Torquay United v Maidstone United 11/11/17

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Torquay United v Maidstone United 11/11/17

Post by lucy6lucy »

In reality this fixture and indeed any sporting event has no importance to what we should all be supporting "remembrance day".
Having just watched the impeccable respect from Chester and Wrexham fans, there is respect in the football community.

Playing Maidstone a few years ago would normally be a case of how many. But we now face reality in that we are where we are. This fixture is tricky but deep down so winnable. Fitness should not be an issue, 2 weeks off. So ability is the only factor in the result surely. Having signed/accrued another loan player albeit in defence, surely we all hoped or still pray for an addition in the front line. I predict 2-1 Torquay, not sure who will score but have that winning feeling for this match.
Lucy
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Yep, your right, with the children of WW2 now in their 80's, we're not far away from having no one alive from either world war, it's vital we keep the memory (if that's the right word) going for all those who died or suffered horrific injuries, so we could have the freedoms we do today, it will be well supported every where.

As for the game, no need for anyone to state the obvious any more, or try educate their fellow TUFC fans who might not have noticed the situation we're in, we all know.

You have to keep the hope, and belief the club can pull themselves out of this mess alive, until the maths say otherwise. Pretty much every home game is now a must win, but this one will be yet another big ask.
Formerly known as forevertufc
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

forevertufc wrote: 08 Nov 2017, 21:37 Yep, your right, with the children of WW2 now in their 80's, we're not far away from having no one alive from either world war, it's vital we keep the memory (if that's the right word) going for all those who died or suffered horrific injuries, so we could have the freedoms we do today, it will be well supported every where.

As for the game, no need for anyone to state the obvious any more, or try educate their fellow TUFC fans who might not have noticed the situation we're in, we all know.

You have to keep the hope, and belief the club can pull themselves out of this mess alive, until the maths say otherwise. Pretty much every home game is now a must win, but this one will be yet another big ask.
We have to remember that the anniversary is used to remember all the people who have died in wars - not just World War One/Two but also the Falklands War, the Gulf War, and conflicts in Afghanistan and Iraq .

As for the game- Lucy has an optimistic win but is not sure where the goals will came from. On that note I don't think many supporters do either which is why I think there is so much pessimism come match days.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

MellowYellow wrote: 08 Nov 2017, 23:56
We have to remember that the anniversary is used to remember all the people who have died in wars - not just World War One/Two but also the Falklands War, the Gulf War, and conflicts in Afghanistan and Iraq .
Yep, very well aware of that, also the millions of civilians killed and injured in wars and conflicts, but WW1/2 are the most poignant, for so many reasons.
Formerly known as forevertufc
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

4-0 .... young hattrick

Att: 1,800 (180 from Maidstone - about the same amount that used to travel to Sittingbourne/Ashford when they really were shite)
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

Is John-Paul Pittman fit yet? If so I'd like to see him get a shot in a side that might actually now give him some service. He got a bit of stick earlier in the season, particularly in the Solihull game, but I'd have backed him to put one away from all of the chances we created in the Hartlepool game.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Thought JPP had a ok game agasint guisley. Ok couldn't pull the trigger when we had the chances, but got himself in the right positions and I thought tried hard. I would play him
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

My prediction:
Torquay United (0) 0
Maidstone Utd. (2) 3

Att: 1679
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

I am going for 0-0 hope we win though. (£)
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

No way a goalless draw! Not unless the Maidstone coach gets stuck on the M5!
HockeyGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by HockeyGull »

With our fine home record against teams beginning with 'Maid', I'm hoping to see a convincing home win. How's about 3-1 with goals from Young, McQuoid and Jazzi Barnum Bobb (Crazy name, Crazy guy as they say in Private Eye).
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Looks like weather is going to be windy and wet. Can't see many goals. Torquay 1 Maidstone 0
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by lucy6lucy »

Higgins unavailable tomorrow due to family issue in Liverpool? What is that about. Bereavement is accepted, but "issue" when his professional club needs him is quite odd, borderline disappointing
Lucy
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

lucy6lucy wrote: 10 Nov 2017, 20:56 Higgins unavailable tomorrow due to family issue in Liverpool? What is that about. Bereavement is accepted, but "issue" when his professional club needs him is quite odd, borderline disappointing
Barnum-Bobb better bet.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by lucy6lucy »

Rjc70 wrote: 10 Nov 2017, 21:43 Barnum-Bobb better bet.
Let's hope dave is up to national league survival
Lucy