Paul Buckles Head

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Paul Buckles Head

Post by yellow »

Has the champagne from the manager of the month award gone to Buckles head?

Ever since he received the magnum and went on his trip to Old Trafford he has tinkered with formations as if he was Sir Alex Ferguson.

He has received media attention, but it is always dangerous to believe your own publicity Paul.

And particularly so with the absence of Mark Ellis and the continuing poor form of the un-droppable Nicky Woeful. The haul of 2 points out of twelve is reminiscent of far too much of last season.

Perhaps he was better off with the less alcoholic fizz from the TFF presentation made by Joe Barlow.

Back to basics methinks....whilst continuing the search for a decent striker and a creative midfielder.
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)
nananana
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Micky Cave

Post by nananana »

Rumours elsewhere say we are bringing in another striker...I just wish he would hurry up! :(
It's a sobering thought, but in a hundred years or less, every person that uses this site will be dead!
manchestergulls
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: alex russell

Post by manchestergulls »

could not agree more, we need back to 4 4 2 and fast.........
http://www.facebook/manchestergulls" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
follow me on twitter @manchestergull
take me home to place where i belong, down at plainmoor to see united, take me home the torquay road.........
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

bucks has never realised that footballs a simple game.

thats the problem.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Simple football, 4-4-2, drop Wroe, win games, done!
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Can't disagree with any of that. I should also offer my own apologies, because since i offered Bucks plenty of praise in my previous blog, it's all gone pear-shaped. It does look for all the world as if we've started 'believing the hype'. Be that the manager or the players or both. We've had the focus of some media attention this season, and i'm afraid it appears to have gone to our collective heads. We have a manager that seems desperate to make the most of his moment in the sun, by trying all kinds of fancy things, when initially it was a simple system that had paid dividends. And on the pitch we suddenly have players that have forgotten that without hard work, we'll get nothing. I think before the next game, we need to add a dash of reality to the proceedings. We're a reasonable League 2 side, and over-complicating things isn't destined to pay dividends. Get back to a simple system and put a proper shift in in terms of work- rate, and things will come good again. As for the captain - that arm-band really is weighing him down. He's getting worse as every game goes by. Give someone else the responsibility, because when we needed a leader yesterday, he was missing again.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

You maybe right about the captain's armband but based on the alternatives we would miss Wroe. By the way he wasn't the worst central midefielder for us yesterday.
TUST number 080
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

Lloyder5 wrote:You maybe right about the captain's armband but based on the alternatives we would miss Wroe. By the way he wasn't the worst central midefielder for us yesterday.
I don't personally think we have the options in midfield to be able to consider dropping him. But he should never be captain, because he simply isn't a leader.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
BlueYellow
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by BlueYellow »

Right, we are going through a bad spell at the moment, dont get on the players, manager or clubs back and see them through this bad patch. The manager of the month is not a curse, its a case of over confidence, which I agree with what some people are saying. Hopefully Bucks will see that 4-5-1 doesnt work and at least we have a game upcoming on tuesday to get things back on track. We will get through it and I wouldn't be surprised to see a striker arriving soon.

Keep the faith
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

BlueYellow wrote:Right, we are going through a bad spell at the moment, dont get on the players, manager or clubs back and see them through this bad patch. The manager of the month is not a curse, its a case of over confidence, which I agree with what some people are saying. Hopefully Bucks will see that 4-5-1 doesnt work and at least we have a game upcoming on tuesday to get things back on track. We will get through it and I wouldn't be surprised to see a striker arriving soon.

Keep the faith
I wonder if the Accrington game ought to have been enough to realise that the 4-5-1 isn't an effective attacking formation? And perhaps the Stevenage game could have confirmed that for him?

We appeared to start 4-4-2 yesterday, created 3 decent chances in the first 10 minutes, fell behind to a sucker punch and then decided to resort to 4-5-1. It's unecessarily cautious.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Lloyder5 wrote:You maybe right about the captain's armband but based on the alternatives we would miss Wroe. By the way he wasn't the worst central midefielder for us yesterday.
I don't know if you are sleeping with Nicky's daughter or somesuch, but you fevered defence of useless Nicky Wroe is getting beyond a joke.

I'm going to say this slowly so you can understand.

E u n a n O ' K a n e.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Fonda wrote: I don't personally think we have the options in midfield to be able to consider dropping him. But he should never be captain, because he simply isn't a leader.
Shane,

You're normally so sensible, what has caused this blip of lunacy?

EUNAN O' KANE!

Matt.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

ferrarilover wrote: I don't know if you are sleeping with Nicky's daughter or somesuch, but you fevered defence of useless Nicky Wroe is getting beyond a joke.

I'm going to say this slowly so you can understand.

E u n a n O ' K a n e.

Matt.
You can say it as slowly as you like. I'm a great believer in the quality of Eunan O'Kane. But if he was played in centre-midfield, we'd be over-run every week. In this division, the centre of the pitch is a battle ground, and with the best will in the world, he's doesn't have the physicality to stand up to it.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

However Shane, Nicky Wroe gives away the ball almost every time he touches it. Eunan keeps the ball so well and can find a yellow shirt with a pass. Wroe is hopeless, utterly, utterly hopeless and he needs to be left out to force the armband to go to Pickles and to give us more quality in the midfield. There simply is no place on the pitch for a weak link and NW is that weak link.

Matt.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

I don't disagree with how poor Wroe has been. Or indeed how good O'Kane is. I'm just not convinced one is the natural sucessor to the other. I actually think Lathrope is the more natural selection if Wroe was to ever actually get (justifiably) dropped. I'm just not convinced Manse is strong enough to do all the defensive work on his own, and with Eunan alongside him, he'd pretty much have to.