Macclesfield Town v Torquay United 27/1/18

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Does anyone know how many away fans there today and did they allow you to go on the terrace or was it confined to seats?
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

I'm guessing about 80ish away fans, the terrace was closed but I paid £15 so they charged terrace prices. I can't imagine they open the terrace unless they play a team with large away support.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Orange Gull wrote: 27 Jan 2018, 21:11 I'm guessing about 80ish away fans, the terrace was closed but I paid £15 so they charged terrace prices. I can't imagine they open the terrace unless they play a team with large away support.
Thanks Orange Gull. Yes the last time i went we were put in the seats but every visit prior to that we were always on the terrace. Including that 3-3 draw when Branno steamed forward with a bullet header! One of the most enjoyable Gulls games i've ever seen.

Were you fortunate enough to avoid SuperNickyWroe Chris and Paul Bixie? :lol:

I bet they would have been a bit worse for wear. One being from Barnsley and one from Sheffield. We all know that it's only the Donny blokes in South Yorkshire who can hold their ale. =D
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

'Torquay are a poor, poor side, defensively awful........'

'Should have scored a barrowfull first half, never seen such a one sided half...............'

'..........we only made their very dodgy keeper pull off one actual save'

'.........it looked like a foul on Jalal for their (Torquay) equaliser'

Just a few snippets from the surprisingly minimalistic Macc fans forum.
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

Yorkieandy wrote: 27 Jan 2018, 21:27 'Torquay are a poor, poor side, defensively awful........'

'Should have scored a barrowfull first half, never seen such a one sided half...............'

Crikey, given how bloody awful we were ..... perhaps we should be grateful for a point after all! What do you reckon Andy? =D
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Yorkieandy wrote: 27 Jan 2018, 21:27 '
Torquay are a poor, poor side, defensively awful........'

1. took them 72mins to score..... :rofl:
2. we should have... we should have been 2 or 3 up at half time.... =D
3. I refer to point 1.
4. yeah right. worse than gary sprake. he just dropped the ball by running into his own player! :rofl:

complete co*ks

doesn't mention their timewasting when they went 1 up...... :whistle:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Yorkieandy wrote: 27 Jan 2018, 21:17 Thanks Orange Gull. Yes the last time i went we were put in the seats but every visit prior to that we were always on the terrace. Including that 3-3 draw when Branno steamed forward with a bullet header! One of the most enjoyable Gulls games i've ever seen.

Were you fortunate enough to avoid SuperNickyWroe Chris and Paul Bixie? :lol:

I bet they would have been a bit worse for wear. One being from Barnsley and one from Sheffield. [highlight=yellow]We all know that it's only the Donny blokes in South Yorkshire who can hold their ale.[/highlight] =D
yeah right.

that's the only thing "Donny" blokes can do..... "hold it".......because they cant handle actually drinking it.....
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

I only decided around 11 this morning that I was going to go up, but actually pretty glad I did!

The last game I saw was the Boreham away game but by gosh what a contrast today was! I was already resigned to the fact that we were coming away with zero points but said to myself as long they actually tried hard and put the effort in I wouldnt have been distraught. After all, Macc were top, at home, and coming off the back of that crushing 6-0 defeat by the mighty Fylde!

Was fairly happy when I got in the car to set off and although we need the wins rather than draws, I don’t really understand why there is so many fans pissed off that we didn’t win, considering all of the facts I have stated above!

Not enough has been said about Romain either! He looks a cracking little player, didn’t stop running today, constantly put himself about and although he’s not the biggest, he certainly got stuck in! He can actually play football as well which is refreshing to see, considering we have had to endure the services of Reid and Keating for far too long! I reckon it will be him and Williams up top next game which I’m excited to see.

Romain and Davis were my MOMs today, with Youngy not too far behind!
WHG
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by WHG »

Yorkieandy wrote: 27 Jan 2018, 20:07

A bit like Merse going on about stuff but he does it in a rational, educated, sensible manner
:lol: Normally ignore opposition fans banter but this did give me a laugh =Z
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Having seen many woeful away performances of late, I was expecting nothing from yesterday's game. So it's a point gained, even though it doesn't help our mission impossible plight. Not often you witness the fans applauding the players off. So if we're going down at least show application and effort, this team showed that against Macclesfield. Let's not forget Macclesfield are top of the table (how is anyone's guess).
Romain was quality yesterday as where both of our keepers. A draw for both teams will be a disappointment, as either team should have won, it was that type of game.
Anyone that can criticise Williams from his 25 minutes of the pitch, needs to realise he was practically a lone striker and held the ball up fantastic with no support, especially after we had equalised. He needs to start at barrow next week with romain.
Fantastic support from the yellow army, what national league team, 11 points adrift at the bottom takes 119 fans on a January afternoon to Macclesfield, you are all a credit to this highly mis-run and managed club
Lucy
Ray Johnstone
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Halstead

Post by Ray Johnstone »

Great result for the Gulls, but it is too late in the piece. I predict Torquay, Guiseley, Chester and Halifax to be this year's 4 teams to be relegated from the National League.

Ray
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Ray Johnstone wrote: 28 Jan 2018, 23:36 Great result for the Gulls, but it is too late in the piece. I predict Torquay, Guiseley, Chester and Halifax to be this year's 4 teams to be relegated from the National League.

Ray
I think Barrow will slip into the bottom four next Saturday and remain there until the end of the season.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Ray Johnstone wrote: 28 Jan 2018, 23:36 Great result for the Gulls, but it is too late in the piece. I predict Torquay, Guiseley, Chester and Halifax to be this year's 4 teams to be relegated from the National League.

Ray
tldr
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Ray
Score prediction for Saturday Ray?

1-1 maybe? 😉
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Dont encourage him, maybe he will go away for another few months now