Ebbsfleet United v Torquay united 24/10/17

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

5:10ish. Decide for yourself
The gulls are going up
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

gullno4 wrote: 25 Oct 2017, 14:31

Nope. 100% didn’t, you can see it from the replay that it’s on the line, but not over it
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Not over the line. The ape at the front seems convinced it is a goal, but he’s probably pissed.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Lovely goal from Reid. Top drawer.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Jeff wrote: 25 Oct 2017, 14:54 Nope. 100% didn’t, you can see it from the replay that it’s on the line, but not over it
Spot on. The replay CLEARLY shows the ball did NOT cross the line.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

That was a very good win. Before last night, Ebbsfleet had only lost twice - less than any other team in the league. They have drawn nine games so they are obviously a difficult team to break down. Well done Gary, Martin and the team. It doesn't matter that other teams around us also won. We have closed the gap between us and those just above the bottom four like Barrow, Leyton Orient ...... and Eastleigh !! Whatever is happening at Eastleigh, Soton Dave - has the bubble burst ??
apgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Martin Gritton

Post by apgull »

No linesman is giving that. Replay suggests it was the correct decision.

Apropos, why on earth would you go to a game and watch the whole match through your phone?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

tomogull wrote: 25 Oct 2017, 18:54 That was a very good win. Before last night, Ebbsfleet had only lost twice - less than any other team in the league. They have drawn nine games so they are obviously a difficult team to break down. Well done Gary, Martin and the team. It doesn't matter that other teams around us also won. We have closed the gap between us and those just above the bottom four like Barrow, Leyton Orient ...... and Eastleigh !! Whatever is happening at Eastleigh, Soton Dave - has the bubble burst ??
The bubble won't burst, just a poor run of form according to a few of my mates. They always seem to spend a couple of years trying to go straight up before consolidating and waiting for the right time. They're still improving off field projects so I wouldn't worry too much about them sustaining the rise of the club.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
ACW2IOW
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by ACW2IOW »

Southampton Gull wrote: 25 Oct 2017, 23:17 The bubble won't burst, just a poor run of form according to a few of my mates. They always seem to spend a couple of years trying to go straight up before consolidating and waiting for the right time. They're still improving off field projects so I wouldn't worry too much about them sustaining the rise of the club.
Yes, they will be OK as long as the owner, Stewart Donald, stays with the Club. He has already put £10 million in and there could be more as he already indicated he would put more money in to get them to where they want to go - fully established in the Football League. Whether that would change if he became more involved again at Oxford Utd - who knows!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

There are plenty of others willing to step in should he move on. Eastleigh are a lot more solid financially than certain people seem to think. As I've said before, they've spent 30 years gradually improving on and off the field but they always consolidate at a level before moving forwards. There are still several Committee men from my time there all involved in the day to day operation of the club which is a hive of activity 7 days a week.

They've come a long way since I won the Wessex League with them, often vying with Histon for promotion, I'd say their journey is far from over and fully expect them to achieve League status in the next couple of years.
Dave

wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Whitby Town are financially stable, too, though at the poor end of the 'financially stable' spectrum. The good news is that we have, at last, found a proper centre-forward who can bang 'em in, tomogull.
ACW2IOW
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by ACW2IOW »

Southampton Gull wrote: 26 Oct 2017, 07:49 There are plenty of others willing to step in should he move on. Eastleigh are a lot more solid financially than certain people seem to think. As I've said before, they've spent 30 years gradually improving on and off the field but they always consolidate at a level before moving forwards. There are still several Committee men from my time there all involved in the day to day operation of the club which is a hive of activity 7 days a week.

They've come a long way since I won the Wessex League with them, often vying with Histon for promotion, I'd say their journey is far from over and fully expect them to achieve League status in the next couple of years.
That's good to hear, Dave.
They certainly have made remarkable progress. In the early 1980's I was involved with IOW Club, West Wight FC, and remember playing them very successfully in the Hampshire League prior to the Wessex League forming in 1986.
Just shows what can be achieved if you have committed people all working together.

By the way, I didn't realise Histon played in the Wessex League, I thought they were a Cambridgeshire side!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

I remember West Wight well. Going over to the Island always seemed to produce the worst weather, especially bloody Newport.

Histon became rivals when Eastleigh climbed out of the Wessex, I knew I should have worded that better. I'm sure Eastleigh knew all along that building the infrastructure and facilities was key to sustainability because even back in their Wessex days there were improvements year on year. I think they rode on the back of Saints recent success but why not. I always thought Paul Doswell would be the one to take them forward but he left for Sutton and has worked wonders there. I still think Eastleigh have the right settings for League football and were always the most ambitious club around these parts.
Dave

brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Blimey you are still deluding yourself that Eastleigh are on the up when they are completely useless. Just like you still seem to be under the impression Nico was a good manager :whistle: ;-)