Torquay Fans Be Proud

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Torquay Fans Be Proud

Post by Awayday »

SG and I went to the Southampton v Charlton game last night. We decided to go and stand with the noisey lot (unlike us I know) to soak in a bit of their promotional run atmosphere....... it was sh!te.

Yes they sang the usual songs, but there was no passion, no feeling. It is hard to explain without you guys being there.

It was =Z red army =Z rather than :scarf: :clap: YELLOW ARMY!!!!! :clap: :scarf:

We did sing all the songs with the words of Torquay chants but they didn't really catch on.

Anyway just wanted to say how much better our contingent are compared to a much bigger club who are closer to automatic promotion when it comes to singing.

Also when we played there for the tin foil cup we must have taken 300 / 400 fans, Charlton only took 100 if that.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Yes, agree with that. Totally shocking how they don't know the words to the Zebroski chant let alone "Stand Up If You Love Torquay".

My favourite chant of the evening though just had to be:

"He steals from the skates,

He steals from the skates,

Bradley Wright-Phillips,

He steals from the skates,"

Quality !!

Charlton fans be EMBARRASSED, truly woeful turnout for a London club, mind you, their team were equally as bad and Saints could have won by 5 or 6.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
dazgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jean-Pierre Simb

Post by dazgull »

We had over 500 for the tin paint cup last season so Charltons support is utter crap. To show how poor their away support is just look at this last saturday:

Oldham v Charlton .......a massive 183 from London. I say London but I bet most of them were exiles living up north. Wonder how many actually went there and back in a day????????

Bradford v Torquay ....... 211 Gulls fans. Yes i know we have a few exiles too but still took more there in a day then what Charlton did.

Bradford is 300 miles from Torquay so a 600 mile round trip, whilst Oldham can only be around 200 from the Valley.