Torquay v Eastleigh 13/01/2018 (PP)

Matchday topics are moved here for easier viewing.

Burnhamgull
Player Coach
Player Coach
Posts: 1056
Joined: 05 Sep 2010, 08:11
Location: Paignton now.....
Contact:

Torquay v Eastleigh 13/01/2018 (PP)

Post by Burnhamgull » 13 Jan 2018, 18:48

markw wrote:
13 Jan 2018, 18:10
It's the hope that kills isn't it , for periods of the game we were popping the ball around on the floor , 1 and 2 touch football, and we looked good , But , it's the lack of a focal point , not necessarily a big target man , but a forward who knows where and more importantly when to make the runs . I still hoped that even 2-1 we could come back , which we should have but...

I can understand the frustration , we all are , we have been served this rubbish for the last 5/6 years , but venting that frustration at the players , albeit at the end doesn't help , This frustration needs to be focuses at the literny of inexcusable boards , or now owner who have settled for "just enough" , just enough funds, just enough experienced players and managers.

will I be back next week, probably , will I hope we can win , yep , will I hope we can stay up , yes .... It's that hope again ....
I'll be back next week too but only because I've got a ST and have already paid for the game.

The big question is how many people will attend next season, if we are in NL South? I won't be. Time for a break again.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.


Burnhamgull
Player Coach
Player Coach
Posts: 1056
Joined: 05 Sep 2010, 08:11
Location: Paignton now.....
Contact:

Post by Burnhamgull » 13 Jan 2018, 18:51

arcadia wrote:
13 Jan 2018, 18:31
Played reasonably well but we lack at centre half the new lad relies on his positional sense but on odd occasions it let him down and his lack of pace let him down but he is a good solid player. The team had a lack of balance but once they settled down we started to play well.
Who ever gave Jamie Reid the ball for the penalty should hang their head he would be the last person to give the ball to. :@
I don't think anybody else stepped up and that's the problem. We have no leaders, nobody who wants the responsibility or opportunity to score a goal and run to the popside kissing the badge etc to show passion. We have a bunch of low paid mercenaries who really don't care about the history of the club or the threat of the club closing down.

How many of those players today really gave a shit about a minutes silence for Cedric Munslow???
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

User avatar

Lloyder5
Team Captain
Team Captain
Posts: 615
Joined: 05 Sep 2010, 16:51
Location: Newton Abbot

Post by Lloyder5 » 13 Jan 2018, 18:52

A game of what ifs. Carved out a good chance early on, which should have been scored. When they scored, I thought that was it and we would cave. But we got ourselves back into the game and I was quite impressed with that. Once we had established ourselves we dominated up until they got their second. The atmosphere started to turn then and did once the penalty was missed. Eastleigh wasted time and we never really managed to create any momentum in the closing stages.

With regard to McGinty, a few players came over to the Popside. George Dowling first and the abuse started. He made a calm down gesture. McGinty followed clapping the crowd and when he heard the swearing and saw the gestures he said, 'That doesn't help', when it persisted he swore back. Unprofessional, you might say, but it was quite vitriolic and he had worked hard and is a passionate player. A few scuffles broke out as some remonstrated with those voicing their opinions in that way. Sad end really.
TUST number 080


divingbboy
Team Captain
Team Captain
Posts: 559
Joined: 05 Sep 2010, 14:06
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy » 13 Jan 2018, 19:02

What an awful game. Reid was shocking. I don't understand why Owers is persisting with him and why in god's name was he taking the bloody penalty!? Nicho was sat a few seats away from me and I have to say that it made me wonder what might have been had GI not had it in for him.
TUST member 203


kerswellgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Posts: 14
Joined: 07 Jan 2013, 13:31
Favourite player: Howe

Post by kerswellgull » 13 Jan 2018, 19:08

At least McGintey was showed passion, who needs some asshole observers making obnoxious comments and gestures
On the penalty I was in line with the line, not convinced it was a foul anyway and it was definitely outside the area, but would take anything at this stage
Can anybody tell me why when we bring on a small supposedly speedy winger (Mitchell) we play him in the centre and push the most aggressive attacking mid-fielder (Dowling) onto the wing


desperado
Star Player
Star Player
Posts: 369
Joined: 21 Jan 2017, 19:03
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado » 13 Jan 2018, 19:10

Wasn't Nichos greatest fan, but you have to say he could hardly have done any worse
Regarding Reid, he is our penalty taker and has taken the last 4 , scored 3 but never convincingly


Modgull
Team Captain
Team Captain
Posts: 838
Joined: 04 Sep 2010, 23:13
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Location: Modbury

Post by Modgull » 13 Jan 2018, 19:32

This was a much better performance than recently but same old result.

18 attempts but only 5 on target, including a saved pen. Beaten by a team that had only three or four attempts but scored twice. That is a sign of a team that is doomed to relegation. Even the manager sounds increasingly resigned to that fate.

I too am getting more and more resigned to relegation. Can't see how this can be turned round. Like others I will not be renewing my ST and nor will I attend games to see regional football. Not too long to put up with the agony now - I expect us to be all but down by the end of February.
Phil

It's a marathon, not a sprint but sometimes even marathons are a foregone conclusion!


