Torquay United v Maidstone FA Trophy

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Dont think signing another novice inexperienced centre back was the answer, however highly rated potentially he is ,we already had Davey and Efete,
and McGinty is not exactly an old head even if he has played a fair amount of games, if Gowling is not going to
be fit, we need a 'Guy Branston ' type in there - we need some real fight and guts from the team
dennisk
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ernie Pym

Post by dennisk »

I couldn't get to Plainmoor yesterday, and saw the Sutton V Truro match. My god, Sutton were poor! Just over 500 hundred there too. A last minute (undeserved) goal, spared Sutton a mid-week replay.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Andresson is potentially a very good player the problem on Saturday was he had Williams as the wide player alongside him at Tranmere he played well in the centre. I expect McGinty did not fancy it as we don't have a left sided wing back. Have we won with Gowling?
Dockers Pal
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Chris Hargreaves

Post by Dockers Pal »

Gowling was in the the Ebbsfleet and Maidenhead XIs. As was Higgins incidentally.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Arcadia I am surprised at a knowledgeable fellow like you querying our results with Gowling in the side !
Have a look at our goals conceded with him in the side and with him out of the side, there is no comparison
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Respect you view and don't disagree with it really. My own feeling is it takes time , it will take someone else time too. We don't have buckets of money to fix short term failings by bringing established players to out club. Myself for one would be happy to say that owers and krul will get us minimum safe this season. Last 8 league games have shown me and I've personally seen 2 games that there is promise. Last 2 games have not gone well but we must stick with it and be positive. Every game is important and we all must keep good karma over Christmas and let's hope we can get 3 good results. This all takes time and patience. Gary owers and krul will keep us up this season , I've no doubt what so ever !!!!!!!!