Torquay United v Dagenham and Redbridge - Matchday thread - 17/02/18

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

We were completely outplayed by the Daggers who I suspect reserved their best away performance of the season for us.

John Still proved the importance of having an astute Manager. All season we have been woeful up front and today we were terrible.

Brett Williams did his best to get a yellow card in the first half. Brett why do you do it???

Sutton on Tuesday will be a huge test but at least we will have Romain back.

Just when we saw a glimmer of hope we play a real shocker. A gate of 1,931 was very good when you consider our awful Home record.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

To be honest here guys to attract a crowd of over 1900 supporters in the situation we're in is amazing , do they deserve this level of support ? IMO, No , to dish out that utter garbage after 3 cracking results previously is unforgivable .
Josh Gowling maybe a permanent crock ( sicknote, another opinion ,not necessarily mine) is he really that important to the team ? Well it seems so to me & the absence of Romain shouldn't have been that costly had Reid buried his chances, why do they mostly fall to him ?
Any chance of us signing Romain on a permanent deal has now gone , who would want to be part of this basket case of a club any time soon ?
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

I was mellowing after I succumbed to the thought of relegation then those b@$7ards went & re stoked my embers relighting the belief then today happened, why oh why do I give a feck ? I wish I could just forget about this club forever but its impossible.
I'm angry & hurt after that , anybody else feel the same ?
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

I thought that Daggers were the best side but we could have done better by playing one of the strikers to the left to try and block their very strong right side. I also thought Reid should have finished the chance he had in the first half and would have preffered Keating up front. It's no good moaning we have just got to try and get it right next Saturday.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Teigngull wrote: 17 Feb 2018, 22:09 I was mellowing after I succumbed to the thought of relegation then those b@$7ards went & re stoked my embers relighting the belief then today happened, why oh why do I give a feck ? I wish I could just forget about this club forever but its impossible.
I'm angry & hurt after that , anybody else feel the same ?
Am I angry - should I be?

Clarke Osbourne issued a club statement which said " Gary Owers has the skill and determination to keep us in this division and we will provide Gary and his team with every resource available to achieve this aim."

Considering that when Owers arrived, and the backing he's been given to sign 22 players, going from 8 points adrift of safety to exactly 8 points adrift of safety in his 5 months in charge is to say the least - underwhelming.

So am I angry - have a guess! :@
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

brucie wrote: 17 Feb 2018, 19:19 Do you seriously think that if Gowling had played the result would have been any different - of course he is a poor signing, he is always fecking injured.

We lose cause we have a shit load of forwards who are worse than useless all signed by the previous manager. Go one down and we end up losing heavily as we chase the game with forwards who lack any ability, same happens time and time again.
Ignorant of the facts and totally clueless.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Quite agree Teigngull, 3 good performances and results gives you some hope again and then you get that
Back to reality, Dagenham were far better than us all over the pitch and made us look a very poor side
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

It’s the hope that kills.

Always.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Cruisinho
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Cruisinho »

It sounds like another poor performance. I have believed we are down for the last month or so, but the biggest chance for us to stay up is next month. All games against teams around us, and all must be won...... but it won’t happen.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

IanGull01 wrote: 17 Feb 2018, 18:32 One thing that does bother me is why Owers doesn’t feel the need to come over and clap the fans and just trudge off down into the tunnel?!
That’s the one thing that bothers you?

Does it really matter?

If he did, all he’d get is abuse anyway. The bloke is clueless and out of his depth and hopefully he will be gone soon. I don’t really care whether he comes over and claps supporters.

The whole clapping after the game is ridiculous. I was more bothered by the numpties on the Pop Side who clapped the team off after that. How can anyone applaud what we saw yesterday?
terrygull

Post by terrygull »

Success is not permanent. failure is not fatal :
It is the courage to continue that counts .
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

It looks like brucie is in need of some support again; don't worry, brucie, I'm with you!
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

portugull wrote: 17 Feb 2018, 21:40 Just when we saw a glimmer of hope we play a real shocker. A gate of 1,931 was very good when you consider our awful Home record.

To be honest, when you look back at the attendances this year, it's a normal trend to see the crowds increase when we won the previous game, especially when we win the last two! There's always a pocket of fans who turn up when we're in good form, to add on to the core 1,400 who come every week.

If we were top of the league, our crowds would be around 4,000 every week. People like watching a winning side, we're certainly not that at the moment.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

merse btpir wrote: 16 Feb 2018, 07:50 It doesn't need extending; he's he for the rest of the season. Do you not read before you post? :@
I do read, it’s just hard to read all or some of the lengthy drivel that’s put on here! I was really just making a point about Reid, he clearly is not capable of scoring and if and when Romain does indeed go we can’t rely on Reid, he’s painful to watch.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

dannyrvtufc4life wrote: 18 Feb 2018, 10:46
To be honest, when you look back at the attendances this year, it's a normal trend to see the crowds increase when we won the previous game, especially when we win the last two! There's always a pocket of fans who turn up when we're in good form, to add on to the core 1,400 who come every week.

If we were top of the league, our crowds would be around 4,000 every week. People like watching a winning side, we're certainly not that at the moment.
The word FICKLE comes to mind !