All we are saying, is give us the awayend!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

All we are saying, is give us the awayend!

Post by Awayday »

This one keeps going around and around and around.

WE NEED THE AWAYEND

SG got a text after half time asking for us to move down to the awayend part of the popside.
We sounded good, but as someone has already said the noise doesn't carry.

We need to get the club to give us the awayend next season whilst we are going through the building works. Give the away lot the bottom corner of the Popside and let them have the crap accoustics.

Does anyone have any ideas on how we go about getting the message across to the club??
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

I'd suggest chanting it but no one would hear you. :whistle:
Parry
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Parry »

I'd absolutely love it if we got the away end permanently. Maybe when the new stand is built we can shove the away fans in there? Who am i kidding, we'll never get it.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

fully agree,if the club want to improve the atmosphere for the team then us fans must have the away end,i have walked along the popside during the match a few times,and you can often hear three different sections all chanting something different,that is the problem,as you know Paul,at the Creepy match the group not 10 yards away from us started a different chant,so want chance do us fans have.

One problem i can see moving the away fans into the popside corner and giving us the away end while the new stand is being built,is far to many lads like there half time pint,there is no way the safety officer will let home fans walk through the away fans to get into boots/laces,so having the away next season could turn into a classic own goal for us fans.

Think it will have to be get the stand built then give us all or part of the current away end,i think the best way forward here to get the message across to the club would be start a petition at the Wycombe game get enough fans to sign it then hand into the club.
Formerly known as forevertufc
basil75
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by basil75 »

Aren't there regulations about keeping fans separated (I'm not certain of the exact details and which details apply to our league)

If this was the case, we'd lose further capacity as a distance would have to be created in the middle of popside where neither side would be allowed - something we couldn't do if we're losing the grandstand and we need to maintain the bear minimum allowed capacity to actually play in this league.
Parry
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Parry »

I'd give up my half time pint if we could have that away end. It is so good for acoustics and would make the matchday experience 100 times better.
Parry
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Parry »

I emailed the club via http://www.torquayunited.com/page/Feedb ... 45,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This probably isn't the best way of communicating with the club, a petition would be great.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

I know the club reads this site so they should see this topic.
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

The away end would be better. I will always remember the histon play off game. A change will never happen before the new stand. Away fans need there own seperate entrance and exit. If they was put on the bottom coner of the pop, theres no seperate entrance and the exit in that corner would cause a problem. The pop side is to big to get everyone to leave down in to food concourse and they would never get everyone out quick enough in a fire.
The only place where its safe and possible to have away fans are where they are now. Its worth starting a pretition getting them to put the away fans in the new grandstand when or if its build in the coner where there is nothing at the moment. This would allow the current granstanders could still have there side/corner. The empty space which is there at the moment can be away fans. And we can be happy and take that away stand. This could then mean home fans should still be able to use boots if they wish.

Best solution to the matter. Worth getting that idea across to the club. They wont listen before anything is built as there is nowhere to put the away fans.

(yes i can not spell for anyone who does see a mistake :lol: )
Parry
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Parry »

I agree with most of what you said apart from the "they wont listen before anything is built" bit. Perhaps you mean they won't move us into the away end before the new stand is built. My point is that now is the time to raise the issue with the club, before anything has been built.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Brett, you kind of answered your own suggestion to the problem.

The exit currently used by those at the far end of the Pop would be used by the same section of the Pop, it'll just be away fans going through there instead of home fans.

Perhaps a better solution might be to give us a section of the away end. The half closest to the Pop for home fans and the half closest to the Grandstand for away fans with a section of the new Grandstand for those away fans that want to sit. It might just be the best answer all round in my opinion.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

That is what i meant parry, i never make sence.

For some reason i forgot that there would be no home fans at the far end. So there wouldnt be a problem there. I just cant see anything changing inless there is a new stand in place.

Was thinking quite a few teams in the FL like bournmouth put the away fans in a corner of the ground. Would mean a big part of the pop would be taken for away fans. Seriously thinking about it, it could work. Would make the ground feel more full depending on how many away fans again.

But being the home team wouldnt we want the best place to generate noise. Worth looking into it.
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

I was thinking the same as SG. Give the away fans a quarter of the away end closest to the grandstand, and then the standing space on the corner and some seating in the grandstand. They can then still use the normal turnstyles as they do now.

As you are looking at the away end, put some form of seperation in enough to allow us to stand directly behind the goal and take over the rest of the away end. We can use the popside still, and for those wanting a beer you can still march up the popside.

The club could use scaffolding to seperate the 2 sets of fans and have some material put down (like they do at most clubs now) to give a 20ft gab or something???? We may need 1 or 2 more stewards down there, but other than that (as we proved on Saturday) the banter was in good nature and it was almost like the TUFC away games with the 2nd half being non stop singing.
Parry
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Parry »

Will you be coming down towards the away end more often? It was a laugh.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Parry wrote:Will you be coming down towards the away end more often? It was a laugh.
If not, move yourself up to the half way line :-D
Formerly known as forevertufc