Wrexham v Torquay 6/1/18

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Goose9
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Goose9 »

CraigUnder wrote: 06 Jan 2018, 17:54 GO Interview: "Simple really, man marking at corner missing again just like last week" .. "Damage limitation at HT" .. "I'll get the stick tonight, but im not the one on the pitch" .. "Lets see how much everyone cares next week"

**** joke.
Didnt hear the interview but blaming the players is a risky move when he's lost the fans and possibly the players respect already.

By the way we're playing I suspect he's lost the dressing room and morale is certainly at an all time low.

These are dark, dark times for the club.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

nickbrod wrote: 06 Jan 2018, 18:01 But it's the first time Owers has referred publicly to the team building in the summer being the problem.
Doesn't stop you trying to attack another team when 3 down at half time though does it? No matter who the personnel. They are all supposed to be professional footballers not frigging school kids.

Also he has a duty to those who went to the game and gave up their time, money and sanity to give it a go regardless.

He drinks that yellow stuff in tins...
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Yorkieandy wrote: 06 Jan 2018, 17:51 Did you manage to get there today Chris?
fortunately not Andy. :@
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Jack
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: John Rudge

Post by Jack »

At least Martin Kuhl will have a back up job waiting for him on a building site when he is shown the door at Plainmor.
:lol: :lol:

I don't really know whether I should feel sorry for him and Gary Owers - were they sold a pup, have they been unlucky with recruitment or have they just messed up big time?
goody2449
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: luke Young

Post by goody2449 »

He's a joke of a manager, and so is his lapdog, meant to be a terrier, Kuhl! they are both taking the p*ss out of our club. I hope he's a good bricky, cos he's a crap football coach!! Owers is a fraud. AND YES I firmly believe most of what we've seen this season is their fault along with GI and Fat Harrop for taking so long to appoint this fools. Yates at Solihull or Cox at Barrow either would have been better!!!
Last edited by goody2449 on 06 Jan 2018, 18:09, edited 1 time in total.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 06 Jan 2018, 18:07 fortunately not Andy. :@
surely it should be :clap: ?

Dodged one there.

You going Macc?
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

The signings in the summer were indeed poor; the signings made by Owers have been even worse. The reason he has the job here was because the signings made in the summer were poor and caused his predecessor to get the sack. He was brought in to make things better. He hasn’t and has shown he is nothing more than a mediocre Conference South Manager, unable to arrest the slide and decline.

Even Nicholson, with less resources, managed to turn it around two years ago. This clown has shown no indication of being able to do so and may as well go. It doesn’t matter; it’s too late anyway, so there’s no chance we’re staying up with Owers in charge. May as well give someone else a go.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Yorkieandy wrote: 06 Jan 2018, 18:09 surely it should be :clap: ?

Dodged one there.

You going Macc?
that ( :@ ) was for the poor souls that were there.....

yes im going to Macc mate.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024

TUST Member 468

westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

What a response from owers ...people have won games from 3 nil down half time...given up like the rest of us
goody2449
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by goody2449 »

goody2449 wrote: 06 Jan 2018, 18:09 He's a joke of a manager, and so is his lapdog, meant to be a terrier, Kuhl! they are both taking the p*ss out of our club. I hope he's a good bricky, cos he's a crap football coach!! Owers is a fraud. AND YES I firmly believe most of what we've seen this season is their fault along with GI and Fat Harrop for taking so long to appoint this fools. Yates at Solihull or Cox at Barrow either would have been better!!!
:goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost:
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

hector wrote: 06 Jan 2018, 18:11 The signings in the summer were indeed poor; the signings made by Owers have been even worse. The reason he has the job here was because the signings made in the summer were poor and caused his predecessor to get the sack. He was brought in to make things better. He hasn’t and has shown he is nothing more than a mediocre Conference South Manager, unable to arrest the slide and decline.

Even Nicholson, with less resources, managed to turn it around two years ago. This clown has shown no indication of being able to do so and may as well go. It doesn’t matter; it’s too late anyway, so there’s no chance we’re staying up with Owers in charge. May as well give someone else a go.
Totally agree get shot of the 2x useless cretins...... Give someone else a chance......If GO ticked all the boxes for the comedians who recruited him??? can you imagine the others that applied !!!!

Needs a Martin Allen type character as has been said before......mmm I wonder what he is doing at the moment ? :ping:
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

He’s lost the team, it’s honest got worse these last few weeks. Before this we could see a little fight and passion. Now it just honestly feels just like the way it felt in Nichole final days when he lost the team.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

goody2449 wrote: 06 Jan 2018, 18:09 He's a joke of a manager, and so is his lapdog, meant to be a terrier, Kuhl! they are both taking the p*ss out of our club. I hope he's a good bricky, cos he's a crap football coach!! Owers is a fraud. AND YES I firmly believe most of what we've seen this season is their fault along with GI and Fat Harrop for taking so long to appoint this fools. Yates at Solihull or [highlight=yellow]Cox at Barrow [/highlight]either would have been better!!!
er you mean Guiseley..... :}

TUST Member 468

goody2449
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by goody2449 »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 06 Jan 2018, 18:36 er you mean Guiseley..... :}
Haha yeah, must have been the anger in me!! or just the bloke from the local chippy, even he would have more passion!!
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

This is what osborne wants nothing will change.