Rory Fallon

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

midtable wrote: 27 Jul 2017, 05:28 After seeing Nicho repeatedly trying to save a game by throwing on a big defender in attack for the last 5 minutes I would rather have Fallon than Ben Gerring. Of course, fitness is a huge problem as seeing him wander around the ground as though playing a relaxing a game of golf is not inspiring. He could certainly do a job if fit but why are we paying him to go to the gym?
Is Rory Fallon really playing to try and claim a World Cup place for New Zealand? This is the line peddled by his agent and repeated on the Torquay United podcast ( download Yellow Army via Itunes). Has he got a chance? The short answer is maybe and the long answer is maybe not. New Zealand have the Leeds forward Chris Woods whose 27 goals made him the Championship top scorer while Rory scored zero for Truro in the Southern League after featuring for 12 games. Other forwards at the recent Confederations Cup for NZ include were Monty Patterson aged 20 and plays for Ipswich but was on loan last year for Braintree. Kosta Barbarouses aged 27 who play for Melbourne City in Australia's A League which is about the same level as League 1. Finally, Shane Smetlz aged 35 is a prolific scorer with various A League teams but has recently decided to pick up a final wage day day at Borneo in Indonesia! If he does get a surprise recall he would have had to score at least 20 goals for us so everyone would be a winner!

Good stats.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Zippy wrote: 27 Jul 2017, 19:05 Fallon will bring us nothing, having spoken to some Garg fans they said he will do nothing, he wasn't mobile when he was with them He is slow and lazy, he is another Dean Mooney for those of you who remember HIM.
And if that is the case, I imagine he'll be gone. We've not paid him anything until he steps onto the field - if it doesn't work out we can look elsewhere. This deal suits us better than the deal we did to bring Shaun Harrad back, in that Rory won't pick up a weekly wage if he's not involved.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Plymouth Gull wrote: 28 Jul 2017, 09:08Rory won't pick up a weekly wage if he's not involved.
Inless you know the detail you can't claim that with any authority. It could be a pay as you play basis, a weekly retainer ~ we just don't know because it's none of our business!
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Not sure I get the hate, pretty much agree with merse reply on the previous page.

We are what we are, a non-league team that has barely survived for 2 years and we still have a very restricted budget. That budget has been used on the key players such as Luke Young, Josh Gowling, Liam Davis et al. We aren't going to have the money to sign a really top striker like Kieffer Moore or someone of that ilk right now. It's clear the plan A will be Pittman plus one of Keating or Gray, Fallon is an experienced player that has played in a World Cup, has played in the football league or SPL for his entire career, is 35 not 45 so still has a few years left at this level in all reality. He isn't costing us anything, he's basically on an extended trial but a trial where he can actually play for us if needed. He looks in good nick physically, if Nicho can light a fire in him and get him up to speed then he could be a handy plan B if and when required.

I'd rather give him a chance than just write him off and slate him before he's even kicked a ball for us!
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

merse btpir wrote: 28 Jul 2017, 10:06 Inless you know the detail you can't claim that with any authority. It could be a pay as you play basis, a weekly retainer ~ we just don't know because it's none of our business!
Fair enough, and true. The comment was based on my understanding of non-contract deals, which are usually appearance-based!
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Everybody needs to be aware that a registration and a contract are two entirely different things..........

Any registration in a 'professional league' needs to be backed up by either a contract or players agreement to be registered in that league for only that club...'non-contract' in working practice allows the player to be remunerated (or maybe only receive expenses) in whatever manner is agreed AND 'dual-register' with another club in another league.

More than likely this is either weekly or monthly mutual agreement between club and player; but NOT a contractual one.

I know of some players who play for one club on a weekly basis but also draw a weekly retainer from another just to make themselves available should they be needed. I know of some players who are on strictly no payment terms who are described as 'non contract' and I know of some getting paid only when they play by way of appearance money and win bonus......there are many 'non contract' ways to skin a cat!
Ray Johnstone
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Halstead

Post by Ray Johnstone »

Nine pages of arguments about a new signing. I think you should all put your efforts into supporting Mr Fallon and the team in general.

I recall reading an e-mail which scorned a group of TUFC supporters for singing his name when substituted on in a recent pre-season friendly. Can you believe it? It reminds me of when Barrow signed an aged Lee McEvilly. Some of the nitwits who sit around me in the recently renamed Brian Arrowsmith Main Stand had made their minds up before a ball had been kicked. It creates a terrible atmosphere at the club in my opinion.

Ray
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

Interesting email. Reminded me of a time when Torquay supporters posted on this blog.
TUST number 080
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

Ray Johnstone wrote: 29 Jul 2017, 07:07 Nine pages of arguments about a new signing. I think you should all put your efforts into supporting Mr Fallon and the team in general.

I recall reading an e-mail which scorned a group of TUFC supporters for singing his name when substituted on in a recent pre-season friendly. Can you believe it? It reminds me of when Barrow signed an aged Lee McEvilly. Some of the nitwits who sit around me in the recently renamed Brian Arrowsmith Main Stand had made their minds up before a ball had been kicked. It creates a terrible atmosphere at the club in my opinion.

Ray
In this rare instance, I agree.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

How come I never get any emails about Torquay United? More to the point, why does Ray get so many emails about TUFC?

;-)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Rossi Martin
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Rossi Martin »

I bet anyone a tenner that Rory Fallen will be our top scorer this year. Think his body frame he can use to his advantage and his blistering turn of pace. If he is then i will drink the Torquay Bar dry on the final day
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Lloyder5 wrote: 29 Jul 2017, 09:57 Interesting email. Reminded me of a time when Torquay supporters posted on this blog.
:lol:
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

tomogull wrote: 19 Jul 2017, 16:19 I'm still interested in the Ryan Brunt situation. He's been training with Exeter but as far as I know, he hasn't been offered a contract yet. I think he would be ideal. However, I see that their top scorer - the lad from Newton Abbot could be moving to Brentford so Tisdale could see Brunt as a shoe-in replacement. As for Fallon - as posted elsewhere - NO !!!! Surely, there must be young strikers out there who could be brought in on loan and would be a much better option than a past-it 35/36 year old. In my opinion, signing Fallon would be a waste of the pot of money that Nicholson has been given to bring in players.
Ryan Brunt has today signed for City. No real surprise there, but that was the final straw we were clutching. So after Karl Hawley and Shaun Harrad, we have yet another striker kicking over the embers of his football career. We can only hope that we all end up with egg on our faces as Rory Fallon steps up to the plate and Kevin Nicholson is proved right in placing faith in him.
Willowgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Willowgull »

tomogull wrote: 01 Aug 2017, 18:01 Ryan Brunt has today signed for City. No real surprise there, but that was the final straw we were clutching. So after Karl Hawley and Shaun Harrad, we have yet another striker kicking over the embers of his football career. We can only hope that we all end up with egg on our faces as Rory Fallon steps up to the plate and Kevin Nicholson is proved right in placing faith in him.
Judging by what I saw of him against Argyle and Truro there is no chance of him finishing top scorer. Realistically, I cant see him being with us at Christmas. Massive improvement needed if he is to be!!
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Seems quite possible that the ice cream man will just melt away!