Buckle is Calling

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Buckle is Calling

Post by Awayday »

I cannot make tomorrow's game, but I see Buckle is asking the "Yellow Army" to venture down to the away end again when they are kicking that way.

I think those who are willing to sing should move down there, we had a great time with Port Vale down there last week.
I will be doing my bit with Chesterfield and taking the drum down there when we are kicking that way.

Does it mean though they want us to move to the family stand end when we are kicking that way or are they happy with us in the middle??
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

I'm hoping there'll be very little up and down movement along the Popside tomorrow because of a 4500+ attendance.

What ever the attendance, it won't deter the Boots & Laces half time brigade from whatever which way as necessary. :clap:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

yellowsmiffy wrote:I reckon just when we are attacking the away end to support the team when they are getting the stick from the away fans!
Can I just say, I got heavily criticised for suggesting the die hards in the pop should move to the away corner a while back on this forum. I was grumbling about how we are always percieved as a 'nice' club who don't create an atmosphere etc. When you have the fans who want to sing in such close proximity to the away fans it makes creating an atmosphere so much easier and better. The 'banter' between the two sets of fans is continous and the chants start themselves in reply to the oppostions etc etc. It was great seeing you lot down that end with the Vale fans last week from a grandstand point of view. Keep up the good work!

Correct. I got a message earlier from one of the players and it's something they feel really helps when they kick towards the away end.

So.......far end of the Pop it is then............when we kick that way :scarf:
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
gullsflyinghigh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by gullsflyinghigh »

I think the middle is okay for when we're attacking the family stand.

A capacity crowd against Chesterfield could put a bit of a spanner in the works when trying to move 50-60 odd people down to the corner at halftime but for a normal game, I think it's a decent idea.

Where's Buckle said this, on the OS?
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

http://www.torquayunited.com/page/News/ ... 39,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;