Torquay v Boreham Wood

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Torquay v Boreham Wood

Post by budegull1954 »

Obviously Boring Wood are expecting trouble from the drunken and unruly Gulls fans who will probably make up about half their 'crowd'. Another 1-1 bore draw for me I'm afraid.

http://www.borehamwoodfootballclub.co.u ... n-2-2-2-2/
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

I agree, a draw. Thus:

Boreham Wood (1) 1
Torquay United (0) 1

Att: 700.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

budegull1954 wrote: 28 Dec 2017, 18:52 Obviously Boring Wood are expecting trouble from the drunken and unruly Gulls fans who will probably make up about half their 'crowd'.
Nohing to do with anticipating trouble; just adhering to their safety advisory group, safety officer, chief steward and the Herts Constabulary as all clubs at this level have to. They have to do this for any game with a significant away following anticipated.

There's never any problem there; the ground is just off the town centre with plenty of pubs and places to eat and the seated accommodation for away fans is as good as you'll get anywhere.

The idiot who threw that yellow smoke bomb at Eastleigh could have a finger pointed at them though couldn't they; and more serious are the disturbing reports of racist comments being made by somebody in the away end. I thought we had grown out of this sort of thing and perhaps those who raise such a hue and cry whenever the distaste of racist thoughts, comments or attitudes are raised as if TQ1 is an oasis from such bigotry should re-visit their response to such observations.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Torquay fans Barred from boreham wood club house, The world has gone mental. But as merse has nicely stated there are numerous bars nearby. We will win tomorrow
Lucy
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

They're not 'barred' ~ it is of such limited size there's not room for them!

Why make an issue of something that simply doesn't exist?

When they build their new stand there will be plenty of room for all; in the meantime; there isn't. Simples!
Last edited by merse btpir on 29 Dec 2017, 22:30, edited 1 time in total.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by lucy6lucy »

merse btpir wrote: 29 Dec 2017, 21:36 They're not 'barred' ~ it is of such limited size there's not room for them!

Why make an issue of something that simply doesn't exist?

When they build their new stand there will be plenty of room for all; in he meantime; there isn't. Simples!
The boreham wood official site stated away supporters will not be allowed entry. So that suggests we are barred from entry. Regardless of bar size, FC flyde operate a very similar policy on occupation levels, but don't distinguish between home/away fans. Just first in basis
Lucy
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

Why make an issue of it; the place is tiny ~ I know, I use it regularly when watching development games there. Would YOU like it if 'your' bar at Plainmoor was so full of away fans you couldn't get served or use it in comfort?

I think Boreham Wood are merely looking after the regular patronage they have......AFC Fylde have built a much bigger facility than Boreham Wood currently have which only has a licensed capacity of 100 or so.

Tell me ~ as I don't know the answer to this ~ are away fans granted entry to Number Tens at Plainmoor or just 'Boots' downstairs?

Boreham Wood have achieved three promotions in ten years or so and the whole place is unrecognisable to how I initially remember it. This is a somewhat 'hybrid' league of upwardly mobile little clubs and rotting old dinosaurs like ourselves and if you can't take that on board then only go to the matches at the bigger stadiums if what they provide is not up to your expectations.

What you'll be missing
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by lucy6lucy »

[quote="merse btpir" post_id=216923 time=1514585496 user_id=23969]
Why make an issue of it; the place is tiny ~ I know, I use it regularly when watching development games there. Would YOU like it if 'your' bar at Plainmoor was so full of away fans you couldn't get served or use it in comfort?

I think Boreham Wood are merely looking after the regular patronage they have......AFC Fylde have built a much bigger facility than Boreham Wood currently have which only has a licensed capacity of 100 or so.

Tell me ~ as I don't know the answer to this ~ are away fans granted entry to Number Tens at Plainmoor or just 'Boots' downstairs?

Boreham Wood have achieved three promotions in ten years or so and the whole place is unrecognisable to how I initially remember it. This is a somewhat 'hybrid' league of upwardly mobile little clubs and rotting old dinosaurs like ourselves and if you can't take that on board then only go to the matches at the bigger stadiums if what they provide is not up to your expectations.

What you'll be missing
[/quote

I’m not making it an issue, just merely stating that any Torquay fan is not welcome, ok not allowed entry into the bar , if that’s not being barred please explain why not. F.C. flyde bar has a capacity of 250. Regarding Torquay I’ve no idea, other than you struggle to get served. But I do live 250 miles away.
Lucy
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Apart from the occasional wandering directors from the away side I don't recall any away fans in Number Ten.
withawhy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by withawhy »

nickbrod wrote: 30 Dec 2017, 09:18 Apart from the occasional wandering directors from the away side I don't recall any away fans in Number Ten.
Hardly surprising - as access is only through the Family stand and also, therefore, for those in Bristow's Bench and the Pop side - all for home supporters only!
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

lucy6lucy wrote: 29 Dec 2017, 23:13just merely stating that any Torquay fan is not welcome, ok not allowed entry into the bar , if that’s not being barred please explain why not.
Having been the licensee who held the licences for Torquay United at one time, I can tell you there is a whole lot of difference between being barred and being excluded from entry due to capacity issues.

If you get to Meadow Park too late today and can't get in due to he fact it is full to capacity :lol: you will not have been barred you will have been told that you can't get in because there is no room for you.

But never mind Lucy; if you are still in the pub at kick-off time and the Boreham Wood chairman gets to hear of it; maybe he'll send a car round and collect you ~ not because he feels sorry for you; but because he has a business to run and needs your admission money just like he needs to maximise cash flow over that bar in the ground raher than minimise it because nobody can get near the ruddy thing!
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

Line up: Dorel; Efete, Davey, McGinty, Andresson, Davis; Young, Lathrope, Gosling; Reid, Keating
Subs: Clarke, Pittman, Gnabouyou, Myrie-Williams
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

4 subs or a BBC error?! I'd love to see Pittman and Gnabouyou starting instead of Reid and Keating! We've been really good at keeping the goals on the bench over the past few seasons!
aldershotgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by aldershotgull »

Bristol_Gull wrote: 30 Dec 2017, 14:49 4 subs or a BBC error?! I'd love to see Pittman and Gnabouyou starting instead of Reid and Keating! We've been really good at keeping the goals on the bench over the past few seasons!
4 subs mate. Higgins not involved again, 2 defenders on suspensions.
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

aldershotgull wrote: 30 Dec 2017, 14:52 4 subs mate. Higgins not involved again, 2 defenders on suspensions.
GREAT! :aww: