Torquay v Boreham Wood

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

FT 2-0
bugger.
need to beat Eastleigh now.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

It does look like that depressingly its all up I am afraid. A nothing game - beaten by a team who can't muster 400 supporters.

We just cannot score a goal. To top that the game is snuffed out by a referee who gives a penalty when we were in possession of the ball at the time.

Conference South here we come.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Just how many shots did Grant Smith in the home goal have to touch never mind save? Poor, poor, poor.
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

I know it is pie in the sky but we really need to clear out the entire forward line and replace all 5 of them. None have the ability to score more than 1 goal every 5/6 games - None are good enough for the league below!
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

Are we going to get a match report saying we played really well and didn’t deserve to lose ?
I don’t think I could stomach it and after umpteen games with these two at the helm we are miles away from safety .
Owers and kuhl are no way better than Nicho who at least kept us in this league . What is the win ratio now ?
I’m starting to give serious thought about those on this forum who believe that the owners want us to go down . That’s why they appointed these two after such careful consideration. Genius !
Cruisinho
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Cruisinho »

I know this is a match day thread, but if we do get relegated this season. Who would actually now watch the team in conference south?
Bert
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: nico

Post by Bert »

not me.after 50 odd years that would be the end
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

nickbrod wrote: 30 Dec 2017, 16:55 Just how many shots did Grant Smith in the home goal have to touch never mind save? Poor, poor, poor.
Absolutely no point in him being there, he could have stayed at home in the warm and sill not conceded!

Absolutely gutless performace! We looked truly awful and deserve to go down on games like that! To make matters worse, Solihull won. **** brilliant end to the year.

Only player that can come out with any credibility from that was Gosling. Thought he actually looked okay and still not fully fit.

If I was Owers I would be straight on the blower to every available striker in the UK, Reid and Keating will not get us out of this mess and what his issue with starting Guy is I do not know!
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

A Tier 5 defence with a Tier 6 strikeforce.
The Great Escape III is a meer pipe dream.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by Forest gull »

Solihull winning helped us out, as it took points off others around us
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by desperado »

Simply not good enough Mr Owers and Mr Kuhl. This is a results business and you are not delivering
17 points from 17 games, bloody awful, you carry the can.Maybe next season you can build a team to win
the Nat South but I am not holding my breath , you inspire no confidence whatsoever and you were brought
in with 36 games left to achieve survival. To read from someone there that it was a gutless performance is
alarming , never mind going on about the officials and the penalty, we didnt make their keeper make a save
for Christs sake ! Pity we didnt appoint Aspin who went to Port Vale. Another reaction on monday ? Sick of that line
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Owers going spastic at the officials. Dorel had ball in his hands. Their player runs into our defender and linesman gives a penalty.

Same lino can give a penalty from sixty yards away but on two occasions in game couldn't see from two yards that the ball was out of play twice (three yards out of play)

He shouldn't be doing it (linesman) - he is only a young lad but he should be somewhere else.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

You say that but if we get that decision its 1 -1 not a 2-0 defeat.

Its a lunatic decision, even the commentators were alluding to the ball being well out of play a couple of times. Inept officials I can tolerate but the law of averages would surely dictate that we shouldn't be on the arse end of every decision game in game out - its hardly helping matters.
bornagull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: matt elliot

Post by bornagull »

5 hour drive there and the same back to watch that s&"t. Their goalie could have had a picnic. No idea, no bottle, no pride , both the management and the players need to take a long hard look at what's going on because none of them are going to ever be offered a professional football contact on that performance. I know I've said it before but all 4 of us in the car just can't see what Reid brings to the table. Unlike Nicholson I don't what a headless chicken who works his socks off and achieves nothing I want players who at the very least give the opponents goalie something to do.
Anyway rant over bring on Eastleigh
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by desperado »

I agree every sodding thing is going against us this season , even Eastleigh equalising in the last minute,
but at the end of the day if we are not picking up the points it doesnt matter what the other teams do, if we
do not get near 50 points we will be relegated . Owers is even saying 50-53......... 53 ! he is in dreamland
even 50 now is 8 wins 6 draws 5 defeats