Joe Oastler

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Wroe is on the list isn't he? Barnsleygull will be supporting another northern team before long :)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

Fonda wrote: The ironic (and unfortunate) thing being, other clubs will be aware of our financial woes now and will have some bargaining power. Can we expect to recieve similar fess to those being mooted in August?
I would hope the club realised the financial situation we were in when they rejected the Ellis offer at the end of August. Five weeks is a long time in football, but I'm sure they were aware even back then that they were going to have to cut the playing budget. I guess this is the drawback of being honest with the fans.

I think the Ellis offer was 100k? I think something closer to 150k plus a sell-on-fee would represent good business for the club.

I can't see many teams higher up the ladder than us queuing up to sign Wroe, while Benyon's form and goal-rate over the next few months will determine the interest in him from other clubs. The only other major saleable asset is Zebroski. I know Nigel Adkins sent someone down to watch him while at Scunthorpe and I assume there are a fair few managers watching him closely.

Realistically I can see us losing two of the above in January.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

The offer for Ellis was somewhat lower than that, Tommy. No surprise there that it was turned down.

Bucks did well to keep a large chunk of his budget back, probably in the hope that he could land a quality forward in January, as others have already alluded to, he'll now have to sell to bring in anyone else and my favourite to be first out of the door is Wroe. Eunan is progressing very well and no doubt the contrast between the enthusiasm he shows compared to that of Wroe is going to be a deciding factor in who gets chosen.
Dave

ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Dave,

You say about PB keeping a chunk of playing budget back to facilitate the signing of a striker (the specifics are largely unimportant), my question is this: had he not been so prudent and the playing budget was stretched thin, where would the Colin Lee money have come from?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Well Matt, that's obviously the 130+k question, don't you think?
Dave