AFC Fylde v Torquay United 18/11/17

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

If we were playing so well in the first half as Lucy and co suggest, why did Owers change the formation?
Seems we were playing well but missed a few chances. If he wanted to bring on Murphy why not do a
straight swap with Myrie Williams
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

Dazza wrote: 18 Nov 2017, 16:50 Nicholson had a lot of faults but I can't see how he could have done any worse.
Completely agree!!
All we have heard in the last month is that either we are not rubbish from our manager , or we are playing well and are much fitter and better organised under GO than Nicho . Well that is utter bollocks of the very highest order.
I don’t care how pretty our football is as long as we win or don’t capitulate with a spineless whimper..
I am not a stato but I’m pretty sure Nicho squired more points in his last , say 10 or so games in charge compared to our current management .
In fairness to GO and MK though , TUFC is geographically in the areas end of nowhere in some people eyes and therefore our location is prohibitive in signing decent players from up country.
We needed a decent haul of points from the games in October as I said . And now we face Sutton next and as relegation prospects we are nailed on.
Great escape part ?
I hope so but doubt it .
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

No wins on a Saturday this season 😟
No urgency off the pitch this season, in order to get the right personnel at the club 😟
Apathy is destroying the club and its fan base, roll on the Conference South!
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

merse btpir wrote: 18 Nov 2017, 17:23
Absolutely agree with all this; it's been like this since silly bollocks appointed Farcegreaves and looked forward to 'more winning football'

Not a **** clue within the walls of TQ1 as to how to approach life in this league and the problem will be taken out of their hands soon when relegation is confirmed after two successive seasons of getting away with murder and then awarding a silver feckin' salver for it.

It would beggar belief at any other club let alone a former Football League one.
Knocked the nail on the head... 'within the walls of TQ1' - what the heck do they bloody do all day, every day??
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

How far we fall.

6 years ago today we destroyed Plymouth at Plainmoor. Now we expect to lose to clubs like AFC Fylde.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

lucy6lucy wrote: 18 Nov 2017, 20:16 It does feel like a copy and paste job at the moment reporting the matches. 1st half we where the better team by a country mile, creating numerous goal scoring opportunities only for the final touch/ball go begging. 2nd half we where so poor and inept. Once again the winning team wins by the there total amount of shots on target. The only answer is we need a striker or too to covert what we create. It really is fine lines. But if you can't score when on top it will come back to bite you. We are not a poor side, we are a side that needs help upfront.
Aside from that the ground and infrastructure was impeccable. Great example of a real owner maximising revenue with the club at heart. I actually felt jealous of what they have. Nice to meet Gulliball today and as ever Super Nicky Wroe.
good to see you again mate - and Gulliball! not seen him since barrow away in 2008!
agree with your report. there was some poor performances - luke young wasn't good - he struggled to beat the first man with any set plays.
lovely ground and facilities - apart from as nwyellow said having to wait to get into their sportsbar!
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468