Port Vale players in a spot of bother!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
CP Gull

Port Vale players in a spot of bother!

Post by CP Gull »

It seems as though a couple of their players are "in the clink" after a night out last night ! Not only that, but the "other"player is rumoured to be with another of our promotion rivals who we play soon too (and was once rumoured to be a target of ours).

Not exactly ideal preparation for what may amount to a last chance at a stab at the play offs for their squad on Saturday, I wouldn't have thought.

http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/fo ... ticle.html

I guess they must have to employ a full time PR man at PVFC as they seem to be forever putting out "Club Statements" and carrying out official investigations! Most recently we have had the Manager (now ex Manager,Gannon) and Coach (Horsfield) having a bust up on the coach and both ending up leaving the bus en route to a match and then there was the alleged racial abuse of one of their own players (Geohaghan) by their travelling fans - he is apparently considering sueing them.

It's fair to say that they have had quite an eventful season at PVFC - on and off the field!
Last edited by CP Gull on 13 Apr 2011, 15:54, edited 1 time in total.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Linked it in the match thread.

I've heard Tomlinson, Roberts, M Richards with the other one being Pope.
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

:P Woo hoo! It takes something to get arrested in a town centre of a place that doesn't exist!
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

NickGull wrote:Linked it in the match thread.

I've heard Tomlinson, Roberts, M Richards with the other one being Pope.
Ah yes, sorry Nick hadn't spotted that.

Looking at the Port Vale forum they now seem to think that Pope (Rotherham, ex PV loanee), Roberts (been sacked by a number of clubs for off field problems incl Yeovil and Rotherham) and possibly Collins are the players involved - based on the ages and places they are living - but clearly just speculation at this stage as to their actual identities.

If their names aren't released before, I would imagine we might be given a little clue as to their identity in the squad that travels down here as I would be very surprised if either of the two players involved (whether innocent or not) travel down here as being locked up in the cells overnight is hardly ideal preparation for a massive game on Saturday!
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Lets hope it's Richards, he could deal some damage.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

I would imagine that if they are important players, and the judicial system allows, they'll travel as normal. If Vale still think they have a chance of the Play-Offs (which i'm sure they do), i doubt they'll make a grand gesture of leaving out two first 11 players. Play them, and 'punish' them another way. Football is not a moral game anymore.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Fonda wrote:I would imagine that if they are important players, and the judicial system allows, they'll travel as normal. If Vale still think they have a chance of the Play-Offs (which i'm sure they do), i doubt they'll make a grand gesture of leaving out two first 11 players. Play them, and 'punish' them another way. Football is not a moral game anymore.

Yep, I concur.

We're hardly in a position to gloat either, not after Zebs and Branno were involved in their own version of car park catch-affrays ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Unfortunately for Gary Roberts, they finger is immediately going to be pointed at him. I believe he is from Merseyside so the Chester address would tie up, and of course he has been on the wrong side of the law before. It may not be him, but mud sticks.

Its another pantomime story in a wretched season for Vale. Decent squad of players, touted pre-season but from the moment Mickey Adams went (to a nightmare scenario at his beloved club) they've gone downhill rapidly. The Gannon/Horsefield issue was just ridiculous.

But a note of caution to ourselves. I believe Vale won that game at Aldershot after the Gannon/Horsefield bust up, so they do have form for galvanising in the face of adversity. They do have a solid squad so we will need to be on the top of our game. Hopefully for us the lads who have been naughty will be either unavailable for the weekend due to bail restrictions or something, or will be worse off for having missed training due to their time with the old bill
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Southampton Gull wrote:
Yep, I concur.

We're hardly in a position to gloat either, not after Zebs and Branno were involved in their own version of car park catch-affrays ;-)

Bloody hell :O
:rofl:
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Don't be so bemused, Ems, I used it earlier and his nurse has read it to him.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Regards your point about Roberts, Jeff, it seems that Tom Pope is the name in the frame for the loanee involved. According to the (very long) thread on their forum, he has been in trouble with the five-oh before, and another conviction will mean porridge.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

ferrarilover wrote:Don't be so bemused, Ems, I used it earlier and his nurse has read it to him.

Matt.
Matt,

I think she was shocked at the fact that Dave and Shane were agreeing with each other rather than the fact that Dave used the word "concur"

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

scottbrehaut wrote: Matt,

I think she was shocked at the fact that Dave and Shane were agreeing with each other rather than the fact that Dave used the word "concur"
I read it that way also. :nod:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Scott, you are correct. :)
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

As did I. I was wondering what you were on about, Matt...

Weirdo. ;-)