Torquay v Boreham Wood

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Teigngull wrote: 30 Dec 2017, 20:56 Keep dreaming ,the club is dying [highlight=yellow]no amount of tub thumping from far away fans[/highlight] will stop the unfortunate demise of our fine club whilst RSI have any involvement in the running of. Just look at their history for Christ's sake or are you another one of the rose tinted glasses brigade who think it will never happen look at Hereford, Stockport,Darlington et al . Gates are dwindling the footballs crap its an awful way to spend a Saturday afternoon never mind a cold tues eve in dec watching your team consitently give it all away cheaply.
I think this, (as I'm one of these fans - but not a tubthumper) is harsh.
I'd love to come to every home game - but 4 1/2 hrs each way in the car and £50 of diesel is a bit much....
with regard to gates, they have been falling for a while in L1 & L2 as well as the NL.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

aldershotgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by aldershotgull »

Teigngull wrote: 30 Dec 2017, 20:56 Gates are dwindling
Already proven otherwise but keep spouting nonsense...
Keep dreaming ,the club is dying no amount of tub thumping from far away fans
Cheap shot based on a handle that is out of date?
the footballs crap
This we will agree on. It is awful but won't stop me going.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Agree with all the above comments but Owers can only use the players he's inherited plus the stop gaps he brought in to plug holes. Yes he's not turned it around as we all hoped but given a blank sheet and backing I reckon he and Kuhl could produce a competitive side, even if it has to be in National South.
aldershotgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by aldershotgull »

merse btpir wrote: 30 Dec 2017, 20:55 Effective strikers are there in the levels below the National League but our previous management were telling all and sundry it was pointless getting off their arses and scouting them. Where do you think clubs like Dagenham, Boreham Wood and Bromley get them from?
I would argue being located near London helps attract players somewhat but I get the point.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by desperado »

A competitive side in the the Nat South is not enough Nick it has to be a title winning side !
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Should it come to pass, winning more in a season than losing would be a start towards re-building. Title winning would be a big, big bonus.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Luke Garrard confirms that penalty arose when the nearside lino informed the referee ~ more than likely via the two-way radio.
http://bwfctv.co.uk/interviews/luke-gar ... -united-2/
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

brucie wrote: 30 Dec 2017, 17:38 Owers going spastic at the officials. Dorel had ball in his hands. Their player runs into our defender and linesman gives a penalty.

Same lino can give a penalty from sixty yards away but on two occasions in game couldn't see from two yards that the ball was out of play twice (three yards out of play)

He shouldn't be doing it (linesman) - he is only a young lad but he should be somewhere else.
At least we can look forward to seeing it on the question of sport, "what happened next" in a few years.
Lucy
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

http://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/mat ... eos/121548

The penalty is a farcical decision.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Christ. Should be struck off for that decision. Appalling.

Love the way he puffs his chest out when confronted by the Torquay players as if to say, "i'm the ref and i can do what the f*ck i like".

Then puts his hands on his hips briefly as if to do an Alan Partridge........."I'M BATMAN!!" :clap:
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Alex Davey gives a bit of afters - strikes or attempts to strike the player with his elbow and then trips or attempts to trip him - direct free kick! Offence occurs within our penalty area - penalty awarded. Appears to me the ref/lineman called it correctly. Rather than criticise the officials, should we not be pointing the finger at Alex Davey who's act of retribution for his poor man marking that gave the free header for Boreham's first goal, just backfired!
Last edited by MellowYellow on 31 Dec 2017, 11:52, edited 2 times in total.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

It was a penalty. Davey retaliated in the penalty area. Utterly stupid.

Why also, does the team persist in the ridiculous strategy from kick off of booting the ball up in the air and as far as they can down the left wing? They did it under Nicholson. Has Owers not noticed they do it? They give away possession every single time. It’s brainless.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Retaliated to a foul by the opponent so free kick to Torquay. The ref didn't see that presumably because he's an arsehole.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

The observations relating both to Davey's double whammy contribution to the scoreline and Young's persistent pissing away of possession from re-starts are both indicative of just why this team is struggling............as I have said before ~ born and serial losers. Get rid!!!!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

How is it a penalty for Christ sake? Andrade pulls Davey by the leg and then shoulder barges him. If you want to be pedantic there are two fouls by Andrade.
So you can quite merrily run into a player and shoulder barge him when the opposition have the ball. Its football not **** Roller Derby - its a ludicrous decision.