Torquay v Hartlepool 28/10/17

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

I see he is doubtful but not definitely out unless I've missed an update or something. He played on which suggests he thought he could run it off.
But we do have options if he doesn't make it .
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

I am going with a mate.
I hope for a 2-0 win with Reid and Dowling to score.
Gate 2,099.
Dry sunny day so no excuses guys and gals get down to Plainmoor. COYY.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

an Interesting Statistic. looking over the form for the last 5 games ours is equal to Woking and Dagenham, and better than Aldershot. (what a shame we played them where we did.)
compared to the Bottom sides. we are also equal to Chester and Fydle. and way better than orient who will drop into a relegation space inside the month of November if they don't pick up sharply. If we can get another point or even 3 against Hartlepool we will be well and truly on the up.
The confidence will be boosted hugely if we do well against Hartlepool. Success begets success as they say. and a win I think will start to build a winning mentality which will see us rise fairly rapidly up. Lose and I think it will take probably until Christmas to really build up steam. But from reports so far we seem to be doing ok.
In fact, it's entirely possible that it could be us that puts Orient into a relegation position. as it comes right on my Birfday. I'm planning on coming down for that so I would appreciate a win as a nice pressy lads. we can do this. I've nothing against Orient Personally, but then I would just like to see the Facebook trumps who told us that orient were coming and they were going to walk the league. Yeah Right!!! they haven't won a league game since September 2nd.
for some reason I thought Orient was a good target to aim for when i saw their form dip. and watched it continue to dip. 15 point from the first 24. then 2 points from the last 27 have seen them slide from 2nd to 19th. this form is even worse than ours was. and now we are flying compared to them. if we can keep up the momentum we could see Utd ahead of Orient and Hartlepool. Eastleigh, Gateshead.and possibly one or two others. I think it hangs on Saturday's results.
Hartlepool, by comparison, had an awful start to the season and only picked up 2 points out of 18. then fortunes turned around and 10 out of twelve points made things look a little better and pulled them out of the relegation spots. But their fortunes have taken a turn again and their last 8 league games have seen them only pick up 10 points. My intuition says this is an odds-on banker for a score draw. or Possibly yet another defeat. as they have only the two wins and both of those were against Solihull Moors and Barrow. both of whom are doing badly themselves. This is eminently winnable if we can build on the confidence-building performances of the last four games.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

this is one match where I want to agree with Wivell. even if he is a knock-kneed knackered old Nosebag,, lol.
You dont agree with Brucie much now haha

brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Glostergull - many happy returns for your Orient birfday. Btw do your arms get sore in that strait jacket? :O
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by wivelgull »

I always agree with brucie, Mr. gloster! But why do some people call him Terry?
p.s. tomogull: Whitby Town are at home today in the 1st qualifying round of the FA Trophy (versus Marine). Our recent cup history is worse than United's.
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

No Liam Davis today - partner gave birth last night - so without a LB.

Wonder what Kev's doing this arvo?

I'll get me coat.
TUST member 200 ;-)
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

brucie wrote: 28 Oct 2017, 00:03 Glostergull - many happy returns for your Orient birfday. Btw do your arms get sore in that strait jacket? :O
noo i'm very comfortable in it thanks. its specially made for me. in yellow. It's got a TUFC badge on it.
and thanks for the birthday wishes Brucie. even if a bit early. just hope i dont kick the bucket beforehand. ..ow, flippen bucket, oo put it there!
Last edited by Glostergull on 28 Oct 2017, 15:02, edited 1 time in total.

Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

wivelgull wrote: 28 Oct 2017, 11:30 I always agree with brucie, Mr. gloster! But why do some people call him Terry?
p.s. tomogull: Whitby Town are at home today in the 1st qualifying round of the FA Trophy (versus Marine). Our recent cup history is worse than United's.
Your a sucker for punishment ain't ya Wivell. and ive seen ya disagree wiv Brucie even if you didn't realise it.
I was once told it was his name, but I've only ever referred to him as Brucie. personally, i would call him Lurch. he usually is so negative about the team I can just imagine him going oooouuuuuurrrggghhhhhhh. :lol:

tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

sounds like we are massively on top and started well!!
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

As the podcast started puns. I will liven up this thread cos its like a morgue in ere at the moment, one wonders where all the exiles are.
will we be having any special efetes for the match.
are any of our wide players able to pass the duchy on the left-hand side .
Are we gonna score any ghouls.
am waiting for our striker to ghost in and hit em where it hurts.

tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

Back to normal then, brilliant. Yet again another game where we have had ample chances to score but haven't done so. I am not solely blaming him and I'm glad he's bagged the last few games, but Reid is not the answer.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Brilliant first half

Spread the ball nicely, made good chances, dominating.

BUT we didn't score - Keating missing a free header, Reid scuffing a golden chance and McQuoid testing the keeper when through

Game should be over at HT

Their first killed us we just went to pot

Nothing on the bench to change it and no fighting spirit

Unknown what the happy clappers saw in that 2nd half
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Had no intention of going today, a disastrous day.

Was going to do my sport today, van didn't start. So couldn't go. Cost me £124 for a new battery etc.

So said to missus I'm going football, out of the blue, she said I will come too, she has never been to a football match with me EVER.

So it cost me £38 + 2 Burgers and 2 drinks.

Now to the football, Hartlepool are sh*te!!, Terrible, bloody clueless team.

We absolutely dominated the first half and missed a number of chances, their Goalie pulled off the save of the season for one of them. I thought the team looked excellent to be honest. I thought we aint gonna lose this we are too good for them and they are useless.

Roll on second half, a couple of early stoppages didn't help, and their first real chance, and its a goal. That was basically it, curtains, the end, nailed on defeat.

The missus said, I now understand the years and years of frustration and my usual comment of "we threw it away".

So a complete disaster from start to finish, although I did have a nice Guinness in the Hare & Hounds.

I'm now gonna have anther beer and watch Strictly and vote for Debbie Mgee, cus shes my age and still looks good. And be entertained by people enjoying themselves and having ago at something new and laughing and having a good time.

Stuff watching football, until next time of course :)
TUST MEMBER
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Very disappointed today. We outplayed Hartlepool in the first half, by a long way, and should have gone in in two or three up at half time. Unlucky not to score, although a bit wasteful. The Gulls looked confident and commanding. Second half, oh dear, Hartlepool came at us from the kick off, scored once and then (after a wicked, lucky, deflection) a second. I was pleased to see the team not give up, but not our day. What disgraceful time wasting from a less than impressive Hartlepool side, the ref let them get away with blue murder, particularly during the substitutions. Petty, poor sportsmanship from the Hartlepool bench, throwing the back away at every opportunity, hope they fail to reach the playoffs.