Torquay United v Bromley 20/1/18

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

I walked out 10 minutes from the end but plenty left before that.

This was another disgraceful performance from a bunch of loanees who don't care what happens to the club. In a month's time they leave and run back to their parent clubs. They will be replaced with another wave of nobodies who have similar interest levels. That is the cold hard truth.

The club is dead. We are now, just a team, not a club. I don't know what the attendance was today but it looked worse than last week and as I stood on the popside and looked around, probably 30-40% of those around me were chatting about anything other than the game. Nobody cares anymore because for the last 5-6 years we've been served a diet of terrible football and mis-management.

People need to stop bleating about Nico. He had his time and was just as tactically useless with a contact book short of numbers.

Osborne will get what he wants. End of.

I'm totally **** off tonight.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

I left early too mate. Couldn't take anymore. I love this stupid fecking football club but standing their getting angrier and angrier at the whole situation was doing me no good especially when you can't effect what's going on and most of the players couldn't give a shit.

You're spot on about Nicho people need to move on. The truth is neither him or Owers are up to the job but when you've got owners who couldn't care less what can you do.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Talking about the match before the game, I said watch us in the first 20 play some fairly decent football, concede a sloppy goal and it will all unravel from there. That's just how predictable we've become, and no surprise when that duly happened.

Where are some of these loan signings coming from ? O'Sullivan, this lad has left me scratching my head, I mean just how has he become a professional footballer. He can't pass, can't control, can't run, certainly can't tackle ( at fault for the first 2) no pace, even looks like the kid on the school yard that never got picked to play, a real joke this one.

And this winger, jeez I can't even remember his name , think he came from Chesterfield, words fail me. Who's lining these lads up, Ower's or Hedges who ever, sack them now.

As far as the game, seriuosly thnk you Ryan Clarke, 3 first class saves, as well, as the penalty, Clarke has saved us from an 0.8 mauling

Romain, done more in 5 minutes than the rest of our forward line all season, and thank you Young and Dowling for the effort if nothing else.

As for Clarke Osbounre, Harrop and the rest, I'll hire a bus at my cost, I'll drive it for free, and take you lot far, far, far away from TQ1. That was truely pathtetic today, unforgivable.
Formerly known as forevertufc
markw
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by markw »

I said last week it was the hope that kills , well after today all hope was killed !
Let's be honest Individually the players aren't that bad , they are all probably conference standard.. So why are we where we are in the league...They are not a team , no leadership either on or off the pitch, no passion , if they had one 10th of the passion of the supporters then we would be more accepting (Young aside) of them ,
Yes I know shouting and screaming by the boss only gets you so far ...but a traffic cone has more animation than our manager ! You have to continue to question his tactics , or lack... We are 1-0 down at home in a must win ( which they all are....sorry were!!!) game ...yet it takes till 15/20 mins into second half to bring on a second striker ...why...
You have a player getting some abuse from the fans on one side, he makes another mistake ...switch him to other flank, give it 5 mins then take him off...don't just react to the fans and pull him . You can guarantee O'sullivans confidence is now completely shot!
Just a quick question how many players has owers signed on loan now ? Team spirit is forged by playing together week after week, trusting your team mates ...difficult when you don't know their name or if they are going to be here next week !
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

Scathing match report on the official site. Maybe the penny has dropped, well here's hoping. Too late anyway...
Bert
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: nico

Post by Bert »

Trying to think of a worse managerial appt- sorry I can't
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

That was an unacceptable second half performance. Even Taxilady left early - I've never seen that before and it says it all.

That team is a shambles - defence, attack and, this week, even the midfield. Yes, the first half was bright and Romain looked like he could trouble defences in the same way that Keating did last season when he bullied the opposition. I would like to have seen them play together instead of persevering with that joke Reid. But once they conceded the second goal, the team lost shape and most gave up. Notable exceptions were Young and Romain.

First goal was another error by Clarke and he almost gave away another when he spilled a simple gather shortly afterwards. Thereafter, though, he was excellent - several really good saves, including the penalty, to keep the score down to 4. It could easily have been 6 or 7 otherwise given the way the white flag went up early in the second half. For that reason he was my MOTM.

I could just say that the outfield players are all frauds and not up to this standard of football but I don't think that's it. As individuals they have talent but the team spirit is so fragile and the confidence evaporates as soon as they concede. There is no way back once we concede.

Why is that? Sure, there is no effective leadership - McGinty is no leader but there are no obvious alternatives - but I think the management have just run out of ideas. Listening to Owers on the way home he seems resigned to the inevitable, always blaming players and sounding like he cannot work out what's wrong. The contrast with Tisdale and Adams in their post-match interviews is plain embarrassing.

