Don't tell me

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
silkman
Trialist
Trialist

Don't tell me

Post by silkman »

It was your worst game for ages, you were rubbish, macc were crap. torquay should have won, macc shouldn't have. we have heard it all before, hang on forgot this one, If we are to get promotion we should be beating teams like macc Town? Move on lads you lost we won, look forward to soccer am next week, talk yourself out of that one "Hells Bells" Tee Hee.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

to be honest hear,this is torquay united message board ,and as such tufc fans do have right to express there opinions on the game,however insulting they may seem to your club.

which again being honest i do not think that to be the case,as much of the flack is being aimed at our manager,many have been full of praise for your first goal,which despite coming from a mistake from our team,was one hell of strike,talking to people i was at the game with,we all agreed it was largely down to our own mistakes,and your teams good finishing that lead to this result,as you say you won,we lost,i have no problem with that,as your team deserved it.

it is just something that fans of maccelsfield and torquay have to put up with ,we are very small clubs,and when the likes of us pick up good results,there will allways be an element of we should be winning against the likes of them.

best of luck,and enjoy the ride :)
Formerly known as forevertufc
BlueYellow
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by BlueYellow »

These things happen, we lost, get over it
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Dear Silkman,

Contrary to some fans websites we do here recognise when we have been fairly beaten and yesterday was an example. You were fortunate to go in level at half time but we didn't creat anything meaningful in the second half and all three of your goals were quality strikes for a deserved win.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
eastyorksgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: BRANSTON

Post by eastyorksgull »

hey silkman lets have this conversation at end of season see where you are then so stop bein a removed and sort yourself out yeah you beat us we can live that am so looking forward to seeing you at your hole in march see what you got to say then sunshine look forward to meeting you personally

Note from Louis: Please refrain from swearing like that, this site is viewed by children.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

silkman wrote:It was your worst game for ages,
To be fair, thats true.
silkman wrote: you were rubbish
As is that.
, macc were crap
You weren't anything special; just such a shame that we were worse on the day, and you took your (3, only 3) breakaway goals.

Anyway, best team won on the day, although I feel 3-1 was a tad flattering for you. But still, well done, fair play to your 60 or so fans who made the journey down, looked like they enjoyed themselves.

Hopefully this will give us a kick up the ass and we'll go back to 4-4-2 and start playing like we did in August.
Northumbergull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Watson
Location: Widdrington Station, Northumberland (hence the monicker)

Post by Northumbergull »

Well said, guys, particularly the bit about us BOTH being small clubs and expecting to beat each other.

Big time Charlies we are not. Realists with decades of yo-yoing up and down the same divison we are. :|

Cheers

Bruce
Northumberland Gulls, we drive south to all the games!
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

we've been there silkman.

we had some prat on from northampton saying they were going to whip our ar*e, and after we'd rinsed them all afternoon and stuffed them 3-0 he was nowhere

to be seen!

thats football. it was your day yesterday, next week you might get stuffed and we will win 4-0. you never know.

as i said on the match thread, we are two average teams who will beat each other and look up the table at the "bigger fish" having their own fun.

i think its fair to say though that we have less to worry about regarding relegation than you do.

all the best for the rest of the season, and see you at moss rose.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I doubt that we will win 4-0 next week though.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

brucie wrote:I doubt that we will win 4-0 next week though.
i did say might brucie............. :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

beermonster
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by beermonster »

We were not that good and had you scored first you would have won, We still have much work to do but this was an important 3 points. Performance wise, you gave it to us in the second half by simply disapearing from the game.
Chow Mein
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Bruno Meirelles

Post by Chow Mein »

5th Torquay 14 points

19th Macclesfield 8 points

All the best

:geek:
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

beermonster wrote:We were not that good and had you scored first you would have won, We still have much work to do but this was an important 3 points. Performance wise, you gave it to us in the second half by simply disapearing from the game.
A fair assesment of the game,like said above nothing aganst macc,wish your team all the best.
Formerly known as forevertufc
beermonster
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by beermonster »

Chow Mein wrote:5th Torquay 14 points

19th Macclesfield 8 points

All the best

:geek:
After 8 games :?

Your a good team and we stumbled across a win, it happens and no doubt you will return the favour at the Moss.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Posted at 10:06 pm, you'd think his bed time would have been earlier than that.

In fairness pal, that was the worst we have played in a long time, but that is our fault and nothing to do with the opposition. Your lot, for the period in which we played the way we can and should, didn't even know the match had started. We have no delusions of promotion this season, or next season or probably the season after that, but it's for sure that we are not nearly so concerned about the dreaded drop as you should be.
As for Soccer bloody AM, the sooner that show dies a graceful death (as it should have done the minute Tim Lovejoy went) the better for all concerned.

Good luck for the rest of the season, A) Having spent more years than we care to remember at the wrong end of division 4, we can all vouch for the fact that you're going to need all the luck you can get. B) I'm not sure quite why the animosity, to the best of my knowledge we have nothing bad in our collective history, so no reason to create something out of nothing.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"