FA CUP First Round Proper

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

FA CUP First Round Proper

Post by Awayday »

With the 1st Round being played on the 6th Nov I am guessing the draw must be soon (I couldn't find anywhere on the interweb to see when the draw was) and wondered if people had a preference?

The last of the 3rd round qualifiers have finished http://www.thefa.com/TheFACup/FACompeti ... up/Results and there are some teams there I wouldn't mind getting as an away trip.

Carshalton Athletic
Dover Athletic
Salisbury City
Havant & Waterlooville
Farnborough
Poole Town
Eastleigh
Basingstoke Town

I know SG wouldn't mind 1 or 2 of those as an away trip either.

Anyone know when the draw is?
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Sunday lunchtime, 24th October as I understand it.

I'd be happy with any of the teams listed above if we got them. In fact I'd be quite happy going to a team not in our division and a ground I've not been too. I'd love us to go to a quirky little non league ground, on the proviso that we are guaranteed a result!
TUFCfan
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by TUFCfan »

Awayday wrote:With the 1st Round being played on the 6th Nov I am guessing the draw must be soon (I couldn't find anywhere on the interweb to see when the draw was) and wondered if people had a preference?

The last of the 3rd round qualifiers have finished http://www.thefa.com/TheFACup/FACompeti ... up/Results and there are some teams there I wouldn't mind getting as an away trip.

Anyone know when the draw is?
There's still the 4th Qualifying round to be played on the weekend of the 23rd which includes all of the Conference teams, so I guess the draw will probably be on that weekend or shortly after it.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

I hope we draw the Metropolitan Police (at home).
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

wivelgull wrote:I hope we draw the Metropolitan Police (at home).
Why's that Wivel? Have they got an outstanding warrant against Gilbert and will be nabbing him with the aid of tasers? :) :)
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Fletch wrote: Why's that Wivel? Have they got an outstanding warrant against Gilbert and will be nabbing him with the aid of tossers? :) :)

Quite ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Wouldn't mind getting Carshalton, they're my dear brother's second team and I've been a little short on reasons to mock him lately.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

WOW Carshalton.

I went to a charity match at Carshalton FC once, it was a Chelsea day and I went in a Man Utd shirt, just to be contrary. Diamondgirl and I saw Dean Gaffney, what a miserable **** he is!

Ma,

Please post full details on here since I can't really remember sufficient to do justice to the story.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

ferrarilover wrote:WOW Carshalton.

I went to a charity match at Carshalton FC once, it was a Chelsea day and I went in a Man Utd shirt, just to be contrary. Diamondgirl and I saw Dean Gaffney, what a miserable **** he is!

Ma,

Please post full details on here since I can't really remember sufficient to do justice to the story.

Matt.

It was a few years ago Matt. Me, being a Chelsea fan, was "over the moon" to find out that ex. Chelsea player (And heartthrob :Oops: of yours truly) Garry Stanley, was coming to work, as a rep, at the pharmaceutical company that I worked for. I was given the task of "Welcoming" Garry to the company. Anyway, things moved along and Garry was asked (By CFC) to play in a charity match for another ex. CFC player, Alan Hudson. The game was being played at Carshalton FC and was against an "All Star" team. Garry gave me a couple of tickets, so Matt and I went along. One of the "All Star" players was Dean Gaffney and he was the most miserable sod you could ever wish to meet. He snarled like a pit bull terrier each time anyone spoke him, but I suppose to be fair most people were asking him where Wellard was!! I don't watch East enders but I know that Wellard was his dog.

Anyhow, the day went well, I saw my beloved Garry Stanley playing in a Chelsea shirt again, and to cap it all "Chopper" Harris was there to lend his support. I can't remember what the score was, probably about 15 all, but I got to have a chat with a few of my old heroes.

Carshalton was a very nice ground and I would be more than happy to go back there with my, now, beloved TUFC. :)

Christine
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Awayday »

Without dropping the biggest name drop ever, but Chopper is my cousin :)

Aslo Dean Gaffney has just moved house, into the same road as my inlaws. A few people have met him in the local village, but no one has seen his dog LOL
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Not fussed who we get in the early rounds. Just hope we get a real money spinner a bit later on.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Awayday »

Fonda wrote:Not fussed who we get in the early rounds. Just hope we get a real money spinner a bit later on.
But to get to the later rounds surely we would want easier early rounds to ensure we get to the money spinners?
Knowing our luck we'll get an away game to Stockport or something and get dumped out at the first hurdle.

Also thanks for the correction, didn't see there was a 4th round qualifier.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Well yeah, i obviously hope we get opposition we can beat, but i don't care who they are.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

Awayday wrote:Without dropping the biggest name drop ever, but Chopper is my cousin :)

Aslo Dean Gaffney has just moved house, into the same road as my inlaws. A few people have met him in the local village, but no one has seen his dog LOL
Wow. Now I am impressed!!. So what has happened to Wellard :|
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Fonda wrote:Well yeah, i obviously hope we get opposition we can beat, but i don't care who they are.
I'm only leaning that way as I selfishly want family bragging rights. Haven't had those since we beat aforementioned dear bro's first team. :lol:
Everyone wants Man U at Old Trafford if we get that far but we usually end up with a lower Championship club and all the big teams play each other. Takes the shine off things.