Maidenhead v Torquayunited 10/2/18

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Could there be a glimmer of hope :O
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 10 Feb 2018, 16:56 FT 2-1 to the Gulls!
:clap:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

I’ve gone from wanting to punch each and every one of them in the balls a few weeks ago to wanting to high five all concerned today! Dissapointed when they equalised as it sounded like we were massively on top but they’ve dug deep and deserved the win!

The table looks a lot more rosier today, even if a few clubs above have got games in hand. Was nice for other results to go our way as well.

I definitely don’t want to get my hopes up just yet, this is Torquay United after all...
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

I would say a lot more like it, well done to Gary Owers for the signings he has made, He has a lot of stick of late so maybe time to give credit where its due.
he has made some decent signings, the gap is now closing.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

A little early to give Owers the plaudits, he's signed a lot of dross until recently so let's be content with three games unbeaten and hope this run continues. I'll credit him if and when he gets us out of this mess.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Zippy »

well I think its a start Dave, we are quick to slag him off, just think with two decent results he deserves a bit of credit.
goody2449
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: luke Young

Post by goody2449 »

So, since I had a go at Owers and Kuhl as I walked out at 3 nil down to Bromley, we've seen a bit of a revival, coincidence?????

In seriousness, I begged him to go down fighting and they certainly are doing that, fair play. Good result today, still a long way to go. But who Knows!!!!

We would never of got that winning goal 6 weeks ago.

Well done TUFC, keep it up!!!!
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Zippy »

so its down to you Goody! lol!
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

Full credit to Owers today, we were under the cosh and the easy option might have been to replace either Williams or Romain (even Dave Thomas was calling for it on commentary) with "fresh legs" (Keating or Reid) or even brought on a holding midfielder (Klukowski) to protect what we had - a point - but he stuck with them both and was fully rewarded when Romain grabbed the winner following a driven cross from Williams. :scarf:
Last edited by CP Gull on 10 Feb 2018, 17:49, edited 1 time in total.
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Zippy »

yew well done to the players and the manager, full credit.
goody2449
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: luke Young

Post by goody2449 »

Zippy wrote: 10 Feb 2018, 17:33 so its down to you Goody! lol!
hahahaha id like to think so!!! :na: :na:
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Eventually found a side that Reid can not start in!
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

I do not like this constant sniping at Jamie Reid.

kevgull what will you say if Reid scores the goal which keeps us up?

All the players need our 100% support and it sounds like the away support for United today was unbelievable! COYY.
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

OK under a month ago after the shocker against Bromley, I said to my daughter it feels like I am going over to pay my respects(watching Dagenham & Sutton) I explained if we go down who knows what will happen to the club!!! Fast forward and today I just said to her I am about to be part of the greatest escape since Steve McQueen.... Really 2-1 away who really saw that especially after Maidenhead getting back to 1-1... Last 3 games no defeats 2 wins 1 draw(2 away games) We are showing the form of champions... Now I know we are still in the relegation zone there is along way to go, I will be told not to get carried away.. But come on you really have to start to believe it written in the stars.. Come on you Gulls
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Great result, maintained all season, never give up, and whilst these last three results prove the point, including that draw at Macclesfield every one moaned about, there is indeed a mountain still to climb.

That's why I agree with portugull's sentiment, 100 % united behind the manager and team now, what looked unthinkable 3 weeks ago, is now on.
Formerly known as forevertufc