Gilbert and the drum

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Gilbert and the drum

Post by wivelgull »

I don't know why I didn't think of it earlier, but I've an idea how to combine two nuisances into one and at least give the major nuisance something to do. Why not, at - say - half past two give the wretched drum to Gilbert? He could walk around the ground banging it and (in the opinion of some) no doubt 'raise' the atmosphere. Even better, he could repeat the show at half-time. At the end of the proceedings, if United have lost, he could jump on the drum and destroy the bloody thing once and for all!
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

Good idea.
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

wivelgull wrote:he could jump on the drum and destroy the bloody thing once and for all!
Be serious Wivel, he'd miss it by about 3 feet if he tried :)
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Make your mind up Wivel me old mucker - in one thread you are bemoaning the lack of atmosphere, and in this one you are moaning about one of the main reasons why there IS an atmosphere at Plainmoor now.

It's one or the other old boy!!

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
cosmic74
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by cosmic74 »

What about many Gilberts playing many different instruments. I would love to offer my own services for this, but unfortunately the only instrument I learnt at schoolmany years ago was the triangle!!! Many years ago, I remember the panpipers pulling in quite a crowd of shoppers in Plymouth city centre. How about agroup of panpiping Gulls!!! That that I would love to see. :)
I live for matchdays!!!!
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

wivelgull wrote:I don't know why I didn't think of it earlier, but I've an idea how to combine two nuisances into one and at least give the major nuisance something to do. Why not, at - say - half past two give the wretched drum to Gilbert? He could walk around the ground banging it and (in the opinion of some) no doubt 'raise' the atmosphere. Even better, he could repeat the show at half-time. At the end of the proceedings, if United have lost, he could jump on the drum and destroy the bloody thing once and for all!

Sorry when I read about you having an idea of combining 2 nuisances I thouught had a plan to meet up with Merse :lol: :lol: :lol:
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Well done, Mr. Chippygull! I see that your heart is in the right place.