Buckles Polarised Teams

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Call me Dave
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Buckles Polarised Teams

Post by Call me Dave »

My first post here....Has anyone got any theories as to why Paul Buckles time at Torquay, has in every season (even when we got promoted) been characterised by long periods of good results followed by polar opposite periods of bad results? Seldom do we get a series of mixed bag results.

During the terrific end of last season / start of this season, I always felt that the key to judging Buckles progress, would be how his team reacted to the first reverse ,at the end of the run.

As we stand here and now, four poor results in - his team is playing, as on previous occasions, the polar opposite of the way they were.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Ah, Mr Buckle, finally, you have seen the light and come to the dotnet massive (do kids still say that?) for the guidance you need.

K.I.S.S, 4-4-2.

In a more serious attempt to answer your question, Dave, I haven't a clue. I would suggest that it has something to do with the fact that we seem to do the same thing during games. Saturday is a prime example, the first 20 mintues, Macclesfield didn't even know the match had started, they didn't know where the ball was at times, they were totally and utterly bamboozled. It was some of the best football I have seen at Plainmoor for ages. Fast forward to the second half and it was as it the players out there had never even heard of the game of football, they went from sublime to ridiculous in a matter of 25 minutes.

It seems to me that (she lived her life, like a candle in the wind) that either the manager or the players blink far too soon and panic and change the formation and the way they play if they're not winning 6-0 after 5 minutes. Is it only the fans in the ground who can see that if we are ripping a team to shreads and they go ahead through a lucky goal (a la Saturday) we should continue to play the way we were before the goal and run them ragged again?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"