FA CUP First Round Proper

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

diamondgirl wrote: Wow. Now I am impressed!!. So what has happened to Wellard :|
I think in the show Wellhard came 2nd best after a fight with a moving car. In real life I think the dog that played Wellhard was replaced about 3 or 4 times. The last time you saw a character outlive the actors must have been Sooty?
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

The perfect FA Cup First Round scenario has just dawned on me - Sheffield FC away.

Sheffield FC are at home to Tipton Town in their 4th round qualifier - Tipton are one of 3 step 5 teams left in at this stage (Poole and Hythe are the others), but the only ones who are away from home, so you'd put Sheffield as the favourites.

Sheffield are of course the worlds oldest football club. Theres your TV friendly story right there. Couple that with giant killing potential - if they get a home time in the first round against any league club I'd put money on it being on TV. If we're lucky enough that its us, that'll be money in the bank.

They are, however, playing at the same level as sides like Bideford and Taunton in the national league structure. I know its the FA Cup and anything can happen, but we should really be strong enough to beat them, so its definately a winnable tie.

And finally, Sheffield FC is the home to David Graham. Another great story, and a wonderful opportunity for Gulls fans to pay homage to our former hero.

So favourites in qualifier + history + good story for TV + winnable tie + sentimental reasons = perfect tie for me!

Throw in a home second round game with Argyle or City, a capacity crowd at plainmoor and another win, then bring on the big guns!
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

HRG wrote: I'm only leaning that way as I selfishly want family bragging rights. Haven't had those since we beat aforementioned dear bro's first team. :lol:
Everyone wants Man U at Old Trafford if we get that far but we usually end up with a lower Championship club and all the big teams play each other. Takes the shine off things.
Me too.

Perfect cup run for me would be..;

Round 1 - Argyle away - I don't know that many Argyle fans personally but I really want a competitive game down there as I feel we would take a couple of thousand, if allowed.

Round 2 - City away - Speaks for itself.

Round 3 - Man Utd away - I would never have to fight my corner about TUFC to all the glory supporters, ever again..
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

You didn't mention who you would want in the fourth round Nick......

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

scottbrehaut wrote:You didn't mention who you would want in the fourth round Nick......
I wouldn't mind going to the Emirates Stadium :)
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

I didn't want to get too carried away, Scott.. ;-)

But if I must...

Round 4 - Arsenal away

Round 5 - Man City away

Round 6 (quarter finals?) - Chelsea away

Semis - Tottenham, at Wembley..

Final - Liverpool.

Easy enough, yeah?
Northumbergull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Watson
Location: Widdrington Station, Northumberland (hence the monicker)

Post by Northumbergull »

Away to the last north east team, Gateshead. ;-)

Half an hour's drive south and party time on the Toon in the evening!

Mind, they're doing well at the mo'.

Cheers

Bruce
Northumberland Gulls, we drive south to all the games!
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

NickGull wrote: Round 2 - City away - Speaks for itself.

I hope not! I am away for the 2nd Round!? I would be gutted if we got city away! But we need to get through the 1st yet! :rofl: :| :rofl: :|
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.