So, I expect us to be relegated in possibly record time because I cannot see where the next win will come from. Certainly I expect Macclesfield to come back from their own drubbing next weekend.

So angry!
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

markw wrote: 20 Jan 2018, 18:25 I said last week it was the hope that kills , well after today all hope was killed !
Let's be honest Individually the players aren't that bad , they are all probably conference standard.. So why are we where we are in the league...They are not a team , no leadership either on or off the pitch, no passion , if they had one 10th of the passion of the supporters then we would be more accepting (Young aside) of them ,
Yes I know shouting and screaming by the boss only gets you so far ...but a traffic cone has more animation than our manager ! You have to continue to question his tactics , or lack... We are 1-0 down at home in a must win ( which they all are....sorry were!!!) game ...yet it takes till 15/20 mins into second half to bring on a second striker ...why...
You have a player getting some abuse from the fans on one side, he makes another mistake ...switch him to other flank, give it 5 mins then take him off...don't just react to the fans and pull him . You can guarantee O'sullivans confidence is now completely shot!
Just a quick question how many players has owers signed on loan now ? Team spirit is forged by playing together week after week, trusting your team mates ...difficult when you don't know their name or if they are going to be here next week !
We don't do team talks, we do introduction meetings.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

I’m going to stay off the site I think, or I’ll end up going off on one of my rants.

Needless to say, GO needs to FO, as well as MK and fat boy GH.

The trouble is, we get rid of the manager and probably appoint Shaun **** Taylor for the rest of the season, with fat boy expecting a pay rise for thinking outside the **** box.

Bunch of **** c***s.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

I thought last week was bad but, f*** me, that was APPALLING. We were the better team for the first 40 minutes. Bromley seemed better organized in general, but we had more individual quality and seemed to be on top...............then the goal. Whatever halftime talk Owers gives to the players, can he please stop? The second half was diabolical. Stupid mistakes at the back and, once again, we can't bloody score, despite Romain's best efforts. That was woeful stuff and the blame sits with the management duo and club owners.
TUST member 203
Tamargull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by Tamargull »

Bloody rubbish! As soon as we went one nil down it was all over. Players are supposed to be professional - well where is the professional pride? Harrop and the so- called management team, just leave. if we are to die. let us die with some self - respect. We are a proud club and NOBODY has the right to turn us into a joke.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

An absolute horror show. Bromley’s performance was so much better than ours it was embarrassing. We ticked along for the first 20/25 minutes, not looking awful but the difference between the two sides became increasingly clear. Bromley were well organised, kept their shape well and looked threatening every time they came forward. Then we began to melt down, the second half performance was as bad as I have seen in 50 years, shapeless, clueless, hopeless.

Our players looked like they hadn’t met before, which is of course partly true, but worse that than they appeared to have no game plan and clearly nobody had researched Bromley as far as I can see. I thought that was the manager’s job Mr Owers? Bromley walked through our defence at will, it was awful. Without some wonder saves by Clark we would have lost by a lot more. Our attacks were largely toothless, repeatedly running up against a brick wall. Romain tried hard, but he was on his own now most of the time, where was his support? Why the hell is Reid on the wing, has Owers lost the plot?

Absolutely shameful, Owers should resign tonight, as should Harrop. And as for our owner, he clearly has no shame. But they won’t, we have reached the end of a road built initially by the likes of Bill Phillips. I am so angry, I can’t put myself through that again.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

I imagine MK to be a bit of a cup thrower so my guess is that at half time, most weeks, MK throws a wobbler at the players and tells them how shit they are etc.

With these words ringing in their ears, they leave the dressing room with the thought "**** them and **** this club, I've only got a few weeks before my loan ends"..................and then they underperform even more in the second half.

There is a pattern, looking at recent home performances.

desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Not sure I can stomach any more of this, I left well before the end too and I rarely miss a home game
This is the lowest point in my 50 plus years watching Torquay
I am afraid Gary Owers is totally responsible, he has signed about 15 loan players nearly all of them young
kids , the latest such as Fletcher and O'Sullivan , lightweight and green, not their fault but not what we need,
cant the manager see that ? We are getting worse by the week under this management. We must start building
for next season now, and try and finish the season well, but dont think Owers is the man to do it
misstheolddays
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by misstheolddays »

Very sad and disappointed yet again with the result today. In fact, regardless of what anyone else says, each and every week we are gradually getting worse, and it should be obvious to all and sundry that we are now doomed. Too few games left and too many points needed. And to make matters worse, many of our rivals at the bottom are continually picking up points (remember my comments on Solihull Moors and their new manager with his progressive vision?) and most now have games in hand on us as well.