Stewarding

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Stewarding

Post by Dave »

I have been an outspoken critic of our stewards over a number of season's,for there jobsworth,heavy handed approach ,and over all lack of common sense,at times i have felt they have wound up home fans just to try and create some action.

This season however i have to admit as a group the stewards have been pretty good,they have aplied common sense when needed,had a laugh with the fans at times,and only got involved when needed,apparently there has only been two complaints leveled against our stewards all season,which backs up the all round improvement.

So why,oh why would the club want to make a change to the current stewarding set up,which appear's to be up in the air,and also it maybe the case that one of our director's even favours bringing back the Plymouth security company into the home end's.

I just do not get this,the behaviour of our fans has been fantastic this season,it allways is,so why do we need marshaling by those who think they are in the 'riot police'.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I've heard it's Bill Phillips that came up with that idiotic idea. The stewards seem to be much better than the rent a mob lot from Plymouth.......even if they did accuse me of being a Port Vale fan yesterday as I was about to enter the Popside. Common sense prevailed and I was soon on my way through the entrance.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Why would they even consider bringing back the Plymouth stewards, love to know the thinking behind that.

Tough economic times, crowds falling, "I know lets bring back the stewards that used to cheer when the opposition scored, that won't cause trouble when Argyle come to town"

In my book they were a riot waiting to happen. Got to be a no brainer.

For the record, I too believe the current ones have been the best for a long time.
popsider
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Billy Kee

Post by popsider »

Have to agree, there have been some 'iffy' stewarding at Plainmoor in recent seasons, but the crop we've got at the minute, especially on the popside seem to do a job, but don't look for a fight/argument that some did in the past.
Torquay United. Today, Tomorrow, forever.
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

popsider wrote:Have to agree, there have been some 'iffy' stewarding at Plainmoor in recent seasons, but the crop we've got at the minute, especially on the popside seem to do a job, but don't look for a fight/argument that some did in the past.
Unlike those at Cheltenham who kept kicking people out for being a fire hazard.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :na:
popsider
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by popsider »

Awayday wrote: Unlike those at Cheltenham who kept kicking people out for being a fire hazard.
:lol: :lol:

On the plus side, I had a nice view in the pub. Nice addition to the bank. :clown:
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

Awayday wrote: Unlike those at Cheltenham who kept kicking people out for being a fire hazard.
and the knobheads at swindon who seemed hellbent on killing the atmosphere and insisting on raised hands before anyone could stand up and leave for a potty break.

you always get one or two that feel they have the right to behave like bouncers just looking for an excuse to throw someone out for looking at them a bit funny. too must testosterone and lack of a decent sex life, but then again, most have a face only a mother could love, so no surprise really.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

They were very friendly to me when I had to "remonstrate" with a fan who refused to sit down in front of my line of vision ;-)
Dave

popsider
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by popsider »

Southampton Gull wrote:They were very friendly to me when I had to "remonstrate" with a fan who refused to sit down in front of my line of vision ;-)
Dave you're a thug. ;-)
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Southampton Gull wrote:They were very friendly to me when I had to "remonstrate" with a fan who refused to sit down in front of my line of vision ;-)
You SG did it in the era of common sense amongst seriously difficult "customers". This SIA "qualified" politically correct indoctrinated bunch of limp dicks have no idea and a single confrontation with a serious customer with attitude will result in goodbye to their stewarding days forever.

Edit : no by jove, SG is an educated, intelligent, ugly thug (retired). :clap: :bow: :clap:
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"