Senda Debut

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Senda Debut

Post by Yellow4life »

So after being 'Bigged' up from the stadium announcer twice pre match what are your opinions on his debut?

My view...

-At fault for the first goal after he failed to SEND the pass in the right position.
-Runs like Camara
-Looked better at going forward than defending
-Was obvious he wasn't going to play the 90 today.
-needs match practise(understandable)
- I doubt he will start on Tuesday.

Overall an ok attacking performance but looked weak on the ball at the back and needs more match fitness.

Give him a chance though- you know how good Camara got! ;-)
YellowMurphy
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Saah

Post by YellowMurphy »

Was wrong decision to start him, clearly wasnt up to it physically. He clearly looks used to playing quick passes and keeping the ball on the deck, which we seen little of yesterday. It will take him a while to adapt to the way we play, and for him to cement his role within the team. He will turn out to be a good signing in the long run though, im sure.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Agree he looked good going forward but not so sure in defence.

However, for that I blame Robbo who played him into difficult positions especially when he gave the ball to Bensherrif for him to score the first goal.

Not match fit and so for that we must blame the manager.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Agree he looked good going forward but not so sure in defence.

However, for that I blame Robbo who played him into difficult positions especially when he gave the ball to Bensherrif for him to score the first goal.

Phil

Another marathon beckons!
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Agree with all. He looked promising going forward, but not at the back. Could be a good winger? I hope Bucks plays Charnock and Robbo back at RB on Tuesday. But it's only one game he's had, lets give him a chance.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

Modgull wrote:Agree he looked good going forward but not so sure in defence.

Agree with the above. Playing Senda over Charnock may have been about underestimating the opposition.
TUST number 080
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

I can't comment on Senda's performance as I didn't attend the game, but it was obviously his sloppy pass that led to the first goal. Buckle commented last week that he needed three reserve games to get match fit, so I'm not sure why he was thrown into the deep end when we had an alternative option. Which brings me to my next point...

...Charnock. He's waited patiently for a chance to break back into the team after doing very little wrong in the first place. Unfortunately for him, Ellis and Branston have formed an unbreakable partnership. But to remain glued to the bench despite Ellis being unavailable must be a huge kick in the teeth. I understand that both the Pickler and Charnock are left-footed, but that looked a better option than playing a half-fit Senda and shifting Robertson inside.

I'm hoping Charnock gets the nod on Tuesday if Ellis is still injured. If not, then he'll be off in January. And you couldn't blame him for wanting out.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Senda is an 'attacking' full-back. And with all due respect to Macclesfield, yesterday's game was an ideal time to blood him. Charnock was less then solid in the reserves on Tuesday too, so probably did himself little favours in that one.

With regards to his performance, he looked, as you'd probably expect, decent going forward but less solid than Robbo defensively. I'm afraid if you instruct a full-back to get forward at every opportunity, you are naturally going to be more stretched defensively than you would be if you had a full-back that didn't cross the half way line.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
silkman
Trialist
Trialist

Post by silkman »

Senda is an 'attacking' full-back. And with all due respect to Macclesfield, yesterday's game was an ideal time to blood him

Do you really think so now? :lol:
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Why not silkman? At home to a team who were in the bottom 3/4? Great time for a new signing to get some competitive match experience.

I would rather he get used to football in games like that than games away at Shrewsbury, for example.
BlueYellow
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by BlueYellow »

YellowMurphy wrote:Was wrong decision to start him, clearly wasnt up to it physically. He clearly looks used to playing quick passes and keeping the ball on the deck, which we seen little of yesterday. It will take him a while to adapt to the way we play, and for him to cement his role within the team. He will turn out to be a good signing in the long run though, im sure.
Murph, i actually agree with you for once!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

silkman wrote:Senda is an 'attacking' full-back. And with all due respect to Macclesfield, yesterday's game was an ideal time to blood him

Do you really think so now? :lol:
Well, since you'll be in the conference next year, we knew Saturday would be his last chance to play your rubbish at Plainmoor. :lol:

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

I did wonder, on Saturday, whether this is testing the water with Senda at RB and Robbo back in the middle in case Ellis goes in January...let's face it, when Ellis is fit, he will go straight back into the team, so this was a chance to see how that worked out.
beermonster
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by beermonster »

ferrarilover wrote: Well, since you'll be in the conference next year, we knew Saturday would be his last chance to play your rubbish at Plainmoor. :lol:

Matt.

I think there is worse in this League than us. Plus wehave plyed 5 of the top 7 including all of the top 3.