Player of the season!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
GirlOnATerrace
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Player of the season!

Post by GirlOnATerrace »

It is that time of the season again where we have to pick a player of the season. I think this year has been the hardest to choose. (well for me it has)

http://www.torquayunited.com/page/News/ ... 43,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Therefore who do you believe should be worthy of the title.

Allthough there is only one winner they do a top three, who do you think the top three should/could be.

Mine would have to be;

1) Chris Zebroski
2) Lee Mansell
3) Guy Branston
Last edited by GirlOnATerrace on 20 Apr 2011, 18:34, edited 3 times in total.
mcgull1
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodny Jack Jack Jack

Post by mcgull1 »

1. Zebs
2. Branno
3. Stanley
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

1-Zebs
2-Branners
3-Manse
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

Branston
Mansell
Zebs
The gulls are going up
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

1. Branston
Robinson
Stanley
robc
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by robc »

Zebs
Nicho
Manse
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Eerm, I might well be wrong, but I thought we were choosing our POTS this year based on the MOTM stats provided by Gulli?

If not, then so be it, but that would seem a good way of doing it.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Mav
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by Mav »

ferrarilover wrote:Eerm, I might well be wrong, but I thought we were choosing our POTS this year based on the MOTM stats provided by Gulli?

If not, then so be it, but that would seem a good way of doing it.

Matt.
I think you will find that the OP is just asking the question in general, as for the voting thing you have done on here, that only has any real substance for those who wished to vote. I have in mind who I will vote for and it may well not tally with the list on here. It's all about personal choice
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

its a shame stanley and jake have only been here a few short weeks as they'd def both be in my top 3, but i'm trying to think about the whole season, branston has been superb apart from his two game meltdown much earlier in the season, his two goals recently and his permission to come up for free kicks and corners have only added to my respect of him.

zebs has put his off pitch problems behind him and is a worthy contender except for these stupid bookings he keeps picking up, but his goals and all round work rate have been superb

i think young eunan will be getting my vote tho
still keeping the faith
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Zebroski, without a shadow of doubt for me. Followed by Branston and Nicholson.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Zebs
Branston
Bevan
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
shaunicus
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: O'Kane

Post by shaunicus »

Thought about this last night and I'm torn between Branston and Zebs. Realistically it can't be anyone else in terms of consistency, effort and overall quality.

I'd probably go for Branston because I honestly think we'd be nowhere near the playoff spots without him. Zebs a close second, and Nicho for third.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

For me i think Branston has been the outstanding performer all season .

Zebroski has been an important player for us no doubt,had one to many games where he has not be quite on it in my opinion,and whilst Stanley has had a massive impact he has not been with us long enough.

I do feel i must point out one player who has not had enough credit,for his full blooded never say die attitude all season has been Lee mansell.

One player who seem's to missed all together and will be in my top 3 is Nicho,he has like Branno been outstanding all season,can not remember a single game where he has put a foot wrong at left back,and rarely had a game where his distrubution ,and ball's into the box,or corner taking have let him down,feel quite sad for Nicho,that he has had no where near the recognition for us the fan's that he has deserved.
Formerly known as forevertufc
A J
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by A J »

1. Guy Branston
2. Chris Zebroski
3. Kevin Nicholson
Bigman
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Bigman »

Branston's great when he sticks to the basics, Manse is Mr Dependable and I love his passion for the game and the club, Nicho has created countless goals and been solid at the back, O'Kane can make the game look so easy and has a great future, Lathrope's looked like a first teamer since he came on at Bury, Robinson's given us an extra dimension going forward - basically I could put forward a case for most of our regulars to be in contention for this award, and I think they all deserve recognition.

However, if I'm to pick just one player, based on the 10 games I've seen this season (plus reports/highlights) it's got to be Zebs - his work rate is immense, he's constantly dangerous, and he scores goals.

Stanley has been brilliant in the time he's been here, and hopefully he'll be a top contender for the honour next season, but in a season that's been successful pretty much consistently, I don't think we should pick a player who's only been around for half of it. Last year was different in that we were struggling and Guy came in and made a real difference, while I think Stanley's arrival has allowed us to carry on the way we were going without a drop in quality. This is in no way downplaying Stanley's impact, I have no doubt we wouldn't be where we are without him, but I think someone who has contributed to the whole season deserves the award, as the whole season has been a success. If I didn't go on this basis Benyon would also be a top contender.

Sorry to have gone on a bit there, I just wanted to get my point across and not seem as though I don't rate Craig Stanley.