Torquay United v Bromley 20/1/18

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
misstheolddays
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by misstheolddays »

A journo has apparently said he saw a certain Kevin Millard (someone I felt we should have taken on as manager) in the company of TUFC officials prior to the match today. I happen to know he coaches in Spain, at a high level, so fail to see that this means anything at all.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

I really dont know what to say anymore about this club, team, management, hierarchy and owner but I especially dont know what I can say to describe what goes on out on the pitch.

Never have I seen a TUFC side so bereft of confidence, they look absolutely shot. Everything just seemed half hearted, especially trying to win the ball which is exactly what contributed to the first goal was just so poor. So many chances to clear, then it looked like the keeper had it and bang, goal. I cant even describe the other goals as they were just so poor and comical.We definitely give up the longer the game goes on, even at 2-0 you still have a chance but no, most of them just arent interested. This team has evolved and the personnel has changed so much and to be honest we have gone backwards, the players that have come in dont look any better than what we have already got or had here this season.

As for our attacking, well when we keep the ball on the deck we dont look bad right up until somebody has to try and score. When there was a bit of thought, intelligence and passing we had a chance but too often the ball is lumped in the air to a guy who is about 5 foot 8 or 9 inches up there battling on his own. Romain had no chance despite plenty of effort. Give the bloke a chance he isnt a target man and lumping the damn thing never, ever works but still we persist with it. Why was Romain up there on his own anyway, we had to win this game.

By the time the third goal went in I stopped worrying about the game and result, my mind went elsewhere, indeed Im not even thinking about this season anymore, Im wondering what comes next, Im concerned about next season more now, what state will we be in, what will TUFC look like, will we even survive and still be around.

Very toxic at the end, never like it when the fans boo the team or chant for the manager to leave, its always a sign of how bad things are, cant blame anybody for it though. Dont think any changes will be made, dont think Harrop, Owers, Kuhl or anybody else will walk and I cant see them being sacked. I didnt voice my displeasure but was churned up inside as I walked away, not many times have I walked away feeling so bad, so empty inside, it feels like I have lost something that has been a part of my life for over 30 years. Reflecting on a sad day as I left Plainmoor, I kept composure, head held high, stiff upper lip but really I was feeling like this -
CQj0xFoUwAArFOq.jpg
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

You only FELT like that. I LOOK like it!! :Z
fred
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Aaron downs

Post by fred »

Not too bad in the first half but when you don't have the quality up front then things get really messy as they did today! Personally I don't think any manager can save us with the current owners!! Did not see any TUST members giving out flyers today but would join if I knew it would make a difference!!!!!!!
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Join Fred. I'm with you. I don't think it will make any difference and i find the 'nice' way in which the TUST go about things is not the way forward but if there is that slight chance that when push comes to shove the TUST can step in then i think people will regret it if there was hope that soon went because not enough people bothered to join up.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

fred wrote: 20 Jan 2018, 21:34 Not too bad in the first half but when you don't have the quality up front then things get really messy as they did today! Personally I don't think any manager can save us with the current owners!! [highlight=yellow]Did not see any TUST members giving out flyers today [/highlight]but would join if I knew it would make a difference!!!!!!!
According to Chunkygull on the TUST Update thread, they were Fred.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

fred
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by fred »

No one wants the club to flourish more than me yorkieandy! Been a fan since the 80's and both my kids now have TUFC in their blood!! Maybe this forum can play a bigger part in bringing fans together to the greater good. Please remember their are many who view this forum who chose not to post!!
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

fred wrote: 20 Jan 2018, 22:02 No one wants the club to flourish more than me yorkieandy! Been a fan since the 80's and both my kids now have TUFC in their blood!! Maybe this forum can play a bigger part in bringing fans together to the greater good. Please remember their are many who view this forum who chose not to post!!
Yeah i know Fred.

I'm sure most are wishing i was one of 'em. :lol:
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

fred wrote: 20 Jan 2018, 21:34 Not too bad in the first half but when you don't have the quality up front then things get really messy as they did today! Personally I don't think any manager can save us with the current owners!! Did not see any TUST members giving out flyers today but would join if I knew it would make a difference!!!!!!!
C'mon Fred. Stick yer hand in yer pocket, £24 a year, what's that equate to these days ? a round of drinks , a takeaway curry or chinese meal ?
YOU WILL BE DOING THE RIGHT THING BY THE CLUB & WE WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Is Lathrop injured?
fred
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by fred »

Teigngull thanks for the response. Yes £24 is a very small amount of cash. This is my issue. What are you doing with it and how is it going to make a difference???
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

fred wrote: 20 Jan 2018, 22:31 Teigngull thanks for the response. Yes £24 is a very small amount of cash. This is my issue. What are you doing with it and how is it going to make a difference???
As Jerry rightly pointed out to me in a way in another thread about this kind of thinking.

£24 a year isn't a lot Fred but if 1000 fans join paying that minimum then it's £24k a year.

Not criticising you Fred as i felt the same a few weeks ago. What's the point i thought but then if everyone thought this then nothing would ever happen.

I have decided to give the TUST a fair crack of the whip and if in time they aren't pushing things hard enough then i always have the option of pulling out. I hope you decide to join Fred. :-D
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

fred wrote: 20 Jan 2018, 22:31 Teigngull thanks for the response. Yes £24 is a very small amount of cash. This is my issue. What are you doing with it and how is it going to make a difference???
I am just a member (n'o 488) I'm not doing any thing with the money.
If you feel it's not enough then feel free to double it or treble it if you can afford it & are willing to donate more then go for it.
We will make a difference as the number of members increase our voice will get louder they will not be able or allowed to ignore us, £24 for a voice & to join an army working together for the right cause, yes , in time ,the amount of money will come into it but for now get you voice heard where it matters.
Good on ya Fred you know it makes sense.
:scarf:
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

God Teigngull. We're like online chuggers! :Oops: :lol:

Let's leave Fred to make up his own mind. :-D
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

fred wrote: 20 Jan 2018, 22:31 Teigngull thanks for the response. Yes £24 is a very small amount of cash. This is my issue. What are you doing with it.
Along with the multiplier that is mentioned, the answer is that what then happens every member gets a vote as to the direction it wishes the TUST Board to take at this time. Not an easy task with so many heartfelt opinions, but these people also love your Club.

Don’t feel pressured, Fred. Do it if you feel it is for you. Personally, I hope as many as possible do it, as I can’t see beyond there needing to be a trust safety net after Osborne has finished with us, as I lost my speedway team when one of his companies bulldozed it’s ground leaving the club to no longer exist.