Torquay United v Maidstone FA Trophy

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Dockers Pal
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Chris Hargreaves

Post by Dockers Pal »

Since the introduction of Andresson to our defence we have shipped 8 goals. And he was much desired by GO and MK!! Good move
Oil Beef Hooked
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Chris Hargreaves
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Oil Beef Hooked »

Rjc70 wrote: 16 Dec 2017, 17:02 How were the crowd at the end?
The crowd was surprisingly subdued. I think the reality of our situation is starting to sink in with many fans.
Steve

:scarf: YELLOW ARMY :scarf:
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

So pleased I didn’t go after last Tuesdays shockingly bad performanceI decided to miss it! Anyway at least “we’re not rubbish anymore”
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Angry doesn’t begin to describe how I feel. This team are a fecking disgrace. Shame on them.
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

Is there anyone still out there among our fans that actually think we are better off with these two than KN.
Regardless of whether you are in the yes or no camp it’s worth remembering that we weren’t forced not a quick appointment due to KNs sudden departure . It took 4 weeks to end up where we are now with a management duo whose record so far is underwhelming to say the least.
I wasn’t at today’s game s cannot comment on whether our shape was good, our fitness improved , and desire to win evident.
But on what I saw on Tuesday and from today’s reports this will be our greatest ever escape if we can turn this around.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

What interests me is the attendance figure: 804. Now I was at the Crewe game in 1985 when the attendance was 850. I thought that this was the lowest ever, but 804 must be the record. This speaks volumes (more than a 0-4 defeat) about the long-term decline of the club. And when you think (tomogull, stefano, gateman will all back me up here) of the 12000 (yes, friends, that's twelve THOUSAND) for ordinary league games in 1967/68/69 then you can underastand what I mean.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Just got back to Teignmouth, after witnessing one of the the most abject performances I have ever seen , everybody on that pitch in a torquay shirt this afternoon should be had up for fraud for impersonating a football team, with the sad passing of Ian Twitchen last week none of those players today are fit enough to lace Ian's boots let alone kick a ball with him, they are nothing but a bunch of fakes & frauds if I did my job as bad as they have today I'd expect the sack , this club is in free fall & it certainly looks as if there is no way back, sad to say it's now over , what a load of absolute sh$#e. F@#k off CO take your so called investment & stick it where the sun don't shine stop leading us a merry dance & admit it you're only after the land, after all you're a bloody property development firm with no interest in TUFC whatsoever. And yes I am pi$$ed off with it all .
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Disappointed at selection obviously used it to give a few squad players a game but we are not good enough for that. Williams and Reid were poor today the best part for me is when the head steward asked me to get my feet off of the back of a seat at least I was there.
Why Reid was playing behind the striker I do not know.
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Yes, Wivel it was a low attendance but I'm not at all sure that this was the lowest for a competitive match.

Weren't we dreadful though, it was a shambles and we are truly rubbish (again). They wanted it more than us and they got it plain and simple, they were stronger and more professional right across the park.

For me the only shred of comfort was a wholehearted performance from Dowling until he was subbed.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

gateman49 wrote: 16 Dec 2017, 18:05 Yes, Wivel it was a low attendance but I'm not at all sure that this was the lowest for a competitive match.

Weren't we dreadful though, it was a shambles and we are truly rubbish (again). They wanted it more than us and they got it plain and simple, they were stronger and more professional right across the park.

For me the only shred of comfort was a wholehearted performance from Dowling until he was subbed.
He tried hard but the selection was poor and the blend of players was not right we suffered for it . I blame Owers but don't think he's made many mistakes and he's a good coach. He would not have selected this side in a league game.
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

tufcyellowarmy wrote: 16 Dec 2017, 17:51 Is there anyone still out there among our fans that actually think we are better off with these two than KN.
Regardless of whether you are in the yes or no camp it’s worth remembering that we weren’t forced not a quick appointment due to KNs sudden departure . It took 4 weeks to end up where we are now with a management duo whose record so far is underwhelming to say the least.
I wasn’t at today’s game s cannot comment on whether our shape was good, our fitness improved , and desire to win evident.
But on what I saw on Tuesday and from today’s reports this will be our greatest ever escape if we can turn this around.
KN was just as bad... lesser or more of two evils, who cares, totally crap!
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

TUST_Member_Rob wrote: 16 Dec 2017, 16:15 Correct decision by ref

Horrific challenge and deserved

Barnun-Bobb a disgrace and should be fined

Better than Higgins do me a favour
Agreed Rob, someone needs to educate the idiots on the Popside, those that thought the challenge was fair....

Laughable.
Bert
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: nico

Post by Bert »

Record lowest attendance: 520 against Shrewsbury Town (16 January 1991, League Trophy Preliminary Round).
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Yes, Arcadia, I agree that the selection was poor and one of the biggest problems has been the lack of a settled side, somebody will prove me wrong but I suspect that we've not had the same squad for two consecutive matches for some time.

And, if Wivel is right about the attendance, as you stated, you were there, so one day you can tell your grandchildren all about it! At the moment, I'm trying to forget it though.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Good old Bert!