Torquay Trip

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Vale Fan In Peace
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Leon Constantine

Torquay Trip

Post by Vale Fan In Peace »

Good Morning Folks,

Firstly can I say congratulations on a very succesful season, I hope you can push on a nd claim an automatic promotion place so that we can nip in and nick it in the Play Offs (Im not drunk just llike to dream every now and again)

Secondly, me and 5 of my mates are coming down for a weekend of sport. We are going to the game then looking for a decent pub that is likeley to be showing the FA Cup Semi Final, followed by the Amir Khan fight and finally the Real Madrid v Barca game. Is there such a place in the town? Any reccommendations will be gratefully recieved.

Finally may I apologise in advance for our "mutant" following. They are the minority, however they are bound to leave there mark so I will get my apologies in early.

Many Thanks

Nick
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Mutant following? - Is that a nickname for your 'firm'?
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

There's a sky sports 3D pub right near plainmoor- I forget the name of it though. It's along the same side as the plainmoor chip shop.
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Just looked on the 3d pub finder and details are here:

Molloys Hotel

20 Fore Street
St Marychurch
Torquay
Devon
TQ1 4LY
Tel: 01803 311825
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Richinns wrote:Mutant following? - Is that a nickname for your 'firm'?
Not quite a firm, just a bunch of idiots who travel to Vale away games with the intent of causing trouble. In a way, I'm glad their season has tailed off so that will have put a fair few of them off coming down.

Can't recall really seeing any violence around Plainmoor before, so wouldn't want it to start with a few Vale planks.
Vale Fan In Peace
New Signing
New Signing

Unfortunately our "Mutant" fringe like to call themselves the VLF. They will head for the nearest Weatherspoons and shout there mouths off at all and sundry. As you say a lot will be put off as we are a sinking ship at the moment if we were still in the mix it would have been a nightmare. A lot of the normal Vale fans had this match earmarked the day the fixtures were published, nice trip to the seaside and all that.

Is there any pubs in the town that would be showing all the sport OR where is the best places to attend for a good night out for 6 30+ men.
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

Please don't come on here asking for the best place for 6 men to go for a good night, Matt will appear with his home address ;-)
SantaCruzScotty
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kee

Post by SantaCruzScotty »

Awayday wrote:Please don't come on here asking for the best place for 6 men to go for a good night, Matt will appear with his home address ;-)
Or what was it?
Platform 3 on newton abbot station with three bottles of lemonade and a bowler hat?
Lmao!
Torquay Till I Die!
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

For the record, you say Madrid play Barca while you're down - I assume thats in the league?
northyorkshiregull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: benyon

Post by northyorkshiregull »

try Applebys on the sea front,its at the Heritage hotel next to the premier inn.Nice large patio if its good weather and they have plenty of big screens inside showing sport
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

Awayday wrote:Please don't come on here asking for the best place for 6 men to go for a good night, Matt will appear with his home address ;-)
Or invite them along to the Blue Oyster Bar :)
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

He doesn't need rohypnol, he will just bore them into a coma about his orange go faster stripes and how many horses his car has.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Sorry Paul, I'm busy with your wife/mum/sister that night.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Vale Fan In Peace
New Signing
New Signing

Molloys or Applebys, thanks gents, good luck for the rest of the season after Saturday.

On a side note perhaps its not our fans i should be worried about causing trouble, looks like our players do a good enough job of that as it is!!
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Vale Fan In Peace wrote:Molloys or Applebys, thanks gents, good luck for the rest of the season after Saturday.

On a side note perhaps its not our fans i should be worried about causing trouble, looks like our players do a good enough job of that as it is!!
Don't worry, here at Torquay, we like to make sure security is our top priority. Therefore, we'll just put all the beefiest, rudest and arrogant Stewards in the away end and have some police at the side of the pitch just in case you loutish scum cause any trouble! :lol:
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"