Sillsy back in the BSP

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
CP Gull

Sillsy back in the BSP

Post by CP Gull »

.... with Rushden and Diamonds on a three month loan. It doesn't say so but I would imagine it is with a view to a permanent switch in January if he does well there.

It must be frustrating for him personally that yet again he has played a part in getting a side promoted into the League (albeit nowhere near as significantly as he did for us) but is then given little chance to prove himself at that level. That said, in all honesty, I think the BSP is his level and no doubt he will do a good job at R&D and score goals. I wish him all the best - he was certainly a good servant to us.

http://www.thediamondsfc.com/page/NewsD ... 82,00.html
nananana
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Micky Cave

Post by nananana »

Allways liked Tim Sills. He had a few quiet patches with us ~goal wise~ but in general, he was a good striker!

I think his story can be summed up nicely by what someone on this site said after the Stevenage game!

"The best striker at the game was sat on the Stevenage bench!"
It's a sobering thought, but in a hundred years or less, every person that uses this site will be dead!
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Shame this. I wouldn't have minded seeing him back here if we were to play the 4-4-1-1 formation regularly.

Still... good luck to him. :)
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Gary Clayton

Post by jonnyfive »

HardofHerringGull wrote:Allways liked Tim Sills. He had a few quiet patches with us ~goal wise~ but in general, he was a good striker!

I think his story can be summed up nicely by what someone on this site said after the Stevenage game!

"The best striker at the game was sat on the Stevenage bench!"
Tim who...? :Oops:
"Also, stands aren't sentient."
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Good luck to Sillsy. It's good to hear that he'll be playing. In my opinion think he would do fine in the league. It's a huge shame that Stevenage didn't let him have a go. But good luck to our legend!
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
nananana
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Micky Cave

Post by nananana »

jonnyfive wrote: Tim who...? :Oops:

Touche...
It's a sobering thought, but in a hundred years or less, every person that uses this site will be dead!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Stevenage today signed striker Chris Holroyd on loan from brighton,so maybe Tim Sills has gone out on loan as a makewieght.

To me it was not just the number of goals he scored for tufc,but the importance of many of his goals,which is a large part of the (on the field) reason that us tufc fans are now enjoying league 2 football.

Tim Sills will allways be a tufc legend to me,and i wish him well where ever he ends up in football.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

He'll always be a legend in these parts, but i thinks it's fair to say history would suggest the BSP is his level. Good luck to him in his new venture.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

There's a little bit on the switch here, well it's just someone's opinion really.
http://fcboro.co.uk/

You've got to feel for him, every time he gets out the BSP he's sent straight back. At least Bucks gave him a chance first. Oh well I hope he does well at Rushden.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

We could have done far worse than getting him on loan - in fact we should have taken him and loaned out Puffing Billy tio R and D
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

It's still early days with Billy and he could probably do with a start in one of the apparently easier games. I still have faith that he'll come good.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Rushden and Diamonds to win the BSP playoffs 2010/11??!!?

Watch this space...
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

After today's dire showing, we could do with him here.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

wivelgull wrote:After today's dire showing, we could do with him here.

No we don't! We have Gritt :O :O :O
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

wivelgull wrote:After today's dire showing, we could do with him here.
Yeah, because he has set League two alight every time he has played hasn't he.......

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com