Colin Lee pay-off. Will it cut our playing budget?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Colin Lee pay-off. Will it cut our playing budget?

Post by Southampton Gull »

I'm reliably informed that the Club have agreed a settlement with Colin Lee on a figure of over £100,000.

My main concern is will this cut drastically into our playing budget? It'll have to come from somewhere and I can't see where else they could save that amount of cash.

Colin Lee has made good money out of his position as CEO, but at what cost to the immediate future of the club? I sincerely hope Paul Buckle doesn't get his hands tied over this, being hamstrung when we're seemingly on the verge of having a side capable of challenging at the right end of League Two.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

If you mean playing budget as to adding to the squad it will affect it but do we really need to add?

I'm happy with what we've got at the minute, we have a squad capable of mid table in my opinion at the least. If we lose anyone in January we may then have to add- we could use the transfer money from any deals so that's not a problem.

At this moment we don't need to add- perhaps loan in a few though.
YellowMurphy
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Saah

Post by YellowMurphy »

Yeah, immediate promotion might not be the best option, lets not forget at one point last year in september/october, barnet were top of league 2. As for our playing budget, I dont think it will hamper it seriously.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

SouthamptonGull wrote:I'm reliably informed that the Club have agreed a settlement with Colin Lee on a figure of over £100,000.

My main concern is will this cut drastically into our playing budget? It'll have to come from somewhere and I can't see where else they could save that amount of cash.

Colin Lee has made good money out of his position as CEO, but at what cost to the immediate future of the club? I sincerely hope Paul Buckle doesn't get his hands tied over this, being hamstrung when we're seemingly on the verge of having a side capable of challenging at the right end of League Two.
Have you tried asking Southamptongull, he usually knows about this sort of thing...

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

SouthamptonGull wrote:I'm reliably informed that the Club have agreed a settlement with Colin Lee on a figure of over £100,000.

I thought Colin was on a 12 month rolling contract for considerably less than £100,000? (I'm sure it was posted on here that it was in the region of £60,000 basic with bonuses from our promotion making it up to the oft quoted £100,000)

If this was the case, then once we informed him that his services were no longer required he would surely only be entitled to 1 years salary.

Obviously, I am not privy to the finer details of his contract but this seems like an excessively large pay-off to me.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

ferrarilover wrote: Have you tried asking Southamptongull, he usually knows about this sort of thing...

Matt.

Don't ask me, I thought we last scored 5 against Kidderminster :) :)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

The money has got to come from some where. Lets hope Buckle isn't forced to sell in January to cover some of the costs.
Blurro
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Gritton

Post by Blurro »

Is this what Buckle was on about last night on Radio Devon? He said our playing budget had been signifcantly cut, and we will hear more about it this week.....