Why aren't we chasing...

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Why aren't we chasing...

Post by ferrarilover »

...Calvin Zola?

This thread is, of course, open for general comment but the questions are more aimed at those in the know.
I know we have not got a pot to pee in between us at TUFC, but he clearly wants away from Crewe, he has been linked, according to various sources, with Burton, Bradford, Southend and now Shrewsbury.
Diamondgirl and I have been saying privately for a while now that we need "a big, ugly, black bastard who can get goals." It's pure coincidence that we are playing Crewe and today's game has nothing to do with my posting this; I genuinely believe he could be the bargain basement answer to our problems up front.

Does anyone have any outside knowledge as to why every team in L2 except us is chasing him?
Why he is so desperate to leave the team for whom he signed for £200,000 and scored a little over a goal every other game last year?
Why Crewe are so happy to let go of a 20 goal per season man?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Careful you'll have Merse calling you a racist!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

It's very simple, Matt. We don't have the money. If we want to buy any player, we have to sell first.

Colin Lee's settlement has crippled us on the playing budget front, so much for him being a fan eh? Before all his supporters start saying he's entitled to it, he may well be, but that doesn't mean he had to take it at a time so vital to our aspirations. As far as I'm concerned he can go and don the green of Argyle and profess to bleed green because he certainly doesn't have the future interests of our club at heart.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

I was actually thinking about this, but Dave has already provided the simple answer. Crewe will want all of his wages paid, plus perhaps a fee even for a loan deal. Then there's the fact that he has spent his whole career up north - he doesn't know what he's missing.

So in summary, nice idea, but never going to happen (unless Bucks kidnaps him after today's game).
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

This is pretty much what I figured, although I was rather hoping for a clever answer.
Merse can call me what he likes. This is a bloke who gets up every morning and WILFULLY dons a snakeskin jacket and a pork pie hat, would you value his opinion.

Matt.

N.B. I like Big Al Merson, despite his penchant for dressing in the dark.
YellowMurphy
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Saah

Post by YellowMurphy »

In this report says he turned down a lown move to southend, as well as the money issues, I doubt he would move down south. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 059602.stm
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Gary Clayton

Post by jonnyfive »

ferrarilover wrote: Diamondgirl and I have been saying privately for a while now that we need "a big, ugly, black bastard who can get goals."
Perhaps that's an expression that you should have kept private, you prat!
"Also, stands aren't sentient."
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Jonny, first off, why exactly should I have kept that private, have you a problem with the club signing big, ugly black guys?

Secondly, don't go lobbing around personal insults, for two reasons, firstly, the moderators on here don't like it and secondly, because I don't like it and it's hardly fair since I'm such an ameanable chap. Comprende?

Matt.
Last edited by ferrarilover on 09 Oct 2010, 23:27, edited 1 time in total.
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

Should have gone to Specsavers...
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Now now chaps. Let's try and keep things civil, perhaps you'd both like to amend your posts so others don't get the wrong impression of what is afterall, a friendly family site.

Thanks in anticipation.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

ferrarilover wrote:Yellow, first off, why exactly should I have kept that private, have you a problem with the club signing big, ugly black guys?

Secondly, don't go lobbing around personal insults, for two reasons, firstly, the moderators on here don't like it and secondly, because I don't like it and I'll tear you a new arsehole if you do it again. Comprende?

Matt.
I think what he is saying is he is going to pump your poohting hole :mrgreen:
Last edited by usagullmichigan on 09 Oct 2010, 23:32, edited 1 time in total.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

yellow wrote:Should have gone to Specsavers...
Sorry mate, I have ABSOLUTELY no idea where I got Yellow from :lol:

Matt.
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

ferrarilover wrote: Sorry mate, I have ABSOLUTELY no idea where I got Yellow from :lol:

Matt.
That s all very well Matt but my sphincter was tight enough after today s game at Gresty Road without having other threats made upon it's wellbeing! :O
Last edited by yellow on 09 Oct 2010, 23:39, edited 1 time in total.
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Sorry for getting involved here,however sometimes i read something and feel i have to.

Matt you have allways struck me as a decent and passionate lad,Tufc and life,something i admire in people,however you wrote "a big, ugly, black bastard who can get goals."

I am not accusing you of being racist ,however can you not see how many peole reading that statement would take offense?

maybe jonnyfive should not have called a name,he clearly has taken offense,and was merely suggesting that maybe you should not use that wording to describe Calvin Zola,or any other forward of his stature or creed,you then threatened him,i have to say Matt on this thread you have come out in a good light at all.

I have not said any this to cause offense to you/jonnyfive or any one else,just thought it needed pointing out.

Dave sg,i think my post is not required feel free to remove it.
Formerly known as forevertufc
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

Yes you should have said white. He might get the same amount of goals and it wouldn't be racist at the same time