Wrexham v Torquay 6/1/18

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

We are doomed to relegation. Whoever the manager has been this season, Nicholson, Herrera or Owers the result has been the same - absolutely abject.

If anyone wants to see what we have in store next season go here http://www.trurocityfc.net/

and watch the highlights of their draw with Gloucester. How on earth can Truro be three points off the top of the table?. This league must be seriously awful.

In Gerring and Ed Palmer they look to playing Giant Haystacks and Shirley Crabtree in central defence - Gerring still looks a liability and Palmer looks like he weighs about 22 stone.

Perhaps its time to get a couple more legends in ie Hodges and Todd - if they can get Truro challenging for promotion than even such a basket case as us must stand a chance?

Given that Owers could only get Bath halfway up the league perhaps he wasn't the answer in the first place.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

You’re correct, Brucie. Nothing Owers had done as a manager prior to his arrival at Torquay, suggested he was the man to save us. The fact is we even stupidly poached him from another club. Paid compensation for him. His impact has been zero.

In much the same way it felt with Alan Knill, Owers and Torquay doesn’t feel like a natural match. You sense he has lost the dressing room and that only ever means one thing, so if he is going to leave soon, then may as well get it over with. He isn’t going to turn this around.

Harrop had one job to do and he took 6 weeks to do it but it was a dreadful appointment.
6667GULL
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'KANE

Post by 6667GULL »

Harrop did exactly what he was instructed to do make sure whoever was appointed would keep us in the bottom four until the end of the season and ensure relegation.
Football genius.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Highlights or lowlights for those interested

http://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/mat ... /1-2849755

Holroyd given the entire penalty area to score the first
Dorel being a muppet for the 2nd .
3rd the defence are backing off back into 2017
the penalty - why use your head when you can just raise your arm

They are all simple stupid mistakes

what do they do on the training ground
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

6667GULL wrote: 07 Jan 2018, 15:07 Harrop did exactly what he was instructed to do make sure whoever was appointed would keep us in the bottom four until the end of the season and ensure relegation.
Football genius.
Rumour was harrop actually wanted Ronnie Moore but Osbourne refused to pay what was needed to bring him in.
Oil Beef Hooked
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Chris Hargreaves
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Oil Beef Hooked »

I can’t bring myself to watch any highlights of yesterday’s game. It’s bad enough watching it live at Plainmoor every other week :red:

Personally, I think GO/ MK time is up.

- Results = dreadful
- Performances = embarrassing
- Improvements since their arrival = non-existent
- Additions to the squad since their arrival = poor
- League position = :@

I’m sure there’s more to add to the above, but I’m just about all done in with TUFC. The magic has simply gone. 5 years of successive fu(k ups on and off the pitch have meant that we deserve where we are. The club has simply not learnt anything during this time. They’ve gambled with our Football League status and failed, and now they’re gambling with our National League status. Maybe this IS their plan after all.

Now is the time for CO/ GI to show that if you truly want TUFC to be a successful football club, action is needed now whilst there is still a glimmer of hope.
Steve

:scarf: YELLOW ARMY :scarf:
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

TUST_Member_Rob wrote: 07 Jan 2018, 16:20the penalty - why use your head when you can just raise your arm
How can anyone above the age of eight justify doing that in their own penalty area?
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Can’t work out what Dorel was doing for that second goal at all.

There is a chance at around 2min 20 where the defending is criminal from start to finish.

Just looks like a horror show
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

After that surely Andresson's loan won't be renewed. He's been responsible for least a goal a game since he joined. He might have scored five in 16 appearances for Bath City last season but with us he 'helped' concede at least that number. He's a young lad trying to make it but playing in this side is doing him no favours.
On another tack I should think McGinty must be completely fed up with what's happening and wouldn't blame him if he left in this window.
As things stand, unless there's an influx of some fit-for-purpose professional footballers sadly I can't see us winning another game this season.
chestertorkyman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by chestertorkyman »

Just a word about the 2 new signings, having gone to the match yesterday. O'Sullivan looked useful, only time will tell if he is any better than what we already have. However, Fletcher was woeful - Easily pushed off the ball. But for a slight guy he should have been a nippy, alert worrier who might have had decent chances several times if he had been quicker and more alert - see the first Torquay attack on the highlights - he was reluctant to get stuck in at all. I'd send him back, I'm afraid.

Effete was our "best" player and even he gave away the first goal - nowhere to be seen!
But what are the Manager and Coach doing? Basics seem to be ignored by the players. Schoolboy howlers does not cover it.

And what was clearly required at half-time was the introduction of all three subs and a more attacking gameplan. Bringing Keating on for 20 mins is a waste of time, especially as he has also lost the spark of his first games when he forced defenders into all sorts of difficulties. But 3 changes may have made a difference.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Ower's quote "3-0 down the game’s over at half-time ... at half-time it was damage limitation".

I wonder if anyone knows how to get the link below to GO. It shows United mount a stunning comeback in 2012 after going 3-0 down to Aldershot Town, Mind you we had a half decent manager in Martin Ling at the time, whose knowledge of the game was never give up to the final whistle.

Damage Limitation -my arse!
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

I know my view may not be popular but I feel sorry for Gary Owers who has worked so hard to get some quality in to the squad only to be let down by players and their Agents.
When the team is rock bottom so many players are just not interested especially with our remote location.
Just a point on your post MellowYellow we were the Home side against Aldershot. Very rare the Away side comes back from 0-3.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Oil Beef Hooked wrote: 07 Jan 2018, 16:42 I can’t bring myself to watch any highlights of yesterday’s game. It’s bad enough watching it live at Plainmoor every other week :red:

- Results = dreadful

I’m sure there’s more to add to the above, but I’m just about all done in with TUFC. The magic has simply gone. 5 years of successive fu(k ups on and off the pitch have meant that we deserve where we are. The club has simply not learnt anything during this time. They’ve gambled with our Football League status and failed, and now they’re gambling with our National League status. Maybe this IS their plan after all.w

Now is the time for CO/ GI to show that if you truly want TUFC to be a successful football club, action is needed now whilst there is still a glimmer of hope.
You have hit the proverbial nail on the head 'oilbeef' your excellent comments are exactly how I feel about this effing football club, more's the pity.
Cruisinho
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Cruisinho »

Oil Beef Hooked wrote: 07 Jan 2018, 16:42 I can’t bring myself to watch any highlights of yesterday’s game. It’s bad enough watching it live at Plainmoor every other week :red:

- Results = dreadful

I’m sure there’s more to add to the above, but I’m just about all done in with TUFC. The magic has simply gone. 5 years of successive fu(k ups on and off the pitch have meant that we deserve where we are. The club has simply not learnt anything during this time. They’ve gambled with our Football League status and failed, and now they’re gambling with our National League status. Maybe this IS their plan after all.

Following on from this (and this is just my opinion), I think if a Phoenix club was ever set up I don’t think it would get the following others are expecting, mostly because of the depressing, heartbreaking decline of the club over the last 4-5 years. If torquay does go under, I am not sure I could follow another club. It would be like losing a loved one (again just an opinion).
goody2449
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: luke Young

Post by goody2449 »

TUST_Member_Rob wrote: 07 Jan 2018, 16:20 Highlights or lowlights for those interested

http://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/mat ... /1-2849755

Holroyd given the entire penalty area to score the first
Dorel being a muppet for the 2nd .
3rd the defence are backing off back into 2017
the penalty - why use your head when you can just raise your arm

They are all simple stupid mistakes

what do they do on the training ground
A painful watch!!