Torquay United v Barrow 3/2/18

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Torquay United v Barrow 3/2/18

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Thought I'd start this one too....

Well after an improved performance against Macclesfield, its Barrow one of our relegation rivals who come to town.
It would be good to see Williams/Romain up front...... and what about the new "seasoned pro" loanee? Will he get a start?
Actually confident of victory.

Up the Gulls!
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

FFS Owers. Are we actually going to finally win a game then or what? Be a good time to start.

Sort this shower of shit out, build on the creditable draw at Macc and beat a side AT HOME who are barely better than us.

It really is that simple. If you can't then get your coat and shut the door on your way out.

If you can then you might be able to regain a slight air of hope amongst the fanbase and may be able to reel back in that thread that you hanging off by your fingernails and maybe, maybe there will be a glimmer of hope that you can actually keep the club up and start building some bridges with the fans. Down to you AS PAID PROFESSIONAL MANAGER of TUFC.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Just as a 'Desmond' is known colloquially as a 2-2 draw for obvious reasons then i'm going to have to go for a 'Ray Johnstone' in this one.

Points shared. A goal a piece.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

I shall miss playing these northern clubs.

I learnt more about the industrial heritage of the country from looking things up about the mysterious place names of the club playing Torquay United the following weekend, than I ever did at school!
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

stefano wrote: 01 Feb 2018, 11:34 I shall miss playing these northern clubs.

I learnt more about the industrial heritage of the country from looking things up about the mysterious place names of the club playing Torquay United the following weekend, than I ever did at school!
I think following a lower league club takes you to places that ordinarily you wouldn't even have heard of never mind planned to visit.

Accrington. Unless you have a genuine reason such as family live there or you are going to pick up a motor bought on ebay then you would't really ever set foot in the place if it weren't for your football team playing there.

Ebbsfleet. Is it a real place? Where the hell is it? :lol:

Morecambe. Let's go to Morecambe! Certainly not for a family holiday as it's a dump full of druggies so the only other reason would be for the footy!! :scarf:

Great Britain. You can't beat it!
LankyGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by LankyGull »

Although I’m a firm believer in it isn’t over until it’s mathematically impossible, if we lose this game we are done. For the first time in our 3rd ‘great escape’ I don’t believe we will get out of it. Nicho had a bit about him to get the players to perform in these type of huge game, like Dover away last season. I don’t see that with Owers, he’s out of his depth and I think the dressing room know that too.

Score prediction;

TUFC:1
Barrow:3

Att. 1400ish if we’re lucky
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

"Ebbsfleet. Is it a real place? Where the hell is it? :lol:"

Ebbsfleet is just a railway station in the middle of Kent - there is nothing else there. I know because I have caught the high speed train from there into London several times - the only neighbours are cows and sheep! The club used to be called Gravesend and Northfleet before the high speed rail link came calling. Ebbsfleet don't actually play at the railway station - they play at Gravesend & Northfleet's ground some miles away. Talking of Ebbsfleet, anyone remember myfootballclub.com which was supposedly the Ebbsfleet fans having a share in the ownership of the club - and all those ridiculous red shirts they were wearing at Wembley for the F.A.Trophy final against us some years ago. I wonder how many of those plonkers still support the club - what a shame we lost 1-0.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

budegull1954 wrote: 01 Feb 2018, 14:28 Ebbsfleet don't actually play at the railway station - they play at Gravesend & Northfleet's ground some miles away.
It's a ten minute walk away and reason the club name was changed was to heighten awareness of both club and transport hub/station. A whole new 'city' is in the planning andf building adjoining the stadium and the cluob's owners are major players in that project.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Well i hope they aren't like OUR owners in that it's all plans and no action.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Yorkieandy wrote: 01 Feb 2018, 14:42 Well i hope they aren't like [highlight=yellow]OUR[/highlight] owners in that it's all plans and no action.
you really are back on board aren't you my Derbyshire Bumpkin..... :}
joining TUST and OUR owners..... :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 01 Feb 2018, 15:05 you really are back on board aren't you my Derbyshire Bumpkin..... :}
joining TUST and OUR owners..... :rofl:
Christ at this rate he might actually do something unthinkable and outrageous like go to a TUFC game. :scarf:
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

chunkygull wrote: 01 Feb 2018, 16:18 Christ at this rate he might actually do something unthinkable and outrageous like go to a TUFC game. :scarf:
Steady on Chunks! :S

My position still stands. Whilst CO owns the club and it continues to go backwards and combine that with largely a group of footballers who don't give a toss about the club now or in the future then i still find it puzzling why anyone would want to go and watch. It's simply not worth it.

Obviously next season the club will be in the NLS and therefore away games will be difficult to get to but i will consider it should certain things happen over the summer which will persuade me to think it's worthwhile. I don't really want to give CO any of my money nor do i want to give any of the current crop of players it either because they are absolutely useless and don't deserve to be playing football and getting paid for it.

I am happy to keep on with TUST membership and will consider paying in more now and then rather than give it to Osborne and dire footballers. I can do this as a substitute for ticket prices which i won't have to pay due to not attending.

Like i said, over the summer if Owers and Kuhl leave and most of the players then i'll see what happens as regards staying full time, what players get brought in and what manager etc and make a decision.This is with a CO owned club still.

If CO leaves then i will almost certainly start going again as the club will finally have a future and fans will once again have a reason to go to games. As it stands CO is strangling the club and the players are shit. So whether i attend or not it doesn't matter. I haven't attended this season and it has still had absolutely no bearing on results or the direction of the club. Due to the two reasons i mentioned. Crap footballers and an owner out for anything and everything apart from the survival if TUFC. If i had attended every game home and away the club would still be bottom due to players, manager and owner not being interested.

In the meantime i'm hoping for survival and that may change things further so i haven't exactly decided on the best course of action and won't do so until the new season starts once the dust has settled.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Anybody driving down the A380 from the M5 tomorrow be warned that the dual carriageway reduces to one lane about a mile before the Penn Inn flyover with roadworks that started on Monday, for five weeks. On Tuesday night on my way to the TUST meeting it was a nightmare taking 1 hour 20 minutes from Telegraph Hill.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Yes, this is the one. Win - and we have a slimmest of chances; lose - and we're gone, long gone daddy.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Must win and even then still looked doomed but you just never know. 1 nil torquay