Reserves win - one for the detectives...

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
AndyC
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Reserves win - one for the detectives...

Post by AndyC »

I see the Ressies won 2-1 at Forest Green this evening with goals from Joe Oastler and A Trialist.

There is a thread on the FGR forum here with the details, and it appears the trialist was called 'Dammir Jamac'. Note a few of the other players are mis-spelled so he could really be anyone (lol) or been given a pseudonym - maybe it was that Ross Hannah character??

Anyone with any clue who he might really be? Don't suppose anyone on here actually went?

http://forum.fgrfc.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4125" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Still, it's nice to know we can field a pretty strong reserve team even at this late point in the season, and I continue to hear very good reports about this lad Latimer from the youth team, who is meant to have a helluva engine in midfield.
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

It's a mystery, google comes up with nothing and neither does facebook. That is the extent of my investigative skills I'm afraid.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Very strange one, looks like a striker as he had the no. 9 shirt on. Does look very much like a secretive name, not even a picture up on the OS for it.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

If the club were serious about brining a trialist in, the best thing would to keep it quite. After the Ross Hannah thing i wouldnt blame the club if they on the quite bout it. Being Number 9 and scored a goal, just like cambgull said maybe a striker.

Would be intresting if anyone does find anything out, as like other members i am intrigued on who it could be.
GulldenBoy
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Branston

Post by GulldenBoy »

Mentioned in the Herald today:

http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/tufc/ ... ticle.html
Rovers equalised in the second half, before Dammir Jamac, a trialist from London, scored the winner.
As it mentions London, might want to look at some of the top non-league teams in London?
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I'll add to this one rather than make a whole new thread for a very similar topic.

Final match of the season and we blew it, lost 2-0 at the Swans. I'm sure you can all find the story yourselves. One question I do have for those who know these things, it seems we had a boy by the name of Rob Nardiello playing for us, is he anything to do with the Exeter geezer of the same name, or is it a common name down these parts or is it pure, if unlikely, coincidence?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

ferrarilover wrote:I'll add to this one rather than make a whole new thread for a very similar topic.

Final match of the season and we blew it, lost 2-0 at the Swans. I'm sure you can all find the story yourselves. One question I do have for those who know these things, it seems we had a boy by the name of Rob Nardiello playing for us, is he anything to do with the Exeter geezer of the same name, or is it a common name down these parts or is it pure, if unlikely, coincidence?

Matt.
Another of the Nardiello clan perhaps? My mind has gone blank on their first names (I want to say Daniel and Michael) but the one who plays for Exeter and the ex Man U and West Brom who I believe is currently at Tiverton both grew up in Torquay - perhaps they have a younger relation?
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

Seemingly a footballing family. Gerry played for us in the 80's. I think Rob's his nephew. Been playing for the youth team for a while now...
ChineseGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by ChineseGull »

Jeff wrote: Another of the Nardiello clan perhaps? My mind has gone blank on their first names (I want to say Daniel and Michael) but the one who plays for Exeter and the ex Man U and West Brom who I believe is currently at Tiverton both grew up in Torquay - perhaps they have a younger relation?
Daniel's the Exeter player. Michael used to play for us at U13s level before the centre of excellence got shut down. He stood out back then but I think his career's been halted by injury. So yeah, the family's from the area and they seem to all be pretty handy at football. Any idea what position he plays? Daniel and Michael are both strikers.
TUFC92
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by TUFC92 »

I believe he is a full back, and is Gerry Nardiellos son, so he's Michael's younger brother and Daniel's cousin.
BlueYellow
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by BlueYellow »

I go to school with rob and talk to him a fair bit about all of this. He is a 'first-year' apprentice going inti the second with the offer hopefully on the table at the end of it. Mind you, only Spear obtained a contract from the 'second-years' this year. Rob is an age group ahead and is the person most likely to get one.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

So now I know which Nardiello is which, I wonder whether we'd take a look at Michael now he's played some regular football?

I've been keeping an eye on the Zamaretto league this year (mainly to follow Truros progress), and although Tiverton have had a pretty shocking season generally if they've scored then Nardiello has got in amongst the goals. He's had a rotten time with injuries, but if I remember right wasn't he something like the record goalscorer at Man Utd youth levels? And was good enough for West Brom to take a punt on him before it all started to go wrong.

I'm sure there was an article posted on here about a year ago about him and his comeback from injury, with the bottom line saying we'd offered him a trial when he got back to fitness. I'm sure someone said that that fell apart when Colin Lee left, any chance of a resurrection now he's had a year of football under his belt?
GulldenBoy
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Branston

Post by GulldenBoy »

It appears Ross Hannah is close to signing for a league club in the next few days:

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/ross_is_ ... _1_3308491
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

GulldenBoy wrote:It appears Ross Hannah is close to signing for a league club in the next few days:

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/ross_is_ ... _1_3308491

I really hope that we did enough to persuade him when he came for a visit. I think there is a good chance it might be us - maybe SG could give us more insight if it is or if that ship has now sailed??
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

The mention of Macclesfield in that article leads me to believe they would probably be favourites. We all know how fickle footballers can be when it comes to relocating, and a lad whose career has spanned both Sheffield clubs, Stocksbridge PS, Gainsborough and Matlock would suggest he may want to stay local.

That said, our form may have swayed him - I would say that we are more likely to challenge again next season (or even be in league 1) than Macc. The prospect of a Hannah and Zebroski forward partnership would look pretty potent.