important dates for next season

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

important dates for next season

Post by bixieupnorth »

its never too early to start planning for next season in my eyes!! this page contains some crucial diary dates for the 2011/12 season where we'll hopefully be fighting for 3rd division mid table mediocrity!!

http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/K ... 19,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

scroll down for next season
still keeping the faith
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

I don't know about League 1 mid-table mediocrity I'd just be happy with 20th making it the first season since 1966 that we haven't come straight down again after getting promoted to that division.

Seems a very late start to the season in 2012/2013. Probably because of the World Cup although they may be planning too far ahead as we probably won't be in it. Still if we go on a bit of a roll next season I suppose the late start will give us more time to prepare for our first ever season in the Championship!! ;-)
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Haha, I was just going to say the season starts late for 12/13, but I think you have hit the nail on the head there Stefano, except it's the Euros, not the World Cup.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by stefano »

NickGull wrote:Haha, I was just going to say the season starts late for 12/13, but I think you have hit the nail on the head there Stefano, except it's the Euros, not the World Cup.
Yes you are of course right it's just that as you get older time passes so much quicker and it's hard to keep track of what's coming up next!! :) I suppose the late start will also give AFC Argyle more time to prepare their Harpers Park ground for their first season in the South West Peninsula League as they start their long climb back up the pyramid!! ;-)
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Haha! I wouldn't like to see that happen though! Should we stay down here, we need some local games so them, Swindon, Brizzle Rovers and Walsall to come down.

It's a shame Yeovil sorted themselves out, really.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by stefano »

I agree I wouldn't really want to see Argyle fold but having lived in Ivybridge for the last 21 years and been surrounded by green shirts when they are doing well as well as having to put up with the constant jibes when they were three leagues above us not so long ago, it seems like a bit of poetic justice to see their present predicament. Needless to say I haven't seen a green shirt in Ivybridge for ages ... but I know who they all are!! ;-)
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

glad you started posting stefano mate, nice place to be isnt it??
still keeping the faith
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by stefano »

bixieupnorth wrote:glad you started posting stefano mate, nice place to be isnt it??
Of course it is as it's frequented by Torquay United supporters ... which is what makes visiting Plainmoor such a pleasant experience! :~D
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

stefano wrote: Of course it is as it's frequented by Torquay United supporters ... which is what makes visiting Plainmoor such a pleasant experience! :~D
Where do you stand Stef and are you going tomorrow?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

ferrarilover wrote: Where do you stand Stef and are you going tomorrow?

Matt.
As I was an Ellacombe Ender (like stefano) during the Cowshed/Mini Stand era, I'll have a calculated guess and say he stands on the Popside as I do, as those who can still stand upright do do. :-D
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Oh and on the subject of important dates next season, that particular future will happen soon enough in it's own time.

We have enough crucial dates this season first, starting tomorrow against Port Vale.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Well, yes, Troj, I'm sure Mr Argentina does stand on the Pop, but the Pop is 120 yards long, I was hoping for something a little more specific, such that perhaps we might come across one another. Louis, it is for occasions exactly similar to this that we need a facepalm smilie.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by stefano »

ferrarilover wrote:Well, yes, Troj, I'm sure Mr Argentina does stand on the Pop, but the Pop is 120 yards long, I was hoping for something a little more specific, such that perhaps we might come across one another. Louis, it is for occasions exactly similar to this that we need a facepalm smilie.

Matt.
Hello Matt Ferrari and Trojan have just seen this and am just about to head off out so apologies for the rushed replies and apologies in advance for any typos as my arthritic fingures skim across the keyboard! Today is a different sort of day for me as I am attending with two Port Vale fans who live near me in Ivybridge and we will be calling in at the Tuckers Maltings Beer Festival in Newton Abbot on the way. I do not know where I will stand today and am not wearing colours as they are trying to persuade me to stand in the Away End, which if I go for it will feel really strange.

Last year they stood in the Away End towards the Popside and I went on the Popside towards the Away End so that we could gesticulate to each other. I think a steward was getting the wrong impression though so after we went a goal down I moved further along the Popside. They had the bragging rights last year with a 2-1 win but the best we could offer then was Big Bad Mo lumbering aimlessly around, we are a different proposition this year and I fancy 3-0 today.

Trojan is partly right in that as a youngster I frequented the Cowshed / Ministand and these days will be on the Popside more than anywhere else. I am a bit unusual though in that I have not got a favourite spot and change from game to game. The last game against Lincoln I stood in the enclosure, I sometimes sit in the Family Stand, and 2 or 3 games out of every 5 I will be on the Popside but not in the same spot. I know most people do have a favourite spot and I have even been asked to move before in a crowd of less than 2000 because I was standing in someones position. Unbelievable! The only place I never watch from is the Grandstand as I am just not old enough yet! (sorry Brucie! ;-) ).

Next Friday I am anticipating a large crowd so intend to enter via the Gulls Nest before 2pm and get a Popside sticker to get past the gate steward. I then intend to stand in the first section on the right as you enter the Popside (albeit I will be approaching from the other direction) although that is if there is room. Although the Chesterfield game has been made all ticket I think a good win today could see a full house on Good Friday.

Let's hope so. Right must dash now as Doombar, Devil's Elbow, and Grenville's Renown are calling! :)
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

stefano wrote: Hello Matt Ferrari and Trojan have just seen this and am just about to head off out so apologies for the rushed replies and apologies in advance for any typos as my arthritic fingures skim across the keyboard! Today is a different sort of day for me as I am attending with two Port Vale fans who live near me in Ivybridge and we will be calling in at the Tuckers Maltings Beer Festival in Newton Abbot on the way. I do not know where I will stand today and am not wearing colours as they are trying to persuade me to stand in the Away End, which if I go for it will feel really strange.

Last year they stood in the Away End towards the Popside and I went on the Popside towards the Away End so that we could gesticulate to each other. I think a steward was getting the wrong impression though so after we went a goal down I moved further along the Popside. They had the bragging rights last year with a 2-1 win but the best we could offer then was Big Bad Mo lumbering aimlessly around, we are a different proposition this year and I fancy 3-0 today.

Trojan is partly right in that as a youngster I frequented the Cowshed / Ministand and these days will be on the Popside more than anywhere else. I am a bit unusual though in that I have not got a favourite spot and change from game to game. The last game against Lincoln I stood in the enclosure, I sometimes sit in the Family Stand, and 2 or 3 games out of every 5 I will be on the Popside but not in the same spot. I know most people do have a favourite spot and I have even been asked to move before in a crowd of less than 2000 because I was standing in someones position. Unbelievable! The only place I never watch from is the Grandstand as I am just not old enough yet! (sorry Brucie! ;-) ).

Next Friday I am anticipating a large crowd so intend to enter via the Gulls Nest before 2pm and get a Popside sticker to get past the gate steward. I then intend to stand in the first section on the right as you enter the Popside (albeit I will be approaching from the other direction) although that is if there is room. Although the Chesterfield game has been made all ticket I think a good win today could see a full house on Good Friday.

Let's hope so. Right must dash now as Doombar, Devil's Elbow, and Grenville's Renown are calling! :)
P*ss artists are banned from this forum. :red:

However, professional social drinkers are most welcome. :clap: