All we are saying, is give us the awayend!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

Trojan 67 wrote:Length v girth, oops :Oops: I mean width.
As it is, it's length AND width.
Surely length and depth in this instance? ;-)
Trojan 67 wrote:The gap in the Popside doesn't help continuity when the middle starts the "roar". When the whole of the Popside is in unison it out chants the away end every time. I know, I've been in the enclosure in the past and heard it.
I know where you are coming from with that. I can also remember the popside being very loud when standing in the enclosure in the past. I dont think that hole in the middle helps either. I was hoping the drumming would help keep people chanting in time (and the same one) but it seems not to have that effect. I still think it's because the singers are too spread out. Perhaps there should be a cordoned off area by the the halfway line of about 1/4 of the popside, make it singers only and anyone that doesnt sing or sings the wrong chant or cant keep time can be ejected by Dave or jabbed by Pauls sticks until they sing correctly? :lol: :lol:
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Height/width/depth. All meaningless.

The issue hear is noise (volume).

Now someone please tell me what height/width/depth has to do with volume (noise) ;-) .
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Trojan 67 wrote: Now someone please tell me what height/width/depth has to do with volume (noise) ;-) .
:lol:

As we're on this neverending slope of sexual innuendos, it's not the size of the boat, it's the motion in the ocean. In other words, if the acoustics are cr*p, shout louder!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Parry
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Parry »

It's much easier to get everyone singing in unison in the away end. I really hope that in our inevitable derby(s?) next season we create a better atmosphere than what we did against exeter in the playoffs (home and away). As a short term fix it probably just equates to more people joining in and everyone singing louder.
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

Trojan - Not sure what they roof materials are made of, but they are both totally different design.

The popside has a upside down V shape where as the awayend is just a one angled / shape.
I can't be @rsed to go and get the plans I am only going from memory, so I apologise now if I am wrong.

Either way, I want to go back in the away end, it was more fun and sounded louder :lol: :na: :scarf: