Recording!!!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tufc1730
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: none lol

Recording!!!

Post by tufc1730 »

why is it that we are allways busted 4 recording matches but on tuesday i look over and c a bloke in the family stan with a tripod and camera and he wasnt press because he wasnt wearing a jacket n was wearing tufc top!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think nthe club needs to have words with people!!!!!!!!!! o by the way i since found out that he is a member of staff and not registered to record in the ground :evil:
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

What?

Can someone please translate?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
JoeBarlow
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by JoeBarlow »

ferrarilover wrote:What?

Can someone please translate?

Matt.
He saw someone filming at a Torquay United match, who wasn`t regstered to do so and he wanted to know why.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

I think the guy you are probably thinking of is our new Sports Science Analyst Vinny North who is employed by the club and most certainly would have permission to do whatever he was doing! Yet another example of how much more professional our club has become - good to see progress like this being made by our club.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Ok, just a question to the OP, why did you not either:

A. Approach this fella and ask him what in the name of the Croque Monsuir he thought he was doing?
or
B. Since you were so incandescent with rage, report his actions to the nearest TUFC official (a steward to you and me?)

CP,

Tell us (or, those who don't know who this new guy is) all about him.

Matt.
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Analysts are certainly popping up all over sport and they provide a good coaching tool.
My brother is a cricket analyst. I think he's a lucky git getting paid to watch and record sport.
I agree with CP, it is a positive sign that the club wants to move forward.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

The current state of the teaching of English in our schools is made apparent in the initial posting of this thread.
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

I think the same guy was behind us at the back of the stand at Shrews on Saturday.
A couple of us chatted with him, but he was all dressed up in the Torquay tracksuit with a camcorder on a tripod.
To be honest if people want to film games, good luck to them, as long as they are not making money out of it for themselves.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

At the risk of being controversial - can we really justify paying this guy at the moment? When Bucks bemoans the lack of funds in the bank for players it jars somewhat that we are paying a "sports Science analyst".

Personally I would rather see the money being spent on new players.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

scottbrehaut wrote:At the risk of being controversial - can we really justify paying this guy at the moment? When Bucks bemoans the lack of funds in the bank for players it jars somewhat that we are paying a "sports Science analyst".

Personally I would rather see the money being spent on new players.
I don't know for one second, but wouldn't this come out of a different budget? I'm all for it, personally, I think it brings us into line with many other League clubs. If he assists the performance of the team, surely that's of huge benefit to us?
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Yeah, it may be a benefit to the club, but the purchase of a couple more players would be of a greater benefit right now (I am aware we can't buy players yet, but you know what I mean I'm sure!)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

I never trust analysts.

They all start with Anal.

I just made that up :)
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

scottbrehaut wrote:Yeah, it may be a benefit to the club, but the purchase of a couple more players would be of a greater benefit right now (I am aware we can't buy players yet, but you know what I mean I'm sure!)
So, that's Le Fondre and Lester, I wish I was a sports analyst for a broke L2 side on £4,000,000 per annum. :lol:

Seriously though, this geezer will do us more good than and two £15,000 footballers.

N.B. This salary of £30k is plucked straight out of thin air, I have absolutely no idea what he costs us, but it sure as hell ain't enough to buy us the calibre of player we need right now.

Matt.
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

happytorq wrote:I never trust analysts.

They all start with Anal.

I just made that up :)
I'm a Business Analyst for the health service.......... cheers :(
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Hey, I'm a web analytics manager. I've rather buggered myself there (haha! I crack myself up)

It always makes me giggle when I'm working and the Firefox tabs shorten it to "Google Anal". I apparently am very sad. :)
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.