AFC Fylde v Torquay United 18/11/17

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Being a fan of a downward spiralling team (for a number of years) and with owners who most likely do not care what league we end up in is a rather odd thing don't you think.

Fans of such clubs hand over their hard earned cash to supposedly support the downward spiralling club. Why?

Especially when the entertainment is crap, the football is crap, feel depressed every Saturday, when for most this is a day off and meant to be an enjoyable and fun day. And its been going on for years, not one year, many years.

So why?

1) To prove they are the loyalist of the loyal fans left. And get some satisfaction and status from that fact
2) Hope that the owners really do care and will invest to get us back to what we were, and therefore some entertainment in the future
3) The only thing in life is the club they support, so keep on going every week.
4) Habit
5) Like handing over cash to help the owners achieve what they want
6) To prove their undying commitment and love for the club they chose to support.

All a bit odd isn't it.
TUST MEMBER
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Let’s be grateful that we still have a club to slag off 😊
Last edited by kevgull on 18 Nov 2017, 18:27, edited 1 time in total.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

Sad Neal, so so sad.

Owers hasn't quite proved to be the 'savior' we were promised. Toothless in attack and easy to score against = relegation.

Its gone too far now, GI wont or don't want to help. Where are all the so called 'contacts' Owers had? just another fresh crop of shite to replace the last lot.

Gates will plumit further as we go into the winter, less and less money, less and less hope.
Bert
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: nico

Post by Bert »

Lets hope that Owers hasn't signed a contract yet
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

I see everyone has been going on about the so called strikers were suppose to be signing, yes I totally agree we need strikers.

Everyone’s getting excited about this French Striker, he’s - a Free Agent for a reason.

How fit will he be?
How will he settle here in England? I’m hoping if he does actually sign he is the real deal.

I don’t see Keating getting an opportunity once we’ve signed these 2 proposed strikers, unless these two current loans leave us.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

It's quite evident we have a team that given the experience/talents of the component parts is underforming. The finger is therefore pointing at the coaching duo who have also to be under performing having employed a string of players not wanted by their current clubs who quite frankly have only proved why that was the case. They have had more money than ever given previously but quite simply are currently failing to hack it. Trying to trace back to administrations - managers - gone by is futile and mindless. If these two coaches can't deliver in the next two games it will be time they stood down. The ball is in their court.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Cruisinho wrote: 18 Nov 2017, 17:40It’s not disrespectful to expect a full time team, to be able to at least compete with a part time team.
If you are under the impression that AFC Fylde are part-time you are wrong. They were full-time for the whole of last season and of course are so this season too.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Hammdog2601 wrote: 18 Nov 2017, 18:49 I totally agree we need strikers. Everyone’s getting excited about this French Striker, he’s - a Free Agent for a reason.
Yes he's a free agent because his season as just ended in Finland and in common with many continental footballers he has been on a calendar year contract as Ruairi Keating was in Ireland...will he be fit ~ well why wouldn't he be?
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Well done to the supporters who went. Can't comment too much on today as didn't go but did listen to the radio while at work of the match. My opinion is we need to keep calm. I'm keeping faith with owers and kurl. I'm sure they have not come here to fail and although results are not good they need to find solutions in real time while still trying to win football games. There is no other option to this mess. Got to stick with it. There is no other option
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

As I said last week what are Myrie Williams, McQuoid and Murphy still doing here ?
Are we stuck with them til the loan is up or can we send them back early, they have made no impact
whatsoever and produced sod all, and Evans has been taken off for the last two games
Loan players dont give a toss unless they are young hungry players who want to improve and move up the
leagues. ( eg Dowling) Give me Keating every time, he works his socks off and he CAN finish, recall his two well taken
goals v Boreham Wood in August as well as his goals at the end of last season
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

It does feel like a copy and paste job at the moment reporting the matches. 1st half we where the better team by a country mile, creating numerous goal scoring opportunities only for the final touch/ball go begging. 2nd half we where so poor and inept. Once again the winning team wins by the there total amount of shots on target. The only answer is we need a striker or too to covert what we create. It really is fine lines. But if you can't score when on top it will come back to bite you. We are not a poor side, we are a side that needs help upfront.
Aside from that the ground and infrastructure was impeccable. Great example of a real owner maximising revenue with the club at heart. I actually felt jealous of what they have. Nice to meet Gulliball today and as ever Super Nicky Wroe.
Lucy
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Thanks for that report Lucy.
How often this season have I read "1st half we where the better team by a country mile" but you do not win games by playing for half the match.
I cannot blame Owers for laying into the team after the game. They deserved it by the sound of it.
At the end of the day it is the players who make the difference and sometimes it is only one player that changes everything.
Look at last season. Kieffer Moore arrived result immediate impact.
In most games this season the difference between the sides is fairly marginal.
However things are now getting very serious 8 points adrift of safety and Sutton away on tuesday.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Someone needs to make way for Jordan Lee to rejoin the team,

Can't understand the Keating is naff argument, since Owers has come in he's played max 10 mins

He deserves a go up front
nwyellow
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by nwyellow »

As Mr owers has so brilliantly pointed out we aren't good enough. Thanks Jeff😀
As for the set up at Fylde I do agree it is all shiny and impressive but queuing to get into the bar past the doorman,,,,,. They have ambition and the right attitude in terms of investment and drive. And just to add insult to injury they have a goalscorer too.
Credit to the yellow army for their attendance and support. If that doesn't lift the team to even seemingly put 90 minutes in and out themselves on the line nothing will.
While we may not have an out and out goalscorer we can't keep changing and trying new players week in week out. The coaching team need to coach what we have and set up against what they have. Not saying it's easy or I have any idea but that's why I pay £13 to support the team and abuse in the name of sport, the other fans and team.
For me it's the middle of the park that is completely missing. How many times do the front line pick the ball up at the halfway and run it towards goal for no real effort on goal. There is no constructive build up to the front line. It's always on the break or a chase onto a long ball
COYY
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

portugull wrote: 18 Nov 2017, 20:36 Thanks for that report Lucy.
How often this season have I read "1st half we where the better team by a country mile" but you do not win games by playing for half the match.
I cannot blame Owers for laying into the team after the game. They deserved it by the sound of it.
At the end of the day it is the players who make the difference and sometimes it is only one player that changes everything.
Look at last season. Kieffer Moore arrived result immediate impact.
In most games this season the difference between the sides is fairly marginal.
However things are now getting very serious 8 points adrift of safety and Sutton away on tuesday.
Taking Barrow's far superior goal difference into account, we are actually 9 points adrift. The next four games are Sutton (a), Aldershot (h), Leyton Orient (h) and Tranmere (a). I think after the Tranmere game we wiil be even more points adrift. Desperado is right - seasoned players like McQuoid, Myrie-Williams and Murphy have been out on loan so many times, they don't give a toss about the clubs they're playing for as long as they're getting paid. In a month's time, they will go back to their parent clubs and not give TUFC a second thought.

Ruari Keating is going through a lean spell, as all strikers do, but he is more likely to make things happen than any of the above named trio. I'm becoming disillusioned with Owers. He is turning out to be one of those managers who plays his own signings, however poor they're performing, ahead of players already at the club when he was appointed.