Bad Vibes. Let's get them out of the way

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Wraysburygull wrote: 23 Apr 2017, 21:23 The timings do co-incide I reckon so fair play . Is he not also responsible for recruiting? 🤷‍♀️
That's right; and it may be recruiting management too ~ after all this ownership do need professional opinion unlike the last administration who recruited their management in an entirely different manner.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

They've just won at Dover, lost unluckily to Lincoln (who beat Ipswich & Burnley a few months ago) and drawn at Aldershot. Of course the team needs to be strengthened but don't cast them and the manager aside now.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

I don't think losing at Lincoln was 'unlucky' it was careless.......

Careless in the keeper getting his parry wrong and gifting the ball back to an onrushing forward who was not picked up by defenders and careless for the second goal in allowing Rheid the room on the ball he had been denied by Lathrope when the lumbering Gerring came on; the team dropped too deep and a hard worked for winning position was thrown away.

Whoever you are playing; to manage all that at the death is criminal and indicative of why the league table is as it is.

What's this 'luck'? Stick a ball on the centre spot and nobody kicks it. Does it move?
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

:engflag:
merse btpir wrote: 23 Apr 2017, 21:41 I don't think losing at Lincoln was 'unlucky' it was careless.......

Careless in the keeper getting his parry wrong and gifting the ball back to an onrushing forward who was not picked up by defenders and careless for the second goal in allowing Rheid the room on the ball he had been denied by Lathrope when the lumbering Gerring came on; the team dropped too deep and a hard worked for winning position was thrown away.

Whoever you are playing; to manage all that at the death is criminal and indicative of why the league table is as it is.

What's this 'luck'? Stick a ball on the centre spot and nobody kicks it. Does it move? :goodpost:
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

merse btpir wrote: 23 Apr 2017, 21:41 I don't think losing at Lincoln was 'unlucky' it was careless.......

What's this 'luck'? Stick a ball on the centre spot and nobody kicks it. Does it move?
I think that's being very harsh. Compare Lincoln's bench with our bench. I wouldn't describe the loss as unlucky but neither would I describe it as careless. We were up against by far the best side in the league, and all credit to Danny Cowley and his brother for what Lincoln have achieved this season, and they did exactly the same on Bank Holiday Monday, but this time with two goals in injury time.

I don't think I'd describe myself as a 'rose tinter' or whatever description you use to describe fans who support the team, but I do try to remain positive. As for your post about Danny Raachi, may I remind you that it was Kevin Nicholson who brought him to Plainmoor .......
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

Lincoln's bench didn't win it for them ours choice of sub for Lathrope lost it for us........

The Imps were tired, ragged and had lost the plot but they are renowned for their ability to overcome deficits at the death and we aided them by putting on a third centre back for a sitting midfielder thus changing the shape of the team and causing us to sit too deep. there were Chaney or (my choice) Harrad who could have done what Lathrope (if he really had to come off) had been doing for four minutes.

It was an error of match management by Nicholson and Herrera and lack of concentration by the players ~ at that time of a game ; budgets, benches and league position don't come into it...it was repetition of the sort of failings that have been there for so long.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Come on can we please move on. We have had this for well over a week now. You are entitled to your view Merse but no one knows whether what you claim is right or wrong, correct or incorrect - even you don't . The club has argueably one its biggest ever game on Saturday can we please move on to that. Let's get behind the side whatever the rights and wrongs of it.
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Oops, well that's aired a few vibes one way or another.

I didn't expect that I'd unleash such a volley of shots when I started this post but, ah well, it's Sunday and a week is a long time in.........

Yes, the players have underachieved this season but they have their pride and one more hurdle to surmount before they hear what the future holds for them. Having witnessed McGinty's reaction at the end of our last home defeat, I'm sure that they will need little encouragement to do their utmost.

What we now have to do is our bit to get them over the line in the name of Torquay United.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Dazza wrote: 23 Apr 2017, 22:36 Come on can we please move on. We have had this for well over a week now. You are entitled to your view Merse but no one knows whether what you claim is right or wrong, correct or incorrect - even you don't . The club has argueably one its biggest ever game on Saturday can we please move on to that. Let's get behind the side whatever the rights and wrongs of it.
Here, Hear - to both Dazza & Gateman :-D
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Careless, Under pressure, Unlucky, Lack of concentration, Out of form due to lack of squad competition, poor decision, utter shite, the list of excuses or reasons are endless.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

kevgull wrote: 24 Apr 2017, 07:01 Careless, Under pressure, Unlucky, Lack of concentration, Out of form due to lack of squad competition, poor decision, utter shite, the list of excuses or reasons are endless.
Don't ignore the positives, Kev.. :)
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

Gullscorer wrote: 24 Apr 2017, 08:10 Don't ignore the positives, Kev.. :)
But despite all that, they have strung together a bit of a run and now need the support to finish the job. The review can start them, although I doubt it will be the main priority come the season end.
TUST number 080
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Merse is a stubborn old bugger but he talks a load of sense most of the time. I have no clue as to the inner workings of the club so I am just an outsider looking in. I havn't even seen a game all season.

I actually think Nicholson is a good bloke - that's my opinion. Do I think he has managed well this season? - no.

I don't think we should be actually struggling against relegation though - we have wasted too many points this season. A minus 11 goal difference probably tells that we maybe should have picked up a few more points than we have done.

Do I think we have been unlucky over the last half dozen games or so not to have been safe already? - Well yes actually. I think we may well have beaten Chester with eleven men on the pitch.

At Aldershot we could well have won only conceding from a free kick where the opposition didn't return the ball after we had kicked it out for an injury. Merse will argue that it was of our own making but to me that was a bitter pill to swallow.

With hardly any players on the bench Lincoln was a decent effort. Whether we chucked it away at the end who knows. Lincoln have repeated the feat in their last two games - but teams in their position invariably find a way to win.

Two excellent efforts against Braintree and Dover followed so all we can do for the next five days is get behind the manager and players. Osborne, Harrop and co are completely irrelevant until 2.45 pm on Saturday.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

yes merse does talk sense - I understand his passion too. The frustration of the Lincoln defeat. But even merse should know by now this is TUFC.
I personally think that they have done well to get themselves into the position that they/we are in.
no bad vibes from me. just looking forward to Saturday.
After the game we can start then to dissect the season and hand out the firings/sackings..... :devil:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

I find it staggering that this kind of critical dissection can't wait until after Saturday. Whatever their short-comings, and their personal futures, they will be doing their best to keep OUR club in this division. Save the criticism until they've done it (or otherwise).
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."