GET Gary Owers, Martin Khul & Geoff Harrop OUT NOW

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

sgf wrote: 21 Jan 2018, 00:29 No one is doubting Thea's intentions. Nor is anyone doubting that she was hoodwinked by dirty rotten scoundrels.

However, surely to God, no matter how limited her business acumen she had a duty of care to ensure her money was being spent correctly and the correct decisions were being made. People, independent of the club, could have assisted her with this
" that she was hoodwinked by dirty rotten scoundrels." I think you have answered your own question.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

sgf wrote: 21 Jan 2018, 00:17 I take your point Yorkie, I just dont see the point in even bringing it up. If we are honest, the predicament we are in now was created by decisions made years ago. If the correct decisions had been made back then, we wouldn't be in the NL and Nico wouldn't have got near the job, especially as a first job.

Both KN and GO are by-products of decisions made in years gone by.
Yep no probs. I think it's universally accepted that since Ling was unceremoniously dumped by those tw*ts that's when the irreversible slide began. It's just typical that those who treated him so shoddily are long gone and it's the fans who are still there left to try and pick up the pieces.

Nobody has made the right decisions since then and quite frankly nobody since has had the bollocks to make the right decisions. Too busy living off Thea's money the parasitic scum.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 20 Jan 2018, 21:29 But sometimes Dickheads.
When did he ask you to sign? ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

He wasn't asked.

When the call was made for any volunteer dickheads Chris was first to put his hand up. :lol:
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

MellowYellow wrote: 21 Jan 2018, 00:33 " that she was hoodwinked by dirty rotten scoundrels." I think you have answered your own question.
I don't recall asking a question.... Anyway all of the above is in the past. We can't change that, only the future. Maybe we should discuss this more....I include myself in that
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

merse btpir wrote: 20 Jan 2018, 23:20

This club is getting the further relegation it deserves and this will now be three of them since the board under Alex Rowe disintegrated to being controlled by Bill Phillips and Simon Baker and then Thea Bristow herself who didn't have a ruddy clue about professional football. People should ask the question too just why Rowe and the Boyce Bros left ~ I know but could not divulge the reason without breaking a confidence ~ and if they started by asking Bristow why; she might just give an honest answer but I wouldn't stake your mortgage on it because she never does come out and speak does she. But believe me; she was at the root of the reason they left and things have fallen apart ever since. No wonder she wanted out!

To put a different slant on this, we've talked so you know I know what you're referring to, as much as Thea took a stance that saw them leave, they also took a stance and left. You could argue that it was as much their fault as it was Thea's.

I prefer to lay the blame on the instigator of the situation and that wouldn't have been Thea. She would have stuck with the advice of her ..... er ....... er confidante who would have known full well what was going on and still made that mistake.
Dave

Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Southampton Gull wrote: 21 Jan 2018, 00:50 To put a different slant on this, we've talked so you know I know what you're referring to, as much as Thea took a stance that saw them leave, they also took a stance and left. You could argue that it was as much their fault as it was Thea's.

I prefer to lay the blame on the instigator of the situation and that wouldn't have been Thea. She would have stuck with the advice of her ..... er ....... er confidante who would have known full well what was going on and still made that mistake.
100% agree with Dave here about this.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

sgf wrote: 21 Jan 2018, 00:29

However, surely to God, no matter how limited her business acumen she had a duty of care to ensure her money was being spent correctly and the correct decisions were being made. People, independent of the club, could have assisted her with this

People forget, it was her husband that got them into the Boardroom, it was his untimely passing that resulted in her stepping into his place and others took advantage of her. Shame on them, not on her.
Dave

sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by sgf »

Southampton Gull wrote: 21 Jan 2018, 00:50 To put a different slant on this, we've talked so you know I know what you're referring to, as much as Thea took a stance that saw them leave, they also took a stance and left. You could argue that it was as much their fault as it was Thea's.

I take it her confidante had a vested interest.....
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

I worded my response the way I did for a very good reason ;-)
Dave

sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by sgf »

Southampton Gull wrote: 21 Jan 2018, 00:52
People forget, it was her husband that got them into the Boardroom, it was his untimely passing that resulted in her stepping into his place and others took advantage of her. Shame on them, not on her.
I'm not dissing Thea. I guess it's frustration that she didn't surround herself with the right people. With hindsight she probably should have put the club on market, although I know she was fulfilling Paul's dream
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by sgf »

Southampton Gull wrote: 21 Jan 2018, 01:00 I worded my response the way I did for a very good reason ;-)
Lol, I wasn't expecting an answer !!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

I didn't take it that you did but it needed to be said that she never wanted to be running the club and ultimately only did so on paper anyway. Perhaps the penny might now be dropping as to why I was so publicly critical of Simon Baker and Bill Phillips. I took a lot of stick along the way from many sides but I'm still surprised that Thea gets the stick she does. She's a person with great community spirit and through "luck" came into the kind of money we can all only dream about. How many of us wouldn't have made mistakes with it? How many of us would have trusted someone who was supposed to be a friend, fellow board member and supposedly good egg? She thought she was leaving a debt free club, that's how the others got away with no liability even though their skeletons came back to haunt the succeeding regime.
Dave

MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

sgf wrote: 21 Jan 2018, 00:47 I don't recall asking a question.... Anyway all of the above is in the past. We can't change that, only the future. Maybe we should discuss this more....I include myself in that
My apologies, I thought you were using 'surely to God' as a sentence modifier 'am I not right in thinking that?' i.e. question.
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by sgf »

Which brings to where we are today....I still maintain that despite these darkest of days, and despite the actions of others, we will still have a club. COYY