DevonBee
On the Bench
On the Bench
Posts: 19
Joined: 01 Jan 2018, 17:53
Favourite player: lee mansell
Location: exmouth

Post by DevonBee » 13 Jan 2018, 19:44

Howler from Clarke......once again not sure why he was in the side ? ask Owers ? despite the howler I am not sure why the guy that scored was given the freedom of Plainmoor through the centre without a challenge ???????
Great strike from Young neat and tidy,
Generally I thought our play and build up was ok, same old story we can`t finish !!! On top and we then get punished, heads drop but we get the chance with a pen. Reid WTF is he taking them, he was having a shite game anyway !!!!!!

Likewise saw Nicho in the stands and yes I am sure he could motivate this lot better than the current dynamic duo !!!!!!!!!!!!!


DevonBee
On the Bench
On the Bench
Posts: 19
Joined: 01 Jan 2018, 17:53
Favourite player: lee mansell
Location: exmouth

Post by DevonBee » 13 Jan 2018, 19:52

Lloyder5 wrote:
13 Jan 2018, 18:52
A game of what ifs. Carved out a good chance early on, which should have been scored. When they scored, I thought that was it and we would cave. But we got ourselves back into the game and I was quite impressed with that. Once we had established ourselves we dominated up until they got their second. The atmosphere started to turn then and did once the penalty was missed. Eastleigh wasted time and we never really managed to create any momentum in the closing stages.

With regard to McGinty, a few players came over to the Popside. George Dowling first and the abuse started. He made a calm down gesture. McGinty followed clapping the crowd and when he heard the swearing and saw the gestures he said, 'That doesn't help', when it persisted he swore back. Unprofessional, you might say, but it was quite vitriolic and he had worked hard and is a passionate player. A few scuffles broke out as some remonstrated with those voicing their opinions in that way. Sad end really.
Missed all this as i could not take anymore after 85 minutes. At least McGinty works hard and shows some passion......but yes unproffessional to react.
HE is as pi33ed off with all this as the rest of us. :@


Teigngull
First Team
First Team
Posts: 209
Joined: 12 Nov 2017, 14:22
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher
Location: TUST MEMBER 488

Post by Teigngull » 13 Jan 2018, 20:17

Burnhamgull wrote:
13 Jan 2018, 18:48
[quote=markw post_id=218446 time=1515867050

The big question is how many people will attend next season, if we are in NL South? I won't be. Time for a break again.
Oh dear how fickle, oops let's not upset DB57 et all with such derogatory comments !


DevonYellow
Team Captain
Team Captain
Posts: 682
Joined: 31 May 2011, 13:07
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow » 13 Jan 2018, 22:18

Teigngull wrote:
13 Jan 2018, 20:17
Burnhamgull wrote:
13 Jan 2018, 18:48
[quote=markw post_id=218446 time=1515867050

The big question is how many people will attend next season, if we are in NL South? I won't be. Time for a break again.
Oh dear how fickle, oops let's not upset DB57 et all with such derogatory comments !
Now that would be fickle wouldn't it?

Bit like boycotting home games and rocking up at Buckland. Oopsl!!!!


Teigngull
First Team
First Team
Posts: 209
Joined: 12 Nov 2017, 14:22
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher
Location: TUST MEMBER 488

Post by Teigngull » 13 Jan 2018, 22:31

Touche, but I never I said I wasn't fickle, in fact I'm as fickle as they come believe it or not, Torquay or Buckland, Tesco or Saintsbury's ? You pays your money & takes your choice. X


DevonYellow
Team Captain
Team Captain
Posts: 682
Joined: 31 May 2011, 13:07
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow » 13 Jan 2018, 22:32

Teigngull wrote:
13 Jan 2018, 22:31
Touche, but I never I said I wasn't fickle, in fact I'm as fickle as they come believe it or not, Torquay or Buckland, Tesco or Saintsbury's ? You pays your money & takes your choice. X
Ha ha! Glad you took it the way intended!


Burnhamgull
Player Coach
Player Coach
Posts: 1056
Joined: 05 Sep 2010, 08:11
Location: Paignton now.....
Contact:

Post by Burnhamgull » 13 Jan 2018, 23:15

Teigngull wrote:
13 Jan 2018, 22:31
Touche, but I never I said I wasn't fickle, in fact I'm as fickle as they come believe it or not, Torquay or Buckland, Tesco or Saintsbury's ? You pays your money & takes your choice. X
Exactly, we all have a choice and sadly the club is losing supporters because of the way it's been run the past few years.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.


Yorkieandy
Team Captain
Team Captain
Posts: 997
Joined: 07 Apr 2015, 00:05
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy » 14 Jan 2018, 00:32

Burnhamgull wrote:
13 Jan 2018, 23:15
Teigngull wrote:
13 Jan 2018, 22:31
Touche, but I never I said I wasn't fickle, in fact I'm as fickle as they come believe it or not, Torquay or Buckland, Tesco or Saintsbury's ? You pays your money & takes your choice. X
Exactly, we all have a choice and sadly the club is losing supporters because of the way it's been run the past few years.
:goodpost:

I think immense credit has to go to the Torquay supporters here. Not only has the footy and results been dogsh*te for years now but the club has been run into the ground with a succession of owners, backroom staff and players laughing at fans yet 1,500 ish regularly.
At last! A TUST member!

Post Reply