Wrexham v Torquay 6/1/18

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Wrexham v Torquay 6/1/18

Post by lucy6lucy »

Well where do you start. 10 points adrift, multiple player exodus, morale is gun dust, north wales is recovering from an Atlantic storm. Roll on Wrexham who are equally pushing for promotion (they always try and believe every season anyway). Will the players be up to a relegation scrap, I doubt they are. The scenario is bleak. Suddenly we have made two promising signings who could make an impact. If ever, we where to get 3 points from Wrexham this is the golden opportunity, barrow managed a 3-3 on news Years day. They will be under pressure from there supporters to win.however when reality falls into place, I can see nothing other than
a Wrexham win. I will be there with 3 others. It will just be another game closer to Conf south .

3-0 Wrexham
Lucy
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

No experience with new players one on a 28 day loan ???

Nothing to be excited about won't make any difference
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Another limp loss I'm afraid 0-2
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Actually, I think we might scrape a draw. Thus:

Wrexham (0) 1
Torquay United (1) 1

Att: 3009
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

A draw away to Wrexham would be a good result with this newly formed squad of players.
Wrexham have built their season on their defence. With Davey and Sponge Bob Square Pants gone our new defensive lineup will be the key to getting any sort of result tomorrow and the rest of the season come to that.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

All I can see is an almighty drubbing. Morale at an all-time low both on and off the pitch. Players disappearing left-right-and-centre. Two raw recruits who won't even have time to learn the other 'players' names before kick-off. Wrecsam on a good streak and aiming for automatic promotion. Long trek to bleak North Wales. All does not bode well. And if we 'play' (sic) like we did at Borehamwood this could be very embarrassing indeed.

7-0 home win.
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Think you'll find both Fletcher and O'Sullivan joined in with the others training yesterday and presumably today.
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by United62 »

nickbrod wrote: 05 Jan 2018, 12:25 Think you'll find both Fletcher and O'Sullivan joined in with the others training yesterday and presumably today.
I didn't actually mean that literally Nick... more a case of them not really getting to know their fellow team mates (and the way they are supposed to play) before a ball is kicked in anger on Saturday.
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

I’m feeling a 4 -1 victory for the Welsh .
I wouldn’t be surprised if a few more of our players disappear after the coach journey back like Gnayoubou.
We are not getting out of this and it’s like watching an injured animal suffer week in week out.
If we are to go down I for one would prefer it over and done with quickly . If it went to the last game of the season and then we lost and got relegated ..... can you imagine how pants that would be.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Plainmoor78 »

If we still in with a shout on the last day of the season that means we would have made up a lot of ground and should be one of the form sides. So I for one certainly do not wish for a quick end, we keep going until all hope is lost.
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 05 Jan 2018, 15:53 If we still in with a shout on the last day of the season that means we would have made up a lot of ground and should be one of the form sides. So I for one certainly do not wish for a quick end, we keep going until all hope is lost.
Plainmoor I said if we are to go down not that I actually want us too. Of course we could end up taking it to the last day .its just that I think it would make it feel a lot worse if it were that close .
Unless we get an instant cure to our troubles up top we won’t have to worry about any last day heroics.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Wrexham will no doubt put the 3-3 draw on NYD to bed and run riot over the shambles also known as Torquay United Association Football Club, too many things contriving against us to make me think we can get anything from this game so ...
Wrexham (2) 5
Torquay (0) 1
Att 3542 (101 yellow army)
HockeyGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by HockeyGull »

Although Wrexham were unimpressive at Plainmoor earlier in the season I was amazed that they are on offer at Evens to win tomorrow's match. Even my ever 'Glass half full ' outlook cannot see anything other than a resounding Wrexham win.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

got a bad feeling about today.... :-/
feel that I should ring the police and tell them that a murder is about to be committed.... :devil:

hats off to the TUFC fans attending. :bow: :clap:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 06 Jan 2018, 12:35 got a bad feeling about today.... :-/
feel that I should ring the police and tell them that a murder is about to be committed.... :devil:

hats off to the TUFC fans attending. :bow: :clap:
Yep I got to echo that , if anybody deserves a bit of cheering up it's the fantastic fans who follow this bunch of serial losers all over the country, I just don't know where they get their dedication from, so if for no one else but the supporters let's hope we can snatch a lucky win but I'm not going to change my 5-1 prediction to Wrexham ,sorry.