ajose and Lowe isnt exactly the easiest scenario to come into. Look at their two second half goals, a wonder strike, and nico not getting tight enough on his man/a slight deflection. Charnock + Ellis should be the way forward. I remember about this time last season was when Nico got dropped for about a month or two, came back in the form of his career. Maybe that is what Branston needs.
i agree with you mate.

it did nicho the power of good.

i was livid after his dismal performance at crewe. gave them all three goals - although the first pen wasnt a pen. but the 2nd goal it was his header that went back to the middle of the pitch just before it ended up in our top corner.
then at the end he was all smiles and joking with the crewe players! FFS! :x

get him dropped, give charnock (who has the patience of a saint) a chance and that will give branston the kick up the a**e he deserves.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

andygull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by andygull »

I think we should give Bucks more time. Sure it annoys me when he turns out the same predictable excuses like 'we were the better side today' or 'we could have scored five or six' or 'mistakes cost us' on an all too regular basis. in some games it is true yes, but it gets tiresome. That said though, i think he has attributes that can be of benefit to us in the long term if we just stick with him. I mean if Bucks is not to be given time then why should Billy Kee cos he ain't delivering the goods at the minute is he? Very very disappointed with him. I remember the first time i saw him live away at Lincoln he looked overweight, sluggish, and was constantly knackered. Not happy at all at the minute and all the early season euphoria has worn off despite us being a couple of wins off a prom spot. We go from not conceding a goal for about a hundred years to shipping millions in 3 games!! Its doing my head in!! If we can steady the ship and nail a couple of wins soon then i will be hopeful of a play off spot. If we plummet down the table (which hasn't happened a great deal yet despite our atrocious run of form) then i'll have to review my opinions on Bucks. I do not want another relegation battle like last season. Although the 3-0 win at Grimsby provided me with one of my most enjoyable days last season!