Sutton united V Torquay United 21/11/17

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Sutton united V Torquay United 21/11/17

Post by lucy6lucy »

Here we go again, the emotional rollercoaster starts again. With an outside chance according to Devon live this afternoon , we may have a new forward for the game tomorrow. Ok, he's not the Ronaldo/messi some had hoped. But let's face it he can't be any worse than what we have at the moment, surely!! As for the 4G pitch at Sutton there can be no excuses, the team are accustomed to the 4G at Paignton college.
It's a very depressing outlook that many see Sutton away as a very tough match, this highlights the reality we find ourselves in. And indeed this will be a tough match, we don't have warriors in the side, despite improved performances. I personally hope the lads had a good think and talked constructively on the journey home on Saturday after there 45 minute meeting of home truths, it's not just Torquay as a club that is at meltdown their own careers in professional football are too, if they don't buck up.
It's very conceivable that we will take as many fans to Sutton as the home supporters will. And that's where it is all wrong, as too how this club is being run. The club does not deserve the support we generate, the passion must be passed onto the players.
Anyway, full respect to all that go tomorrow.
Lucy
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

If the new striker is not ready in time for tomorrow’s game then Keating needs to start. Yes Keating May not be the answer but We need to try somthing different!
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Keating got his chance to start against Hartlepool and showed what he is: a willing, enthusiastic player who will run and run and chase but a goal scorer he is not.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

League position is gained by merit and Sutton who are currently in 3rd place in the National League table, should tell you all you need to know about this side. Any team that cannot beat Solihull, Chester or Halifax in their home matches, should not expect to come away from Sutton victorious.

Unless, of course, you are a believer of Torquay's sacred 'Book of Proverbs' {23:2}
"We're tarred with this 'we're bottom of the league, we're rubbish'. Well, we're not rubbish any more - we're getting there,"
midtable
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Wilson

Post by midtable »

As these are desperate times I am going to rely on a lucky omen. When we beat Ebbslfleet away John Cadigan was doing the co-commentry for BBC Radio Devon and he returns tonight. Right, off to find a four leaf clover and then explain later to the kids why the pet rabbit has lost a foot.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

midtable wrote: 21 Nov 2017, 00:30 As these are desperate times I am going to rely on a lucky omen. When we beat Ebbslfleet away John Cadigan was doing the co-commentry for BBC Radio Devon and he returns tonight. Right, off to find a four leaf clover and then explain later to the kids why the pet rabbit has lost a foot.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Love it ! That made I laugh !!
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

'Fraid no lucky charms will help tonight. Predict 2-0 defeat and another nail in the coffin.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

My prediction:

Sutton United (2) 3
Torquay United (0) 1

Att: 2677
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

I will be there tonight supporting the team I love. However, I just can't see us getting anything.

The two talked about strikers clearly will not be with us tonight, how many more weeks do we need to wait for the cogs to turn at our slowly dying club. As fans we await news all the time - 'Top Manager', 'Striker', 'Five Year Plan' - any communication or bloody plan at all would be a start!

Sorry I can't see us scoring and get the feeling tonight could be bad. Sutton 4 - Torquay 0

Lets hope I am wrong, see you all tonight - UNITED WE STAND, COME ON YOU YELLOWS...
Cruisinho
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Cruisinho »

Can’t see us scoring to be honest, at least not from open play anyway. I saw the bid we made for the striker was rejected, and the French striker we have heard nothing about since.

I think the best we can hope for is a set piece goal.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Sutton 2 torquay 3.

Stuck 20 quid on 5-1 with William for a torquay win. Cmon
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Presume the new French striker is not going to be available for this game as hoped ?

Does anyone know if he has agreed to join at all??
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Modgull wrote: 21 Nov 2017, 08:16 'Fraid no lucky charms will help tonight. Predict 2-0 defeat and another nail in the coffin.
Another defeat and wins for Barrow and Orient would see the club needing 5 wins to get out of the bottom 4 as it stands. Not taking into account the points that the teams above will accumulate during those next 5 games where Torquay are trying to get the 5 wins.

It's not another nail but final nail. This game tonight tonight should be treated as a cup final and not approached with an 'expecting to get beat but we'll see what happens' attitude.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Gloomy Gull wrote: 21 Nov 2017, 16:16 Presume the new French striker is not going to be available for this game as hoped ?

Does anyone know if he has agreed to join at all??
Apparently he's agreed the short term contract and could feature tonight but two big obstacles: 1. getting international clearance and 2. getting him to the ground! I did post a few days ago that the only thing stopping him was a Flybe air fare from France!
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

high lights v Fylde -

look at donkeys Reid and Myrie Williams - who fluff great chances at 0-0

I'd back Keating to have scored them