Ebbsfleet United v Torquay united 24/10/17

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Ebbsfleet United v Torquay united 24/10/17

Post by lucy6lucy »

Looks like our 16.54pm 1-1 match predictor poster has deserted us, probably emigrated to Cuba after winning the monthly award.
It's not often you get excited with a 1-1 result, but I left Halifax yesterday full of optimism. Having seen Gateshead away and guiesley away(daylight robbery), this group of players are a different identity. They are believing in themselves. They are passing the ball, committing to every tackle and have a game plan. Massive thumbs up to the new management duo. There is fear for failure. These 2 take no shit.
Onwards to ebbsfleet we have nothing to fear. We can win this match, we desperately need a new striker ASAP. But take that away this team should not be bottom 4. I go 1-0 win Torquay
Lucy
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Well our first away win is certainly overdue, and encouraging that we played very well on saturday but
we were all full of optimism after the 4-0 v Maidenhead and then we got that performance against Dover
The team must realise they have to give a performance full of effort , passion and commitment every single
game , if they do they have the ability to climb the table (as long as they can take their chances !)
Also it is time we started getting a few breaks, when did we last get a penalty? As somebody said, the harder
you work the luckier you get
Ebbsfleet 0 Torquay 1 (pen) but no idea who would take it
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Not yet, I think. Thus:

Ebbsfleet Utd (0) 1
TUFC (0) 0

Att: 1066
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

wivelgull wrote: 22 Oct 2017, 20:44 Not yet, I think. Thus:

Ebbsfleet Utd (0) 1
TUFC (0) 0

Att: 1066
your predictions are worse than that fella from Cumbria......

after the performance at Halifax...

Ebbsfleet 0
TUFC 2

Up the Gulls.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

I did win the Lottery once, though. Ten quid.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

10 Facts on Ebbsfleet
  • Founded in 1946 as Gravesend & Northfleet before named changed in 2007.
    Nicknamed “The Fleet".
    Based in Northfleet, Gravesend, Kent, population of 29,474.
    Ebbsfleet's traditional home colours are red shirt and white.
    Famous people that have played at the club: Roy Hodgson - Crystal Palace manager, Jimmy Bullard ex-Fulham, Hull.
    Ebbsfleet United won the FA Trophy, 2008, defeating Torquay United 1–0.
    Record attendance 12,032 v Sunderland FA Cup 4th Round, 1963. (average league attendance 1,578).
    Club owned by KEH Sports Ltd, subsidiary of Kuwaiti European Holdings ( previously owned by 'MyFootballClub', the online community of Ebbfleet football enthusiasts).
    Currently 10th in League - last five matches: Won 4 - Lost 1.
    Current top scorer - Danny Kedwell (6 goals) ex-Gillingham (age 34).
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

need the 'rub of the green' so to speak... I am actually going for a draw again. I agree the team on paper should not be bottom four, but our defending is awful at times, always feels like we will concede.
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

NIce local game for me and junior.... the optimist in me is going for a scrappy 1-0 win. The pessimist, 7-0 drubbing.
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
apgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Martin Gritton

Post by apgull »

arrywithanh wrote: 24 Oct 2017, 09:49 need the 'rub of the green' so to speak... I am actually going for a draw again. I agree the team on paper should not be bottom four, but our defending is awful at times, always feels like we will concede.
Pretty sure you could say "always feels like we will concede" about any team. If I was a Halifax fan on Saturday I would be wondering how on earth we were only 6 points off top at the start of play.

I'm all in for a scrappy 1-0 win at Ebbsfleet. Was meant to be in London this week so could have gone but that's changed. Pretty gutted, but I'll be listening in.
apgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Martin Gritton

Post by apgull »

Remember Febian Brandy?! Looks like he might get a run out against us tonight: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41735033
Ottery gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Ottery gull »

After watching the highlights of the Halifax match I have to say I was impressed that we now seem to be playing the ball on the ground and to the feet of our players. Looked like we could have had four or five. What I really did see was a massive improvement in confidence with players running into spaces to receive the ball. Bodes well hopefully. If only we could sign a target man.
Not sure we really need another defender especially one who might have injury problems. I guess there is a good reason but I hope it does not prevent us from being able to afford a front man.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

apgull wrote: 24 Oct 2017, 12:25 Remember Febian Brandy?! Looks like he might get a run out against us tonight: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41735033
This was on BTPIR the other day - I don’t think they are expecting Brandy’s international clearance to come through in time for tonight, although you never know with these things
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

So Brandy could be there in spirit, if not in body :whistle:
TUST member 200 ;-)
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

A repeat of the performance at Halifax could see us our first away win. So COYY :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
TUST member 200 ;-)
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

wivelgull wrote: 22 Oct 2017, 20:44 Not yet, I think. Thus:

Ebbsfleet Utd (0) 1
TUFC (0) 0 Att: 1066
Wivel - I saw that John Campbell scored both of the Whitby goals in last Saturday's 2 - 2 home draw. Did he have a good game?