Torquay United v Leyton Orient thread

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Looking forward to match reports from posters who attended Plainmoor today.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

FT 3-0 :bow: :clap:

Great performance..... well done one and all!!

Is it Tuesday today??? :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

What a win and what a difference from last saturday after losing to Fylde. How quickly things can change.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

well done to the players, management and fans who attended!
TUST MEMBER
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

Good performance, great effort put in from the players and the gap closed to 4 points so onwards and upwards.

Orient’s performance is nearly the worst I’ve ever seen at Plainmoor. They were dreadful.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

IanGull01 wrote: 25 Nov 2017, 17:43 Good performance, great effort put in from the players and the gap closed to 4 points so onwards and upwards.

Orient’s performance is nearly the worst I’ve ever seen at Plainmoor. They were dreadful.
When we think of our predicament over the last couple of seasons, spare a thought for the 'O's'. Theirs is a horror story and by their performance today - which was really dire - the story has not ended.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

yes and thanks for the 300+ fans who made the journey and will help our coffers
TUST MEMBER
Cruisinho
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Cruisinho »

Very pleasing win. It was also nice to see the stats of the game, showing we deservingly won.

A win next week will put us in a great position to start moving out of trouble.

With the signing of Guy, it looks to be the end of Pittman? Which is a shame as I thought he would be dangerous for us this season.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Great win!

Team to a man pressed and closed down all over the pitch today and if Reid and Keating didn't fluff 2 great chances it could have been a rout.

However we played them off he park, no manager, no direction, no game plan reminded me of us in some games this year.

Well done to Owers and the players today back to back wins richly deserved.

Couple of other points -
Do think Murphys time is done here, he's not better than any other forward player we have and it would free up a loan spot

Slight negative for Reid who worked his socks off all game, couldn't be bothered to come and clap the fans - everyone else did. He was down the tunnel ASAP.

Barnum-Bobb was a poor choice of MoM, yes he up and down all day and was an option going forward but his final ball is poor, don't think he completed a cross and he had plenty of chances! Would have given it to Reid or Young.

Davey has slotted in incredibly well, was organising and is good in the air

Finally, ref seemed to be an Os fan gave as many free kicks their way as he could!
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

yellowsmiffy wrote: 25 Nov 2017, 17:23 What a result. Glad to see GO answering some of us critics after the Fylde loss. Two very impressive results.
I will second that . I also admit to completely not getting close to predicting the wins this week .
.Really pleased for Youngy after some of the stick he’s had recently. GO and MK are on the way to being a credible catalyst to getting us out of our perennial mire !!
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

The best afternoon I’ve had at Plainmoor for a good while. It was so good to see the team perform like this, full of energy and threatening Orient from beginning to end. A great team effort from all of them, and we kept our shape until the final whistle. If we had played like that all season we’d be top by some distance. A special word for Jamie Reid, who I thought was outstanding.

Leyton Orient were shapeless, dispirited and very poor. The red card was well deserved, the lad who got it should be banned for six months for a quite disgraceful attempt to break another player’s legs.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

TUST_Member_Rob wrote: 25 Nov 2017, 18:16 Great win!

Slight negative for Reid who worked his socks off all game, couldn't be bothered to come and clap the fans - everyone else did. He was down the tunnel ASAP.
To be fair he has had a lot of abuse from some fans
TUST number 080
Mattpuma
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by Mattpuma »

Frankly I dont care if Reidy claps the fans as long as he puts in a shift like he did today. I havent been a fan of his but he was excellent today.
MOM for me was Efete, cultured and imposing performance.
All round the team played well. Still chasing hard after 90 minutes and first to everything. Looks like a well coached set up and hopefully we will climb the table.
Orient look certain relegation fodder I am afraid.
Tust member 191
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Lloyder5 wrote: 25 Nov 2017, 18:27 To be fair he has had a lot of abuse from some fans
:goodpost:
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

It's not relevant is it. ? He was the hardest working player in a team whose work rate was one of the best I have seen from a United team down the decades.