SCOUTING TALENT

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

SCOUTING TALENT

Post by usagullmichigan »

So we seem to be on our normal run again of winning eff all. We are not scoring goals. I said earlier in the year that we should be scouting affordable talent in the non-leagues. I mentioned Craig Reid at Newport and somebody said he is unproven now he is banging goals in for fun in the BSP. Six months ago we probably could of got him for 25-50 grand now he is probably worth 70-100 grand. Why do we never search and un-earth this talent? Its frustrating really.
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

We always seem to scout higher league clubs or young players for our new CoE. This is a good point you make though. When did we last sign a low non league player?
Mav
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by Mav »

Is John Miltons role at the club that of a scout?

Be interested to know if thats the case how many gems he has unearthed whilst busy scouting games on a saturday!
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

Mav wrote:Is John Miltons role at the club that of a scout?

Be interested to know if thats the case how many gems he has unearthed whilst busy scouting games on a saturday!
Don't forget though, it was only until recently that Buckle's & Milton's hands were tied with Colin Lee making all the decisions on their behalf......
John has a great reputation in the South West as being a great scout, I am sure there are many irons in the pipeline, but will have to see how much damamge CL is going to leave us in with his pay off.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

usagullmichigan wrote:So we seem to be on our normal run again of winning eff all. We are not scoring goals. I said earlier in the year that we should be scouting affordable talent in the non-leagues. I mentioned Craig Reid at Newport and somebody said he is unproven now he is banging goals in for fun in the BSP. Six months ago we probably could of got him for 25-50 grand now he is probably worth 70-100 grand. Why do we never search and un-earth this talent? Its frustrating really.
That's still quite a tidy sum. And at the time we could (potentially) have got him for that, we signed Billy Kee - a player with League pedigree, for nothing. He's not set the world alight yet, but lets give him some time before writing him off completely.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."